IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NBC Sports (Formerly Verses)@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Paris vs. Judah-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later, No New Spoilers, or Discussion of Morales-Garcia Card
neophyte7
post Mar 25 2012, 10:43 AM
Post #101

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

??? Actually rode the Grand Central parkway from Harlem to the Flatbush extension... It was a great night of boxing with some good fights. I can say in my life I have experience RINGSIDE seating. Zab won, but he still looks to be a beating away from retirement. My man Mr CHITOWN pointed out Zab loses only to upper echelon fighters... and after last night I am inclined to go with that... Yet and still I cannot see Zab beating any of the top guys. Even last night.. he started his shenanigans when he stuck his elbow in Paris's neck.. this came after Paris was able to touch Zab to the body and head... I credit him with the win and he lives to fight another day...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 25 2012, 11:52 AM
Post #102

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 25 2012, 11:43 AM) *
he started his shenanigans when he stuck his elbow in Paris's neck.. this came after Paris was able to touch Zab to the body and head...

Yep!

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 25 2012, 02:03 PM
Post #103

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 25 2012, 10:43 AM) *
??? Actually rode the Grand Central parkway from Harlem to the Flatbush extension... It was a great night of boxing with some good fights. I can say in my life I have experience RINGSIDE seating. Zab won, but he still looks to be a beating away from retirement. My man Mr CHITOWN pointed out Zab loses only to upper echelon fighters... and after last night I am inclined to go with that... Yet and still I cannot see Zab beating any of the top guys. Even last night.. he started his shenanigans when he stuck his elbow in Paris's neck.. this came after Paris was able to touch Zab to the body and head... I credit him with the win and he lives to fight another day...

I agree, he handles those contenders, journeymen, etc well but when he fights those champs, future HOF'ers, and the upper echelon fighters..it's like night and day. He just doesn't perform as well, i don't know how he'd beat Khan or Peterson if it came to that. He has the skills to beat them both in my opinion (more so Khan than Peterson) but he just hasn't quite put it together over the course of his career. I hope win or lose in his next fight which apparently willmbe for the title, that Zab calls it a career. As far as Vernon goes, I think he has a nice career ahead of him. He just has to go back to the gym and work on a few things. I'd also like to see him stop the showboat antics and focus more

+Quote Post
sduck
post Mar 25 2012, 09:18 PM
Post #104

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Missed it, so Judah's back in the game now huh?

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 26 2012, 08:48 AM
Post #105

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I think the one prevailing thought that I'm sure everyone would agree with is, NBC had the better, more exciting night of boxing. I mean commercials aside, it was a great night for them and a piss poor night for HBO.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Mar 26 2012, 05:57 PM
Post #106

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

Glad Zab won did not see this fight (Dish TV) does offer the station well at least the NY section. Oh well. I wonder who Zab will take on next? The winner of Bradley Pacquiao....

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 09:22 AM