Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WHY NOT???, Mosely vs Bradley
BrutUalBK
post Jan 23 2013, 11:02 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

Here is a safety first fight for Shane, Tim isn't a big puncher and should Mosley even remotely comes close to beating him then he gains stock again as a viable fighter and can still stay active and seek fights with named fighters. Another safety first fight would be for Shane to fight Khan since he wants to campaign as a WW but I believe that since Tim doesn't really have a scheduled fight on the horizon and he needs a name on his resume other than Pac then he'd gain both in fighting Shane.

I do know that on one hand that Arum doesn't necessarily want to deal with GB but he may think that this is a winnable fight for Tim that gives him another big name on his resume thus making Tim feel like he (Bob) is still working for him to get him big fights.

Your thoughts??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 23 2013, 11:17 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

This wouldn't be a bad fight for Tim, but if he turned down Peterson, then he'd surely give Bob his butt to kiss if this fight was offered to him. Im not even sure who Shane's promoted by nowadays, I know that he sold out for the Pac fight, which burned his bridges with GBP (in a way).

Stylistically, this would be a decent scrap, but I think Timmy is in the "Manny rematch or buss" mind frame at the moment. How do you see Shane fairing in this one...against a bully?

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 24 2013, 02:17 AM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

This would be a nice scrap, but like Shels said, I wonder if Bradley would take the fight. If they did lace up I'd go with Bradley by UD. I think Shane would give a better account of himself at 147 but I still don't think he has enough left to pull out a win here

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Jan 24 2013, 02:56 AM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

Shane's name should not be mentioned in the same sentence with anyone with a belt. Period.

I just can't stand what he is crying about in the recent interview here on FH. "Paulie is affraid, I am old, I am his only chance"....Paulie is not affraid - Maidana is a much bigger threat, you ARE old, only chance? LOL and...you don't deserve shit. End of story.

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Jan 24 2013, 02:58 AM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 24 2013, 07:19 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Bradley would outbox Shane into retirement

+Quote Post
Plah
post Jan 24 2013, 01:37 PM
Post #6

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

Because NO, that's why. I don't want to see Mosley fight again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jan 24 2013, 02:47 PM
Post #7

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 23 2013, 10:17 PM) *
This wouldn't be a bad fight for Tim, but if he turned down Peterson, then he'd surely give Bob his butt to kiss if this fight was offered to him. Im not even sure who Shane's promoted by nowadays, I know that he sold out for the Pac fight, which burned his bridges with GBP (in a way).

Stylistically, this would be a decent scrap, but I think Timmy is in the "Manny rematch or buss" mind frame at the moment. How do you see Shane fairing in this one...against a bully?

Well for one though I think Brad fights in a bully sort of manner that he'd still have to be careful not to take a shot from Shane's power right, people forget that Mosley can still punch (ask Floyd) but I still think Tim would win a UD due to his underrated defense and movement.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jan 24 2013, 02:51 PM
Post #8

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jan 24 2013, 01:56 AM) *
Shane's name should not be mentioned in the same sentence with anyone with a belt. Period.

I just can't stand what he is crying about in the recent interview here on FH. "Paulie is affraid, I am old, I am his only chance"....Paulie is not affraid - Maidana is a much bigger threat, you ARE old, only chance? LOL and...you don't deserve shit. End of story.

Why not? Pac fought him 2 years after he beat Margo and after he lost obviously to Floyd and he (Mosley) did not have a belt, Canelo made somewhat more of a name for himself fighting Shane.

I do agree with Shane that Paulie is afraid to fight an old man, the reason for this is simple: Paulie has more to lose facing Shane, if he loses his stock drops immensely and he is out of the big fight picture for the moment. This fight between Shane and Paulie reminds me of the KP vs BHop fight, everything to lose and nothing to gain, Paulie knows he doesn't have the punching power to keep Shane off him all night and he also knows that Shane could still catch him and put him to sleep.

I disagree with you for those reasons mentioned above.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Jan 24 2013, 03:19 PM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jan 24 2013, 03:51 PM) *
Why not? Pac fought him 2 years after he beat Margo and after he lost obviously to Floyd and he (Mosley) did not have a belt, Canelo made somewhat more of a name for himself fighting Shane.

I do agree with Shane that Paulie is afraid to fight an old man, the reason for this is simple: Paulie has more to lose facing Shane, if he loses his stock drops immensely and he is out of the big fight picture for the moment. This fight between Shane and Paulie reminds me of the KP vs BHop fight, everything to lose and nothing to gain, Paulie knows he doesn't have the punching power to keep Shane off him all night and he also knows that Shane could still catch him and put him to sleep.

I disagree with you for those reasons mentioned above.

I have no problem with you dissagreeing with me, man. You made some valid points.

However I have to return this dissagreeing "favor" although I kind of agree with you. I am just stricktly against these kinds of fights where a guy retires, saying he doesn't have it anymore, then realizes hes broke and nobody cares about him post boxing-wise and to top it all of he then decides he still got it- knowing he aint got shit and begs for a TITLE match. No sir. Name should not get you what you want, results should imo. - I know that's utopia btw.

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Jan 24 2013, 03:24 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 24 2013, 08:35 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

not sure i wanna see shane take the beating he would get from bradley. he's one of the sports good guys. i'd much rather see him against malignaggi because i think it's fair to say he won't be hurt too bad. on a different note...malignaggi wants maidana. that's an interesting bout.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 06:59 PM