Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hopkins vs Shumenov, What does Shumenov bring to the table
MAHDI
post Jan 21 2014, 11:40 AM
Post #1

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,939

? what will this look like... looks like this fight is forthcoming?

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Jan 21 2014, 11:40 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 21 2014, 08:19 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jan 21 2014, 11:40 AM) *
? what will this look like... looks like this fight is forthcoming?

I'm not even sure what to think of this fight...just like I do for most Hopkins fight. Lol

I believe Hops will neutralize Shumenov's weapons, and make it a boring fight. Just cant see this guy 1-upping Bernard, but Bernard's age and the wonder as to who can actually "stop" him, makes all of his fights interesting at this point.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jan 21 2014, 09:29 PM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 21 2014, 08:19 PM) *
I'm not even sure what to think of this fight...just like I do for most Hopkins fight. Lol

I believe Hops will neutralize Shumenov's weapons, and make it a boring fight. Just cant see this guy 1-upping Bernard, but Bernard's age and the wonder as to who can actually "stop" him, makes all of his fights interesting at this point.

This pretty much sums it up for me too. Shumenov's showed poise and power, but he never fought the skill set of B-Hop.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 21 2014, 09:39 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Shumenov is a young strong Lion and I think if he is mentally strong, he could hurt Hopkins. I do not think he has the ring IQ to hang with B Hop, however if he ends this fight between the first and 6 rounds, then he has a real shot at beating B Hop then again, he is fighting the ageless wonder

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 21 2014, 10:31 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Hopkins, as always will more then likely find a way to win. Shumenov showed some good things in his recent outing but I don't think he has the right amount of seasoning to handle Bernard

I just wish these boxers would stop hiding behind networks and lying. Nobody on HBO has an exclusive deal with them, if they(Kovalev/Stevenson) REALLY wanted to fight Bernard they could. I wish these 2 fights probably more then any would happen because imo Bernard is the best 175lber in the game and if he fought them he would win decisively

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 22 2014, 01:22 AM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

He's a good puncher. But I went to his fight against oozelkov where he nearly got stopped (dropped once). Hell of a fight, believe it was on FnF. He has decent ability but nothing that I think can trouble bhop unless he catches him

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 22 2014, 10:24 AM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 21 2014, 09:29 PM) *
This pretty much sums it up for me too. Shumenov's showed poise and power, but he never fought the skill set of B-Hop.

Not many have fought a style like Bernard's. Shumenov better keep it real basic and pressure him.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 21 2014, 10:31 PM) *
Hopkins, as always will more then likely find a way to win. Shumenov showed some good things in his recent outing but I don't think he has the right amount of seasoning to handle Bernard

I just wish these boxers would stop hiding behind networks and lying. Nobody on HBO has an exclusive deal with them, if they(Kovalev/Stevenson) REALLY wanted to fight Bernard they could. I wish these 2 fights probably more then any would happen because imo Bernard is the best 175lber in the game and if he fought them he would win decisively

Right! HBO is trying to wine & dine these guys and talk about how great they are, but Im not even sure of they have an exclusive deal with them. The fighters themselves have yet another excuse to not fight hard fights...first it was the promoters...now its the promoters and the networks.

Honestly, those guys (Stevenson, Kovalev, GGG) aren't as talented as they're being sold. Talented? Yes. HBO has the tendency to build these guys up to be the "next best thing", but in all actuality, they were nowhere near interested in them when they first fought on the network...until they KO'd guys and somewhat put HBO back in the game.

Before that, they weren't getting the recognition that they're getting now. As history as shown us, when HBO is done with you....they're done with you...they treat you like a $2 piece of ass when you're either, 1. ruining their plans (i.e. Rigo beating the hell outta Donaire), 2. not on board with their bullshit (the reason that Floyd left), or you're not willing to leave your organs in the ring for every fight.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jan 22 2014, 10:25 AM
Post #8

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 22 2014, 01:22 AM) *
He's a good puncher. But I went to his fight against oozelkov where he nearly got stopped (dropped once). Hell of a fight, believe it was on FnF. He has decent ability but nothing that I think can trouble bhop unless he catches him

Would have to be something wicked he can't see.. BHOP still has a legendary beard...

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jan 22 2014, 11:19 AM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 21 2014, 08:39 PM) *
Shumenov is a young strong Lion and I think if he is mentally strong, he could hurt Hopkins. I do not think he has the ring IQ to hang with B Hop, however if he ends this fight between the first and 6 rounds, then he has a real shot at beating B Hop then again, he is fighting the ageless wonder

This right here! +1

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Jan 22 2014, 02:19 PM
Post #10

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

The alien abducts Shumenov's soul.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 09:33 PM