IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DELAHOYA SAYS MAYWEATHER AFRAID OF ALVAREZ, afraid to fight him???
Musashi100
post Apr 8 2013, 08:43 AM
Post #21

Strawweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,711

Ain't nobody scared, just easy ploy to use just to get people wild up. These days you can't even fucking tell who scared of who because of these fucking promoters aren't letting their fighter fight the best in less it some in house shit.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 8 2013, 03:49 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 8 2013, 08:30 AM) *
I was about to rip that comment to shreds but CShel did an even better job lmao. Canelo doesn't do anything for Floyd besides provide him a credible opponent. Since when does Floyd need help selling PPVs? Canelo doesn't sell PPVs. Canelo is only a star because HBO tells you he is. We were constantly being fed the BS that he had this cult like following of hispanic fans, but then, come to find out they were exactly like Cshel said. Viewers. It's not much different than the music industry. There are some guys you couldn't pay me to listen to their album. There's some guys I'll listen to if someone provides me with the music. There are a few guys who I'll get in my car, go out and buy their CD.

excellent way to put it and i agree. but honestly...i knew about canelo waaaaay before hbo ever mentioned his name. he's been popular in socal...especially amongst the mexican fans, for quite some time.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 8 2013, 04:14 PM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

I hope someone just destroys him and stops this damn hype.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Apr 8 2013, 07:02 PM
Post #24

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 7 2013, 08:00 AM) *
he's always been bitter about anyone who beat him, Mosley, Mayweather etc.

He's more or less trying to live his revenge through Alvarez lol

This is true but he's also trying to promote the fight by stirring up controversy, DLH is not stupid---he knows that Floyd beats Canelo rather easily but as a Promoter it is his job to promote his fighters thus garnering the higher PPV numbers by fanning the flames of controversy to get the interest going.

It would be funny as crap if Canelo gets totally starched by Trout in light of this comment by DLH, how foolish would he look then??

This post has been edited by BrutUalBK: Apr 8 2013, 07:06 PM

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Apr 8 2013, 07:31 PM
Post #25

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 8 2013, 12:11 AM) *
Oh STFU!

That's so far from the truth. Don't you understand the difference between viewers and buyers? I'm so sick of explaining this to some of you fucktards. Viewers are mere spectators who just flip to HBO or Showtime when a fight comes on and waits for the main event. "Buyers" are the mofos who take a chance and pay their hard earned money to see a fighter.

We already know that when it comes to people's money, they act real funky and are nothing less than tightwads, and hope that somebody sides with them on why they wont spend their money on whatever. Screw them. People spend money on frivolous shit all the time, but when the fire is to their feet about buying a fight that could end in any fashion, then comes all of the excuses.

Why are people forgetting that Floyd cracked over 1M buys for his fight with Marquez? Was Marquez who he is TODAY, back in 2009? Nope, he was the guy who had 2 hard (and controversial) fights with Manny. Who else was on that card?

Some of yall kill me with this "Canelo helped Floyd's numbers" nonsense. Didn't Chavez and Canelo BOTH have something over a few million viewers for their fights in 2012? How many PPV buys did Chavez do in 2012? Somewhere around $400k...in the BIGGEST fight of his career. If that was the BIGGEST fight of his career, why not more buys? How many PPV buys did Canelo do in 2012? I'll hold my breath and wait...

Again, viewers and buyers are 2 different things.

You are just flat out wrong. If you think that Canelo didn't help Floyd's PPV numbers, you are out of your mind. Did Canelo MAKE Floyd's event? Hell no, but Canelo absolutely made it a bigger event and he absolutely brought PPV dollars to the table.

That isn't even the point. The fact is that Canelo is easily Floyd's biggest fight out there (Manny fight isn't possible anymore) and Canelo was willing to give Floyd the Trout fight on his undercard. That is a huge fight, but Floyd declined. Why? I can't think of a real good reason for him to decline that fight.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 8 2013, 07:34 PM
Post #26

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 8 2013, 07:31 PM) *
You are just flat out wrong. If you think that Canelo didn't help Floyd's PPV numbers, you are out of your mind. Did Canelo MAKE Floyd's event? Hell no, but Canelo absolutely made it a bigger event and he absolutely brought PPV dollars to the table.

That isn't even the point. The fact is that Canelo is easily Floyd's biggest fight out there (Manny fight isn't possible anymore) and Canelo was willing to give Floyd the Trout fight on his undercard. That is a huge fight, but Floyd declined. Why? I can't think of a real good reason for him to decline that fight.

the canelo curse is real. ask ortiz and cotto. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Apr 8 2013, 07:49 PM
Post #27

Lightweight

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Apr 8 2013, 08:57 AM) *
So your saying 1.5 mil that Cotto vs Mayweather did was tainted because Canelo was on the undercard? Ya right 1.5 mil paid to see Canelo vs Mosley. Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. Canelo has no right to try and dictate terms to Floyd. Fuck PPV Canelos barely had a hand full of headline events. Canelo overplayed his hand in my opinion. The worst thing for him was letting Mayweather do huge numbers without him. Now they dont even have that weak ass argument people like you are trying to spin. That deal that they had agreed to earlier just got more expensive.

There is a 0% chance that the number is 1.5 million if Canelo-Mosley isn't on the undercard. It is IMPOSSIBLE to predict how many numbers were added due to the Canelo fight. Canelo obviously has his fans that will pay. He also provides a good name to push that skeptical fan over the edge to buy the fight. Cotto-Mayweather did well b/c of the following that both fighters have. They do well over 1 million buys without Canelo...Canelo just added to that.

