IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Things that annoy me-Boxing's Biggest Pet Peeves! (Resurrected), Any others?
Eighty88Eight
post Jul 27 2011, 12:16 PM
Post #11

I fucked with the wrong monkey...

Group: Guests
Member No.: 12,696

iHate:

Devon Alexander's face: http://www.pacquiaovsmargarito.net/wp-cont...alexander-2.jpg

Zab Judah calling himself "the best fighter pound for pound".

Mayweather's "take the tess" enunciation. It's tesT, stupid!

Larry Merchant's blatant desire to see all slick boxers lose violently, especially Mayweather. Though I do love the old guy.

Jim Gray's bitchiness. He always looks like he's about to cry.

Bert Sugar's stupid cigar, and his very general education on boxing.

Teddy Atlas' self-important pretentiousness. This guy needs to get smacked around a little bit.

Dan Rafael's claim of impartiality. Still a big fan of the big guy though!

That thing on Max Kellerman's mouth.

Emanuel Steward's 4:00am declarations: "i knew the fight would go that way since the fight was announced".

Devon Alexander's snorting, grunting, squawking, moaning, yelling, at every punch he throws. Relax, stupid. You don't hit that hard.

Ben Thompson's smug "impartiality". I love Ben Thompson but Ben Thompson loves Floyd Mayweather even more.

Bernard Hopkins, my favorite fighter, referring to himself in the third person. "Bernarr Hopkins". At least say your name right, you dope.

Leonard Ellerbe's cavernous olfactory grotto. Um... his nose. Great guy, btw. http://www.fighthype.com/images/content/leonardellerbe4.jpg

Pound for pound lists.

All-time pound for pound rankings.

Titles.

Shane Mosley's in-the-ring concern for the continued friendship of his opponent.

Manny Pacquiao's labyrinthine empire of which nobody knows anything about anyone at any time regarding any issue.

Sergio Martinez's overrated stature. Well I don't hate it, he is one of the best, but he's not THAT good, ok?

The gay lisp at the end of Roy Jones' S's.

Al Haymon's invisibility. He doesn't exist, therefore no negotiations ever took place.

Paul Williams's utterly courageous, life-threatening stupidity.

Roy Jones's utterly heartbreaking, life-threatening stupidity.

Roger Mayweather's unfairly underrated training ability. If you listen closely, his advice is quite sound, logical, and practical. Result-oriented.

The fact that Brandon Rios chills with the Cheat Team of Margarito, Vargas, Garcia, and that other clown. Buncha greasy scumbags.

The fact that THE fight has not yet happened.

Joan Guzman's face. And his undefeated record. http://thumbnails.truveo.com/0019/AF/2A/AF...60737_Large.jpg

All of you, especially!!!!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Jul 27 2011, 01:01 PM
Post #12

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 87

QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 27 2011, 05:16 PM) *
iHate:

Devon Alexander's face: http://www.pacquiaovsmargarito.net/wp-cont...alexander-2.jpg

Zab Judah calling himself "the best fighter pound for pound".

Mayweather's "take the tess" enunciation. It's tesT, stupid!

Larry Merchant's blatant desire to see all slick boxers lose violently, especially Mayweather. Though I do love the old guy.

Jim Gray's bitchiness. He always looks like he's about to cry.

Bert Sugar's stupid cigar, and his very general education on boxing.

Teddy Atlas' self-important pretentiousness. This guy needs to get smacked around a little bit.

Dan Rafael's claim of impartiality. Still a big fan of the big guy though!

That thing on Max Kellerman's mouth.

Emanuel Steward's 4:00am declarations: "i knew the fight would go that way since the fight was announced".

Devon Alexander's snorting, grunting, squawking, moaning, yelling, at every punch he throws. Relax, stupid. You don't hit that hard.

Ben Thompson's smug "impartiality". I love Ben Thompson but Ben Thompson loves Floyd Mayweather even more.

