IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kovalev called out BHop, Why now when he knows he's in the midst of the war?
MAHDI
post Jul 15 2014, 08:56 PM
Post #21

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,939

I hear alot of KO talk relative to Hopkins... Kovalev landing something to KO him.. now anyone can be KOd but some people seem to forget that despite Hopkins being a master boxer-- he also has a tremendous chin. That along with his tight D makes KOING Nard very hard... Pascal snuck Hopkins with quick explosive shots early.. Kovalev does not have that explosive quickness... = no ko of Nard
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jul 15 2014, 10:00 PM
Post #22

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jul 15 2014, 08:56 PM) *
I hear alot of KO talk relative to Hopkins... Kovalev landing something to KO him.. now anyone can be KOd but some people seem to forget that despite Hopkins being a master boxer-- he also has a tremendous chin. That along with his tight D makes KOING Nard very hard... Pascal snuck Hopkins with quick explosive shots early.. Kovalev does not have that explosive quickness... = no ko of Nard

I agree with this, plus let's not forget that Sergey isn't crafty either so he won't offer anything in the form of feints or traps to make BHop overcommit or miss wildly so that he'd be able to be countered. I see Kovalev as a basic puncher who comes forward, he has very little head movement, sets no traps nor does he feint, he simply walks forward off his backfoot loading up with powershots, that kind of stuff won't work against Hopkins........................just ask Pavlik.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 07:26 AM