Mayweather will do big numbers without him, but let's see if they trump the Ortiz fight. Let's see if they trump the Cotto fight. Canelo really had no other option. I mean what is he going to do...become Floyd's b*tch and continue to fight next 3 or 4 big fights on Floyd's undercard just to appease him? Canelo did it for the last 2 Mayweather events and he was willing to give Floyd a huge fight for the 3rd one. It was put up or shut up and CLEARLY Mayweather wasn't interested in fighting him next.

Now we will be stuck with who...Floyd vs Danny Garcia? Floyd vs Devon Alexander? Oh wait...I got it...an Andre Berto win in July sets up a Money vs Berto fight in the winter. I can't wait..

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 8 2013, 08:02 PM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 8 2013, 07:49 PM) *
There is a 0% chance that the number is 1.5 million if Canelo-Mosley isn't on the undercard. It is IMPOSSIBLE to predict how many numbers were added due to the Canelo fight. Canelo obviously has his fans that will pay. He also provides a good name to push that skeptical fan over the edge to buy the fight. Cotto-Mayweather did well b/c of the following that both fighters have. They do well over 1 million buys without Canelo...Canelo just added to that.

Mayweather will do big numbers without him, but let's see if they trump the Ortiz fight. Let's see if they trump the Cotto fight. Canelo really had no other option. I mean what is he going to do...become Floyd's b*tch and continue to fight next 3 or 4 big fights on Floyd's undercard just to appease him? Canelo did it for the last 2 Mayweather events and he was willing to give Floyd a huge fight for the 3rd one. It was put up or shut up and CLEARLY Mayweather wasn't interested in fighting him next.

Now we will be stuck with who...Floyd vs Danny Garcia? Floyd vs Devon Alexander? Oh wait...I got it...an Andre Berto win in July sets up a Money vs Berto fight in the winter. I can't wait..

So you think Canelo is going to win? Cause your talking like if he already beat trout. If he loses, why would Floyd even fight him!?! That's the whole point of this, Canelo wanted a mayweather guarantee win or lose. That's an easy way to look passed your opponent and get a Fucking surprise. Don't let the media play you bro, your acting as if Canelo was trying to reward Floyd and he can stfu with that Floyd is the highest grossing non heavyweight ppv star ever, he (supposedly) the biggest sports contract ever, he holds the record for highest guarantee at 32 mill for a fight. Who in the Fucking world is red trying to play when he's made his fame off fighting welterweights and has beens brothers! Haha, gtfoh.

Btw at this point ALL of the guys you mentioned have fought better competition that Canelo and at this point, resume wise deserving the fight more than Canelo.

This post has been edited by checkleft: Apr 8 2013, 08:04 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 8 2013, 08:17 PM
Post #29

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

This is why I don't condone druggin, this coke head is out of his f*cking mind. He always throwing shade at floyd and that's no surprise. Find a 24/7 where he wasn't in the other fighters camps trying to give hints on how to beat Floyd. How you gon tutor somebody on beating a fighter who whooped yo ass (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

He does that with alot of the fighters who've beaten him, I haven't seen him do it to Hopkins but Floyd catches it the most. I genuinely think Oscar and Floyd don't like each other. Floyd always alludes to it in interviews, he always gives the credit to Schaefer and doesn't really acknowledge Oscar. Why they dislike each other I don't know but I think that's the case

Aint no legit fighter afraid of Canelo, who has he fought, I always here how he gets better every fight, look who he fought. It's hard not to get better when you fighting mini me's. If he legitimately beats Trout then he will get props from me but until then he just a babied champion. Oscar treating Canelo like his son, he wants to re-live his career and right his career wrongs through Canelo

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Apr 8 2013, 08:57 PM
Post #30

Lightweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 8 2013, 09:02 PM) *
So you think Canelo is going to win? Cause your talking like if he already beat trout. If he loses, why would Floyd even fight him!?! That's the whole point of this, Canelo wanted a mayweather guarantee win or lose. That's an easy way to look passed your opponent and get a Fucking surprise. Don't let the media play you bro, your acting as if Canelo was trying to reward Floyd and he can stfu with that Floyd is the highest grossing non heavyweight ppv star ever, he (supposedly) the biggest sports contract ever, he holds the record for highest guarantee at 32 mill for a fight. Who in the Fucking world is red trying to play when he's made his fame off fighting welterweights and has beens brothers! Haha, gtfoh.

Btw at this point ALL of the guys you mentioned have fought better competition that Canelo and at this point, resume wise deserving the fight more than Canelo.

I think it's a 50-50 fight. I would bet on Trout if I HAD to. That has nothing to do with what the original point was and that's why I didn't mention the fight itself.

The deal was supposed to be if Canelo and Floyd both win, they fight in September. That was what everyone has reported. If that is NOT accurate, please provide a link to a reasonable source and I will try to do more research on the matter myself. That was what I read on various boxing websites and the GP promoter himself. If Canelo loses, he does not deserve a shot at Mayweather.

"Red" isn't trying to play anyone. Again...it was a very reasonable request. What is the alternative? Should Canelo just continue to fight on Floyd PPV undercards just to make the man happy? Please, Canelo decided that enough was enough and that's exactly what he should have done. Floyd declined. Why? The ONLY reason is because he has no intention of fighting Canelo at any point in the near future...whether he wins or loses.

Floyd wants to fight a few easy fights for LARGE dollars against guys like Alexander, Berto, Garcia, etc and THEN go for the Canelo fight.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 05:32 AM