> Leo Santa Cruz has my RESPECT
Dolimite
post Jan 23 2014, 10:29 AM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

http://www.boxingscene.com/santa-cruz-look...gondeaux--73917

This is what I love, Cruz calling out the top dudes! Personally, Rigondeaux waxes his ass nothing nice. Rigo's defense would totally mess with Cruz's offense, plus Cruz leaves his body wide open for counters for fighters like Rig but it would be FUN.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 23 2014, 11:02 AM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Aw man, another fighter mindfucking us...knowing that this promotional cold war is in full effect. Get outta here! Really?! Say it aint so!

I like the idea of a Rigondeaux fight, but I wouldn't cross my fingers on that. It's weird that we got a Lara/Martirosyan fight, but that may have a lot to do with the fact that they're promoted by more than one stable...maybe that's why Bob had nothing to do with that fight. Rigo has another promoter other than TR and I believe Cruz is also promoted by Zanfer promotions...but don't quote me on that.

Anyhow, a Cruz/Frampton fight would suffice in the meantime. Frampton's no scrub, but hell, Cruz is no walk in the park either. Personally, I'd like to see Cruz go through the same process as most up and coming fighters...see if you can beat guys in a better fashion than your successors have. Throw him in there with De Valle, Montiel, Agbeko, Concepcion...just to name a few.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 23 2014, 11:29 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 23 2014, 08:02 AM) *
Aw man, another fighter mindfucking us...knowing that this promotional cold war is in full effect. Get outta here! Really?! Say it aint so!

I like the idea of a Rigondeaux fight, but I wouldn't cross my fingers on that. It's weird that we got a Lara/Martirosyan fight, but that may have a lot to do with the fact that they're promoted by more than one stable...maybe that's why Bob had nothing to do with that fight. Rigo has another promoter other than TR and I believe Cruz is also promoted by Zanfer promotions...but don't quote me on that.

Anyhow, a Cruz/Frampton fight would suffice in the meantime. Frampton's no scrub, but hell, Cruz is no walk in the park either. Personally, I'd like to see Cruz go through the same process as most up and coming fighters...see if you can beat guys in a better fashion than your successors have. Throw him in there with De Valle, Montiel, Agbeko, Concepcion...just to name a few.

Def would be FOTY candidate! I think Rig will be leaving HBO and TR for the obvious disrespect that they have shown him.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Jan 23 2014, 11:55 AM
Post #4

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

Framton and Cruz sign me up but don't say rigo name knowing its wartime and no chance in hell of happening

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 23 2014, 12:36 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Leo is a helluva fighter and I like him but he needs to focus on those who he has a high probability of fighting.

Him and Frampton would be a nice fight. I'm a big fan of his as well

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Jan 23 2014, 04:03 PM
Post #6

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

I think Cruz Gives Rigondeaux a better fight than we expect. Someone tall with reach who isn't afraid to come forward and land on Rigondeaux can do damage if they touch his chin once with power, I love his style, but i have seen him go down before, and almost a few times after. He recovers very fast which isn't easy, I still see him winning but would be an awesome fight while it last.

Question, has Santa Cruz been downed yet?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 23 2014, 04:10 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jovi @ Jan 23 2014, 04:03 PM) *
I think Cruz Gives Rigondeaux a better fight than we expect. Someone tall with reach who isn't afraid to come forward and land on Rigondeaux can do damage if they touch his chin once with power, I love his style, but i have seen him go down before, and almost a few times after. He recovers very fast which isn't easy, I still see him winning but would be an awesome fight while it last.

Question, has Santa Cruz been downed yet?

This immediately puts me in the mind of the Robert Marroquin fight.

Good point!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 03:50 PM