IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> should hbo just reel in jim lampley, or get rid of him altogether?
bMaK
post Jul 17 2012, 03:41 PM
Post #21

Strawweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,682

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 17 2012, 04:13 PM) *
are u one of the fans that has left boxing for mma? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

u would be the first that in know if that is true. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Shiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeet.

If all sports got banned and MMA was the only thing left I still wouldn't watch that shit. Shoutout to everyone who likes it, jut ain't my thing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Aug 30 2012, 01:00 AM
Post #22

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Good You Tube Video about Jim Lamply's bias at HBO and how the rest of the team may have tricked down to this level:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbeUnf_Io4A...;feature=fvwrel

Jack

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Sep 4 2012, 10:26 AM
Post #23

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 15 2012, 03:34 PM) *
the guy is extremely pathetic as a commentator. waaay too biased. it's almost sad. maybe someone should tell him to lay off the weed and he wouldn't be so homotional. he has to go.

either that or give us the option to watch without commentary and just the ring and crowd noise. that is even better than being at the fight imo.

Fire him and hire Joe Rogan or someone who will call a fight fairly.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 4 2012, 02:50 PM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Sep 4 2012, 11:26 AM) *
Fire him and hire Joe Rogan or someone who will call a fight fairly.

joe rogan don't know shit about boxing.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Sep 6 2012, 07:30 PM
Post #25

Lightweight

QUOTE (bMaK @ Jul 17 2012, 03:41 PM) *
Shiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeet.

If all sports got banned and MMA was the only thing left I still wouldn't watch that shit. Shoutout to everyone who likes it, jut ain't my thing.

BMak, what's up Potna? I didn't know you were here, welcome aboard.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Sep 6 2012, 07:31 PM
Post #26

Lightweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 4 2012, 02:50 PM) *
joe rogan don't know shit about boxing.

I know but then again neither does Lampley but at least Rogan would call it fair and square. LOL

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 6 2012, 07:49 PM
Post #27

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Rogan sucks, but Lampely sucks worse, especially for somebody who has been covering boxing for over 25 years. Covering boxing THAT long, should make a man have some sense of pride, but hell, as the sport of boxing went down, I would be dumb to think that the commentary standards wouldn't take a hit as well.

Resulting to nuthugging translates, "Alright, Im done with this shit, Im just here for a paycheck and the little glory that's left in the sport. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 6 2012, 08:05 PM
Post #28

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 6 2012, 08:49 PM) *
Rogan sucks, but Lampely sucks worse, especially for somebody who has been covering boxing for over 25 years. Covering boxing THAT long, should make a man have some sense of pride, but hell, as the sport of boxing went down, I would be dumb to think that the commentary standards wouldn't take a hit as well.

Resulting to nuthugging translates, "Alright, Im done with this shit, Im just here for a paycheck and the little glory that's left in the sport. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

did i miss something? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

when did the sport go down? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 6 2012, 08:11 PM
Post #29

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 6 2012, 09:05 PM) *
did i miss something? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

when did the sport go down? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Im guessing that it went down when we started seeing these lackluster B.A.D. cards, and boxing politics took a real nosedive when promoters started getting wild hairs up their asses. As a result, in-house fights were shoved down the throats of boxing fans, not to mention that fighters lost their minds and division integrity when huge money became a big deal...especially when they haven't proved themselves.

Maybe this Democratic Convention has me adding extra mustard to this very post (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I feel like I need to have a BIG, substantial, "vote for me" posted right now. Lol

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Sep 7 2012, 07:20 AM
Post #30

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 6 2012, 08:11 PM) *
Im guessing that it went down when we started seeing these lackluster B.A.D. cards, and boxing politics took a real nosedive when promoters started getting wild hairs up their asses. As a result, in-house fights were shoved down the throats of boxing fans, not to mention that fighters lost their minds and division integrity when huge money became a big deal...especially when they haven't proved themselves.

Maybe this Democratic Convention has me adding extra mustard to this very post (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I feel like I need to have a BIG, substantial, "vote for me" posted right now. Lol

LOL!!!

Lamps cheerleading's been there for the last ten years. But when the fights were good it blended in well because the fights were good. But now, it's like Lamps, if not the whole HBO crew would show up to watch and pom pom the HBO contracted fighter taking a shit! Yes, it's that biased. CShel's right, It's shoving the in-house fighter cards by Al Haymon, or Arum, or Oscar against C+ guys at best. The Ward-Gatti. Barrera-Morales, Pryor-Arguello classics of the past that defined this great sport and network personified what a great boxing network this used to be. I even remember back in the 80's or so when Arum showed Hagler fights, we didn't have cable back than and paid like about $5.00 for a hotel room and the desk clerk would be "how long do you want it?" And we'd be like, "I don't know, just till the fight's over and we'd get funny looks! hahahaha!" I remember seeing Hagler-Roldan that way.

The pom-poming is OK when the fights are great cuz it adds to the excitement. But when the fights aren't exciting, it becomes annoying. Like, we gotta see a tape delay of Klitchko against some nobody. WHY? Ward-Dawson is gonna be boring, but HBO's gotta go ga-ga-goo-goo over Ward. Lamply's epitaph is gonna read, "I never met an HBO contracted fighter I didn't love." I'm telling you, ever since Lou Dibella left the HBO boxing program, the sport has turned to house-fighter pom-poming instead of the mostly great fights that HBO had under the Dibella banner. Shit! Lou even wrote to me once and apologized for showing the Jones-Frazier farce. Not saying the fights are quite that bad. but without Dibella it's not the same. Great fights that Lou would have on HBO are now almost all PPV.

Jack

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 02:20 AM