Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What now for Fedor
AussieLad
post Jul 25 2009, 07:21 AM
Post #1

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

Now that affliction has gone under, what is left for the worlds number 1 heavyweight apart from a move to the ufc.

Personally, i think he wont do it. That would mean a lesnar fight, and quite frankly i think fedor is just too small. There was a time when i would have said that fedor destroys lenar, but having seen lesnar pin and finish mir from a position that most other heavies, if they had been on top of mir, would have suffered badly for, well i had to reassess.

It will be a shame to see brute strength overcome the heavyweights, because lets face it, all lesnar can do is wrestle. In any other division where guys are relatively the same size, wrestling alone wont cut it. But in the heavyweight division, where lesnar is cutting weight to make he limit then rehydrating to probably 300 pounds, the size differential is just too much

No doubt i'll cop some heat for the call over fedor, probably from warlord lol (IMG:style_emoticons/default/black eye.gif)

I think a fedor vs cain velsquez fight would be interesting, as they are both skilled and of similar size, though cain would be a huge underdog and too green

And i think lenar needs to be matched against either gonzaga or carwin. Granted, carwin starched gonzaga, but i think carwins striking is much better than lesnars. And both these guys are big enough and good enough not to get dominated on the ground
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Jul 25 2009, 07:49 AM
Post #2

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

Fedor might go to Strikeforce....I can see Dana holding out on a big offer....waiting for Fedor to get longer in the tooth to increase his monster's (Lesnar) chances of a win...

As far as those other matchups....Fedor would easily sub Velasquez....and Lesnar would make the stiff and awkward Carwin his bitch...

lol...it's funny...people hate Lesnar so much, that they are actually talkin' up this Carwin lug as if HE's the guy to stop him...because his hands are even bigger than Lesnar's or some bullshit...Lesnar would take that country boy to the ground and punish him....

+Quote Post
BigG
post Jul 25 2009, 09:29 AM
Post #3

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

Whats next for Fedor? Hopefully he ASSASSINATES Brock.

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Jul 25 2009, 09:29 AM
Post #4

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

I just watched a couple of Carwin fights...he got smaller when he went to the UFC.

Brock rolls that fool, shits on Bud Light, and then sleeps with his wife!

Weeeehoooo!

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Jul 25 2009, 10:07 AM
Post #5

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

WEEEEEHOOOOOO!! PEYTON MANNING!!

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Jul 25 2009, 10:43 AM
Post #6

The Prime Minista

QUOTE (The CEO @ Jul 25 2009, 11:07 AM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

WEEEEEHOOOOOO!! PEYTON MANNING!!

lol...You know where I was going. haha

+Quote Post
provo
post Jul 25 2009, 10:47 AM
Post #7

Super Bantamweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,309

I think Brock would destroy fedor ! Pound the shit out of him Brock is to strong..
I only seen fedor fight once and that was Arlovski and I was not impressed with fedor ,he got lucky throwing a punch with his eyes closed and head down lol
I don't kno maybe I got to watch more on this guy!
Any fights of fedor I gotta watch ??
I just don't see what the big thing is about this guy!
If anyone know of any good fights where he kicked ass ,can u let me kno so I could check them out! Thanks.

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Jul 25 2009, 12:30 PM
Post #8

The Prime Minista

This was pretty impressive.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jul 25 2009, 05:06 PM
Post #9

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (provo @ Jul 25 2009, 10:47 AM) *
I think Brock would destroy fedor ! Pound the shit out of him Brock is to strong..
I only seen fedor fight once and that was Arlovski and I was not impressed with fedor ,he got lucky throwing a punch with his eyes closed and head down lol
I don't kno maybe I got to watch more on this guy!
Any fights of fedor I gotta watch ??
I just don't see what the big thing is about this guy!
If anyone know of any good fights where he kicked ass ,can u let me kno so I could check them out! Thanks.

i kinda agree with you on fedor.. i dont know if he's aging or what or just hasnt fought enough.. i've seen a few of his fights and he certainly looked a step slower in his last fight... i thought arvloski was looking pretty good against him till he got caught... i would have thought he beat lesnar too but i dont know he would be so small next to that guy... it would be interesting to see how he battles back against pure strength... he might be able to pull it out but he would have to do it standing up and i am sure at the end of the fight IF he is victorious he will have known brock lesnar was in the ring with him...

This post has been edited by JLUVBABY: Jul 25 2009, 05:07 PM

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Jul 25 2009, 08:08 PM
Post #10

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

QUOTE (The CEO @ Jul 25 2009, 12:49 PM) *
lol...it's funny...people hate Lesnar so much, that they are actually talkin' up this Carwin lug as if HE's the guy to stop him...because his hands are even bigger than Lesnar's or some bullshit...Lesnar would take that country boy to the ground and punish him....

I dont hate lesnar. The dude is the hulk, says what he thinks and couldnt give a fuck if he offends in the process

IMO carwin has the best chance against lesnar of any heavy at the moment. He is almost as big, similar in strength, shown a solid chin and composure when hit with a big shot, better striking (hardly elite but better than lesnars which is garbage), has much more power in his fists (lesnar buckled randy, but randy was a tiny heavy, lesnar has shown fuck all with his stand up apart from that one moment. Carwin dropped gonzaga like a shotgun with what was essentially an arm punch), and most importantly has very good wrestling. Wrestling is the key here. Mir had the best jiu jitsu in the heavyweight division, gonzaga coming a close second, and he couldnt do shit because his wrestling wasnt up to snuff and he wasnt strong enough. Carwins on youtube saying he wants the fight

Tell me CEO, who you think poses the biggest threat to lesnar? Strikers like congo have no chance apart from landing a hail mary punch in the first 10 seconds of the fight before they get bullrushed to the mat. Apart from carwin, there is nobody else in lesnars size and strength league to be competitive.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 12:47 PM