IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Keith Kizer throws Floyd under the bus! "Floyd was AGAINST petitioning the NSAC for better testing"
thehype
post Oct 15 2011, 07:37 PM
Post #51

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 15 2011, 05:44 PM) *
some people say Mayweather genuinely wants to clean up the sport of boxing. if everyone was willing to petition the commission and improve the NSAC testing standards why didn't Mayweather support it, does he want to clean up the sport or just have his opponents tested?

I think it's irrelevant about him "cleaning up the sport" if he still wants his opponents tested.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

My opinion is that if there was no lawsuit, there probably wouldn't be too much talk about wanting to clean up the sport. Just an opinion though, but again, in the grand scheme of the fight happening, it's irrelevant.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 15 2011, 07:43 PM
Post #52

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Oct 15 2011, 05:59 PM) *
looks like we got a new guy with a brain!!...

Yeah that pretty much sums it up! Lol

+Quote Post
Deevel79
post Oct 16 2011, 03:13 PM
Post #53

Strawweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 11,028

some people say Mayweather genuinely wants to clean up the sport of boxing. if everyone was willing to petition the commission and improve the NSAC testing standards why didn't Mayweather support it, does he want to clean up the sport or just have his opponents tested?

This is what I dont understand! He claims he wants better testing, yet when the opportunity to petition the commision comes along, he refuses to. Like Kizer said......"If they were willing to foot the bill for the extra testing, we would have no problem welcoming it for this fight"

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Oct 16 2011, 04:33 PM
Post #54

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,536

thehype
post Oct 14 2011, 05:26 PM
Post #32

QUOTE (Deevel79 @ Oct 14 2011, 03:13 PM) *
You're lying. Provide a link to a source where it says that the opportunity to petition the NSAC was presented to Floyd and he turned it down, all the while, Arum and GBP were all for it.

You just have no response for what you just read and rather attack me instead.

Same article you took your quote from:

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/ne...tory?id=4772853

"Our position is that since the fight would be in Nevada, let [the Mayweather side] make any petition it wants to the commission," Arum said. "We wash our hands of it. If the commission wants to take blood, fine. We don't care. But we're not going to pander to this petty [expletive] about how many days before the fight they can test and so forth. Who are they [Golden Boy] to tell Manny what he's supposed to do? How many times did [Golden Boy boss] Oscar De La Hoya ever give blood before a fight? I will not let this kid get pushed around.

"If they go to the commission and they ask for blood tests and the commission says yes, we will do whatever the commission says. The commission says blood testing, we'll do blood testing. We're not going to help it or oppose it. We're not going to give any credence to this nonsense. They want to sign a contract under the rules of the commission, fine. We don't want the fight if it means Manny is going to be pushed around. Let the commission tell us how many days in front they want blood. Let the commission pick a date to stop taking blood. We trust the commission. Blood testing we think is unnecessary, but fine, we'll do it. But let the commission set the parameters. Let Golden Boy approach the commission and say we want to take blood when he's walking into the ring. Whatever the commission wants to do we will support, but we won't take part in this exercise in nonsense, a procedure which is contrary to how boxing has been conducted in Nevada for 40 years. The burden is not on us to tell the commission what to do."

Arum's appeal for the commission to handle matters may be hollow because although it has protocols in place for random urine testing during training camps, it doesn't for blood testing, and to put it in place in time for a March 13 fight is unlikely, according to Keith Kizer, the executive director of the Nevada commission.

"We're very confident that urine tests by themselves cover everything that needs to be covered, but if the camps want to do additional testing through a third party they are welcome to, as long as they also adhere to commission rules," Kizer told ESPN.com. "Urine testing we could run with today. We could test their urine every day from now until March 13. But blood testing is trickier because we don't require it. If the commission wanted to change the rule it would have to be at a public meeting and, at the earliest, that would be early to mid-January. We have done some urine testing during training camps. We have those protocols in place. Blood testing is a different story.

"We'd have to put it on a commission agenda. Golden Boy or Top Rank or both could ask for blood testing and we'd look into it. Whether it would go anywhere, that's up to the commission to decide. As of now, there are no plans for a special commission meeting, nor has one been requested from either side."

The promoters and HBO hoped to have the fight signed and formally announced at a news conference the first week of January. If they can't iron out the particulars on blood testing until a commission meeting, likely around Jan. 13, it would make finalizing the bout unlikely until at least then.

Schaefer believes that Arum's position of leaving it up to the commission is him "moving the goal post."

"The pressure is on Pacquiao," he said. "They keep moving the goal post like they did with the $10 million weight penalty [if either fighter is over the contract maximum 147 pounds], which we agreed to. They didn't think we would accept that. When we did, they had to find something else to make into a problem. So now they're saying it's up to the commission instead of wanting to negotiate the drug testing with us. I don't want to hear that if the fight breaks up it was because of us. When they came to us with a $10 million weight penalty, they didn't expect us to say yes. They thought we'd say no. So when we said yes, they had to come up with something else. Now we're off USADA, and they are going to come and say only urine testing if that's what the commission says. It's really frustrating.

