IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CARL FROCH says he passed Calzaghe's legacy, Do you agree??
checkleft
post Apr 4 2013, 08:33 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 4 2013, 07:45 PM) *
froch is full of himself. he lost to a watered down version of kessler. he got a gift decision over dirrell. he went life and death with taylor. joe cal is definitely a class above froch. carl will never admit that.

No way. I respectfully disagree
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 4 2013, 07:51 PM) *
meh what did joe cal do?

+1

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Apr 4 2013, 09:05 PM) *
Agreed! Froch has beaten more B level fighters and lost to his two A-lister's (Ward and Kessler) whereas JC has gotten the W over 3 of his A-lister's (Hops, RJJ and Eubank).

Cal built his record off of B level and C level fighters. Froch has fought all comers taken his losses like a man and even tho he is full of himself he runs from no one. Didn't he desimate the guy a lot of people said ward was ducking? Come on. Cal stole a fight from Hopkins nearly got slept by an over the hill Roy Jones and did next to nothing between and before that. At least Froch is testing himself taking risks and doing it with pride and like a warrior
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Apr 4 2013, 10:37 PM
Post #12

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 4 2013, 08:33 PM) *
No way. I respectfully disagree

+1

Cal built his record off of B level and C level fighters. Froch has fought all comers taken his losses like a man and even tho he is full of himself he runs from no one. Didn't he desimate the guy a lot of people said ward was ducking? Come on. Cal stole a fight from Hopkins nearly got slept by an over the hill Roy Jones and did next to nothing between and before that. At least Froch is testing himself taking risks and doing it with pride and like a warrior

Well the record still stands whether you agree with it or not, all i did was highlight the type of comp they've both faced and CF's record doesn't have the level of superior fighters that JC's does, that is a fact!!

Hopkins and Jones name alone is worth more than all of the names of CF's resume.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Apr 4 2013, 10:55 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 4 2013, 08:52 PM) *
Nope, absolutely not. Froch's resume still needs some tuning.

As long as RJJ and Hopkins's name is on Joe's resume, Froch will always have some heavy lifting to do. The fact that Hopkins is still doing what he does at this advanced age, still gives life to Joe's resume, compared to Froch's.

He gets credit for Hopkins, but not Jones. Most of us on this board could probably have beaten the Jones thyat Calzaghe beat. Calzaghe was entertaining as hell to watch in his fights. He was also very good. Was he on par with Hopkins, Jones and Toney in his prime. I say yes. Is Carl Froch on par with those guys, not yet. Froch still has work to do. If he finds a way to beat Andre Ward, I think thyat puts him ahead of Calzaghe.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 4 2013, 11:44 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Froch has a strange obsession with Calzaghe. As a fighter I like Froch more then Calzaghe, at least Froch takes chances. Like everyone says, Joe got a gift in the Hopkins fight, Roy should've been retired by the time they fought. I don't know too many who expected him to lose to RJJ that night...real fans know that after RJJ moved up and won that HW belt and moved back down and had those fights with Tarver and that KO loss to Glen that he was done. Calzaghe's best wins are questionable at best but it's better then Carl's resume by just having Bernard and Roy on it, and let's not forget he beat Kessler too, another fighter Carl lost to

With that said, Froch lost to the best fighter he's ever faced in Ward and he lost convincingly. He beat Bute but Bute was more hype then sub stance, Froch was his 1st real test and he failed miserably. And he himself got a gift against Dirrell, that was some of the best home cooking I'd seen up to that point. He needs to win against better comp to pass Joe's legacy. I personally don't know if he'll ever do it. I think he'll get blitzed by a few at light-heavy and if he fights Hopkins I say Hopkins takes him by decision

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 5 2013, 08:09 AM
Post #15

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I never had respect for Joe Calzaghe. Other than when he destroyed Jeff Lacy (back when I was a Lacy fan), none of his wins impressed me really. He waited until B-Hop and Roy were old, came over here pounding his chest, and when he snuck away with victories, he took his ball and went home. I actually am in the minority that thinks B-Hop won that fight with him. Calzaghe was a shoe shiner who's a mix between the things I DIDN'T like about Sugar Ray Leonard and all the things Pactards claim Floyd is!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) For the record, there is nothing you can say to me about being a Jeff Lacy fan that I haven't already said to myself lmao (IMG:style_emoticons/default/resent.gif) *hangs head in shame*

This post has been edited by Franchize: Apr 5 2013, 08:11 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 5 2013, 08:25 AM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 5 2013, 09:09 AM) *
I never had respect for Joe Calzaghe. Other than when he destroyed Jeff Lacy (back when I was a Lacy fan), none of his wins impressed me really. He waited until B-Hop and Roy were old, came over here pounding his chest, and when he snuck away with victories, he took his ball and went home. I actually am in the minority that thinks B-Hop won that fight with him. Calzaghe was a shoe shiner who's a mix between the things I DIDN'T like about Sugar Ray Leonard and all the things Pactards claim Floyd is!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) For the record, there is nothing you can say to me about being a Jeff Lacy fan that I haven't already said to myself lmao (IMG:style_emoticons/default/resent.gif) *hangs head in shame*

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Remember the Manfredo "stoppage"??? Now THAT was some bullshit. I still think B-Hop edged him by a point, but Bernard bitched & moaned the whole time, and Joe put on the biggest slap-fest known to mankind. On top of that, I fell asleep during the fight, so I may missed something. Wait a minute....even when I youtube that, I STILL doze off here and there. LOL

Seems like all of the Lacy fan joke have been unloaded, so I'll keep something in the holster for another fighter that you happen to like. Oh yeah, we can say that he waited til Roy got old, but Hopkins was old then and he's older now...while breaking records.

Whatever that jockstrap joke is that people use all the time, we can use it here for Froch's resume compared to Joe's. Froch has been in more exciting fights, but Joe still has those famous shit stains on this record, that wont come off and the world is reminded of every time they see it.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 5 2013, 09:56 AM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Is this a joke? People are giving JC credit for the wins vs Hopins and RJJ? and Eubank? A washed up Eubank, a washed up RJJ, and he didn't win vs Hopkins but whatever. Talk about double standard

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Apr 5 2013, 09:59 AM
Post #18

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 5 2013, 09:56 AM) *
Is this a joke? People are giving JC credit for the wins vs Hopins and RJJ? and Eubank? A washed up Eubank, a washed up RJJ, and he didn't win vs Hopkins but whatever. Talk about double standard

I agree!! Not to mention that JC waited until both BHop & RJJ were in their 40's to face them, beating up on JLacy wasn't anything special either.

At least Froch are facing his opponents while they're still in their primes.

+Quote Post
Musashi100
post Apr 5 2013, 11:53 AM
Post #19

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,711

it debatable, i side with froch.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 5 2013, 03:27 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

forget their comp...or lack thereof...i'm looking at how they match up. dirrell is the closest thing to joe cal that froch has faced. that was the biggest gift decision of his career. i had dirrell winning that 8-4. joe cal would have schooled froch easily. their one similar opponent....kessler...joe cal looked brilliant against him. froch lost to kessler. to me, it's not even close. froch can be a big prick and hate on joe all he wants. he's 2nd class to joe cal.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 01:45 PM