IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> 17yr old girl gets punched in the face by cop for jaywalking, Justified or too far?
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jun 18 2010, 11:57 PM
Post #31

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

Agreed agreed agreed.

I have been arrested a couple of times and although I might not have always been sympathetic with what I was being arrested for (well maybe in one occasion they were pretty right to do what they did) it is always futile to resist arrest.

You are only going to make the situation worse. All you can really do is follow the instructions, get cuffed, go back to the station and if you have a gripe take it from there. Many cops are buffoons without a doubt, but to inflame the buffoon is a pretty dumb move.

I just thought the whole thing was pretty funny. I hope those girls have learned their lesson. Instead they'll probably hire Gloria Albright and end up walking away with a multi million dollar payday.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Jun 19 2010, 12:23 AM
Post #32

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jun 19 2010, 12:57 AM) *
Agreed agreed agreed.

I have been arrested a couple of times and although I might not have always been sympathetic with what I was being arrested for (well maybe in one occasion they were pretty right to do what they did) it is always futile to resist arrest.

You are only going to make the situation worse. All you can really do is follow the instructions, get cuffed, go back to the station and if you have a gripe take it from there. Many cops are buffoons without a doubt, but to inflame the buffoon is a pretty dumb move.

I just thought the whole thing was pretty funny. I hope those girls have learned their lesson. Instead they'll probably hire Gloria Albright and end up walking away with a multi million dollar payday.

Damn... arrested a couple of times! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I agree somehow they will get some lawyer and get some cash out of this.

While I agree everybody should be treated equally, somehow cause they are women, and one got punched, that cop is screwed. Does not help he is white and the females were black either IMHO.

Personally I think using force to control the situation is fine, but was the punch really needed at that point? I will have to watch it again.

Also. Damn Fitz is got me rolling lately. Seems like everyday he's pissing someone off here, and bickering back and forth with someone. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
BigG
post Jun 19 2010, 12:27 AM
Post #33

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

The cop shouldn't have punched the cousin. She didn't physically harm him she just pushed him off.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Jun 19 2010, 01:20 AM
Post #34

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 19 2010, 01:39 AM) *
Don't get me started on you, asshole (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Just kidding man. I haven't been that bad have I? In this thread, I don't think I was arguing with snoop, I thought we were being civil, and had some fun over this stupid shit, haha. But I have always bickered with people back and forth, I have tried being less of an asshole and not always argue, but I get bored and find myself boring as a poster (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Have I really been that bad lately? I thought I was only really bad with Marv? Maybe I have been a bit more bitchy these last few weeks.

LMFAO!!!

Dude... you are like one of the coolest, most knowledgeable, sensible posters on here. I was just busting your chops. It does crack me up though cause in all the years I really don't remember many posters really ever give you shit before. And now all the sudden it's like everyone is fucking with you and you are like going ape shit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Maybe you are a little "more bitchy" lately though? It is okay though, we all have our times. There are times I remember I took too much stuff way to personal, and let it get the best of me and just brought out the worst in me. Still happens sometimes to me though.

Also, you need not to explain yourself to me or anyone, everybody knows you are a good guy.

I really was just messing with you... asshole. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Jun 19 2010, 02:10 AM
Post #35

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 87

Ok so I'm hearing a pretty unanimous agreement here. But I guess my question is really, do you all think that punching was a response based on rational/procedural thinking or based on emotion? If it's the latter, did the cop (or cops in general) have right to act based off emotions?

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Jun 19 2010, 02:11 AM
Post #36

Heavyweight

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 19 2010, 05:23 AM) *
Also. Damn Fitz is got me rolling lately. Seems like everyday he's pissing someone off here, and bickering back and forth with someone. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Nah man, Fitz is my dude.

But he does like to stir shit up just for shits n giggles. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Jun 19 2010, 12:20 PM
Post #37

Heavyweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 19 2010, 08:22 AM) *
I think the cop has the right to do it based on emotion. Unless he doesn't cross the line for his professionally stand. He is maybe sitting on the fence ethically, which is why this thread has been started. But he did what just about any cop would do when physically confronted. He just has the luxury of being able to do react that way based on human nature and still keep in line. Most people will react emotionally to someone coming at them physically whether they are unemployed, a constructer, a salesman, a mechanic or whoever the hell it is. At the end of the day, a police is still a human. Of course when they put their uniform, they can't just switch off emotions just like that. Things that piss them off out of work, will probably piss them off during work as well. They just have the privileged of reacting the way they do, and still doing their job.

I see your point, like I see everyone else's point in the thread, definitely. But I guess because we give law enforcement so much authority in our lives, I would expect a better ability to control emotions. I think he was well within his right to put her in a half nelson and handcuff her ass (like he did with her friend), but the punch gave it more of a street fight feel, like he was almost just being part of the situation rather than controlling it. Plus, being alone with no backup, surrounded by on-the-edge community members slowly inching in on the situation, just escalates the whole thing IMO. He's lucky Seattlites are so damn passive-aggressive. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Jun 19 2010, 10:16 PM
Post #38

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

she resisted arrest and then the girl who pushed the cop deserved to be punched in the face. women in this country better check themselves... you don't push an officer trying to make an arrest... he should have hooked off on the unruly bitch again... I once saw a female smack a cop... he backhanded her ass with great technique... I loved it.

people kill me always defensing women when they are wrong. if she got would have gotten slammed she brought it on herself. no wrong no harm

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jun 20 2010, 03:26 AM
Post #39

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (BigG @ Jun 19 2010, 05:27 AM) *
The cop shouldn't have punched the cousin. She didn't physically harm him she just pushed him off.

She assaulted a cop. You gonna do that make it worthwhile because either way you gettin charged at best & charged, locked up & a beatdown at worst.

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post Jun 20 2010, 05:26 AM
Post #40

Welterweight

Member No.: 195

Was the Punch justified? Was it the best course of action? I say it was, just as a tazer shot, a kick to the ass or anything else to stop the situation would have been justified. The cop was alone and surrounded, and it was quickly getting out of control. The Snuffed the situation out as he should have. The girl didnt get punched in the face for jaywalking either, she got punched for laying her hands on a cop and interfering with an arrest

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 06:03 PM