Bernard Hopkins, my favorite fighter, referring to himself in the third person. "Bernarr Hopkins". At least say your name right, you dope.

Leonard Ellerbe's cavernous olfactory grotto. Um... his nose. Great guy, btw. http://www.fighthype.com/images/content/leonardellerbe4.jpg

Pound for pound lists.

All-time pound for pound rankings.

Titles.

Shane Mosley's in-the-ring concern for the continued friendship of his opponent.

Manny Pacquiao's labyrinthine empire of which nobody knows anything about anyone at any time regarding any issue.

Sergio Martinez's overrated stature. Well I don't hate it, he is one of the best, but he's not THAT good, ok?

The gay lisp at the end of Roy Jones' S's.

Al Haymon's invisibility. He doesn't exist, therefore no negotiations ever took place.

Paul Williams's utterly courageous, life-threatening stupidity.

Roy Jones's utterly heartbreaking, life-threatening stupidity.

Roger Mayweather's unfairly underrated training ability. If you listen closely, his advice is quite sound, logical, and practical. Result-oriented.

The fact that Brandon Rios chills with the Cheat Team of Margarito, Vargas, Garcia, and that other clown. Buncha greasy scumbags.

The fact that THE fight has not yet happened.

Joan Guzman's face. And his undefeated record. http://thumbnails.truveo.com/0019/AF/2A/AF...60737_Large.jpg

All of you, especially!!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

AWESOME list. Where the hell did you come from?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
HaydelHammer
post Jul 27 2011, 01:04 PM
Post #13

Welterweight

Member No.: 128

First off I love this thread. LOL

annoyance list:

- people who don't know jack shit about boxing, only names they can recall are pacman and/or mayweather, yet they still scream boxing is dead. GTFO here with that shit.

- Jim Lampley house fighter tea bagging a$$

- Herald Letterman thinking his scorecard is the Gospel

- Any fighter who says "he hasn't seen nothing like me" before a fight then goes in and performs like giraffe shit.

- Fighters that fight on versus for shit like a NBSC world title belt and actually hold that shit up and put it on their shoulder like they are the baddest mofo on the planet ...lol

- golden gloves winners who look like they haven't fought a fight in their life and look so bad it basically killed having golden gloves on your resume now as an achievement in boxing.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 27 2011, 01:23 PM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

1. When Jim Lampley just happens to do those fuckin' upcoming HBO programs after a breath-taking round. Don't we all just really want to hear what's going on in the corner after a 'round of the year' just took place.

2. When Emmanuel Steward just makes up words while commentating, smh. (Listen to him closely next time)

3. When Emmanuel Steward happens to lose his cool and get excited...why does the world have to suffer? When Ortiz knocked Berto down with less than 10 seconds left in the 10th round...here comes Steward..."AAAWWW MY GODDDDD!" That shit was scary...had to turn the tv down after that. (quite funny though)

4. When Emmanuel Steward gets frustrated when fighters are losing and refuse to let their hands go. Steward always says, "At this point he has nothin' to lose. He should be puttin' it 'aawww' on the line". What is "aaaww"? All maybe?

5. When Floyd Sr. cant seem to formulate a sentence to save his life. (watch his post-fight interview after Mayweather/De La Hoya)

6. When Shane Mosley seems to forget that he's in a big fight and not a sparring session...chill out with the glove-touching and make sure I get my $50 worth.

7. When Cotto's family attends a fight that the world knows he has no chance of winning

8. When Zab Judah thinks that he can tag the ref into the fight when he's getting outgunned.

9. When Roy Jones does his best to pronounce a fighter's last name all night long...especially the hard ones (Zbik, Dzindziruk, Remillard). Just let it go man.

10. When Michael Buffer tried his hand at speaking French (I believe) at the Pascal vs Hopkins rematch.

11. Paul William's speech, smh. ("Know what Im sayin', if I woulda picked it up a little bit more, know what sayin', been more fresher in there tonight"...)