Oh, but of course, even WITHOUT the "petition", NSAC decided to hold a meeting a few months later to decide if they should institute stricter testing. Their decision....

Urine, not blood, test for boxers pushed

http://www.mb.com.ph/node/261485/n

Drug-testing procedures for a potential super fight between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr., if held in Las Vegas, will be limited to urine testing, as far as the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) is concerned.

The NSAC upheld on Wednesday (Thursday in Manila) its drug-testing procedure on boxers as topnotch doctors Robert Voy and David Watson told the commission that urine samples are sufficient in catching drug-cheats.

So at the end of the day, you're upset with the fact that Floyd Mayweather didn't petition a commission that ultimately decided against the use of blood testing, something that Mayweather would not have agreed to in the first place. I still don't get how Kizer "threw Mayweather under the bus".

dntknw.gif

At this point, it seems more like some people are either on a mission to say, "I TOLD YOU FLOYD REALLY THINKS MANNY PACQUIAO IS ON SOMETHING", to which I simply respond, "Who cares? Whether he thinks that or not, the fight's not happening unless Manny takes the tests," or they just want to say, "I TOLD YOU FLOYD IS SCARED TO FIGHT MANNY", to which I continue to ask, "If he was scared, why did they, on 3 separate occasions, try to get Bob Arum to COME BACK to the negotiating table and even enter into arbitration to offer them a 14-day cutoff?"

laugh.gif

The logic of some people really boggles my mind.

--------------------
WWW.FIGHTHYPE.COM - A FIGHT IS A FIGHT

IT'S GUERRILLA WARFARE....GET YOUR MONKEY TITLE AND AVATAR NOW TO JOIN THE FIGHT!

Hi Deevel79;

I had thought the reason you had not responded to the above post refuting your claims, "thoughts and analyses" was because you had been gone, but I can now see you've been around all the while. The guy "unearthed" the research and decently responded to your queries; why don't you have the decency to at least acknowledge it?

P34c3

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Oct 16 2011, 04:51 PM
Post #55

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (Hops @ Oct 15 2011, 02:39 AM) *
At the end of the day, Floyd Mayweather is asking for something that doesn't really serve its purpose. Or maybe it does. But the purpose was only known to Mayweather.

Who else would the purpose really need to be known to (or who would care (read: fight for Mayweather)) but Mayweather? Yeah, I know...your brilliant self!

Or, put it differently: may be your brilliant self is doing the fighting and not the combatants themselves?

P34c3

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Oct 16 2011, 04:59 PM
Post #56

Super Flyweight

Whichever one suits his fancy. Last I checked, he's the one doing the fighting, no?

P34c3

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Oct 16 2011, 05:08 PM
Post #57

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (Deevel79 @ Oct 16 2011, 04:13 PM) *
This is what I dont understand! He claims he wants better testing, yet when the opportunity to petition the commision comes along, he refuses to. Like Kizer said......"If they were willing to foot the bill for the extra testing, we would have no problem welcoming it for this fight"

I thought the argument and responses have gone past this your quote by Kizer? Kindly read through thehype's response to you in which this type of your persistent shrill has been put in proper context. Please show some development of the mind.

P34c3

+Quote Post
HazConvictedFelo...
post Oct 16 2011, 06:02 PM
Post #58

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,413

Well, whatever. What else is there to say? On another note, the NFL said that the 23 scientists that sent a letter to Roger Godell, are biased. The spokesman says that they are biased because they all have ties to WADA. Travis Tygert said that they are looking forward to working with the NFL for HGH testing. The NFL was looking for documentation on the thresholds for a positve test. They say that the USADA/WADA are with holding info. Another group of scientists, not affiliated with WADA sent a letter saying the same thing. Validating the test. If the NFL is concerned about HGH usage, maybe the sport of boxing should also do the same. HGH is a major issue and it all balls down to the safety and integrity of the sport, and the participants. Whatever the case is here with Floyd, it's obvious that others are in the same page. I'm surprised that Manny Pacquiao, who's supposed to be at the helm of the sport, wouldn't be on board. At the end of the day, I think he has indulged in the forbidden fruit. I'm only one person and my opinion only counts in my book. Everyone else can say/think what they like but it's about the integrity of the sport. The integrity of boxing is being compromised and I think it will be revived when the powers that be, decide to stop cutting corners, and promote fair contests.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 16 2011, 06:14 PM
Post #59

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (duwdu @ Oct 16 2011, 06:08 PM) *
I thought the argument and responses have gone past this your quote by Kizer? Kindly read through thehype's response to you in which this type of your persistent shrill has been put in proper context. Please show some development of the mind.

P34c3

Duwdu, I wouldn't waste my time trying to get Deevel to think otherwise...he's content with being an idiot, so let it be. All of his evidence that he used to make his point, ended up working against him...but hey, you cant tell 'em nothin' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Oct 16 2011, 10:14 PM
Post #60

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (duwdu @ Oct 16 2011, 05:59 PM) *
Whichever one suits his fancy. Last I checked, he's the one doing the fighting, no?

P34c3

if he isn't trying to actually clean up the sport of boxing then someone can't claim that he's.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 06:11 PM