12. When Pacquiao is talking and looking in the air during a post-fight interview...makes me think he's reading a teleprompter. "Ahhh, this was a great fight toniiight and aahhh, we trained hard for the this fight." (Funny)

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Jul 27 2011, 03:50 PM
Post #15

Heavyweight

Gus Johnson acting like he followed boxing before he was hired by Showtime.

+Quote Post
GinJapan
post Jul 27 2011, 05:37 PM
Post #16

Amateur

Member No.: 10,455

You guy's lists are AWESOME!! I just have to chime in with mine.

1.) No named fighters demanding that more established fighters and champions "step up to the plate."

2.) Sam Watson and his kids.

3.) Guaranteed purses. Hell, an 80/20 split in favor of the winner would light a flame under some of these guys asses.

4.) Everyone calling themselves "advisors."

5.) Trainers getting credit for fighters who were champions and multi-time champions prior to getting with them.

6.) Fighters who after a knockdown stare at their corners with a "what the hell was THAT!!" look on their faces while the ref is counting.

7.) Fights where the ring walks and introductions last longer than the actual fights.

8.) Fighters with losing records having nicknames!!

9.) Announcers saying "He comes to the ring with an excellent record of 7 wins and ONLY 17 losses, (figher's name)."

10.) Celebrities at fights just to be seen.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 27 2011, 07:38 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (GinJapan @ Jul 27 2011, 06:37 PM) *
You guy's lists are AWESOME!! I just have to chime in with mine.

1.) No named fighters demanding that more established fighters and champions "step up to the plate."

2.) Sam Watson and his kids.

3.) Guaranteed purses. Hell, an 80/20 split in favor of the winner would light a flame under some of these guys asses.

4.) Everyone calling themselves "advisors."

5.) Trainers getting credit for fighters who were champions and multi-time champions prior to getting with them.

6.) Fighters who after a knockdown stare at their corners with a "what the hell was THAT!!" look on their faces while the ref is counting.

7.) Fights where the ring walks and introductions last longer than the actual fights.

8.) Fighters with losing records having nicknames!!

9.) Announcers saying "He comes to the ring with an excellent record of 7 wins and ONLY 17 losses, (figher's name)."

10.) Celebrities at fights just to be seen.

Lmao! The first three did it for me! I thought I was the only one tired of those dick-ridin', daffy duck lookin' twins clapping and yelling in their fighter's ear when they're being introduced by Buffer. Then their dad does the same shit, but it's still funny to me though. I was no good after I read #3...there would be some quick ass fights if the winner got an automatic %80 of the purse!!!

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jul 27 2011, 08:03 PM
Post #18

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

anyone other than the fighter and their corner getting in the ring

the wrestling entrances fighters have. fireworks and 3 different songs? get in the ring and fight.

networks and promoters trying to create stars

big fights not being half the show the Klits usually put on in Germany. American promoters need to step it up.

fighters saying boxing is a business to get out of tough fights and fighting more frequently

boxing becoming more and more like sports entertainment and less like a sport

Sam Watson's kids always standing behind a fighter and smiling. dude and his corner look like they're ready for war then you see one of Watson's kids trying to get camera time with a huge smile.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Jul 27 2011, 08:27 PM
Post #19

Heavyweight

Any fight that has a 15min Nelly concert preceding it.

+Quote Post
BoxingWizard23
post Jul 27 2011, 11:21 PM
Post #20

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,224

QUOTE (oozemcbuck @ Jul 27 2011, 12:01 PM) *
Hearing Lampley cum every time Pacquiao lands a punch. (BANG !!!, BANG !!!, BANG !!!)

Commentators rambling on about nothing instead of just shutting up during ring entrances. I like just hearing the song and feeling the fighters' vibe walking down to the ring. To me, it builds excitement watching them walk down ready, for war. But, every time, that moment gets ruined by someone saying something completely useless.

LMFAO!!!!! I laughed like shit when Pacman was throwing them weak ass sauce punches against The African Heavy Bag's guard. Lampley definitely made it a joke after that.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 01:01 PM