IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather-Alexander? Not Guerrero? (Topics Merged), Update:IBF Will Not Sanction Mayweather-Alexander (Brook is Mandatory)
Dolimite
post Feb 7 2013, 07:23 PM
Post #131

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 7 2013, 11:16 AM) *
if floyd fights alexander and does not so amazing numbers think he will finally accept 50/50 for a pac fight. or something closer to those numbers, also bob arum dies between then and now.

That depends if Manny has waken from his nap.

I am not going to pay to watch Floyd and Devon fight. I love May but I will pass on this.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Col Reb
post Feb 8 2013, 12:38 AM
Post #132

Lightweight

Member No.: 2,564

I was looking forward to Floyd vs Guerrero. I have no interest in Alexander. These are the fights I would like to see the most for Floyd (though we probably won't get any of these):

1. Martinez (fall)
2. GGG
3. PAC
4. Canelo
5. Broner (next year)

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 8 2013, 09:07 AM
Post #133

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Col Reb @ Feb 8 2013, 12:38 AM) *
I was looking forward to Floyd vs Guerrero. I have no interest in Alexander. These are the fights I would like to see the most for Floyd (though we probably won't get any of these):

1. Martinez (fall)
2. GGG
3. PAC
4. Canelo
5. Broner (next year)

You want to see Floyd vs Golovkin? You want to see a Welterweight fight a middleweight who punches like a light heavyweight?

+Quote Post
Plah
post Feb 8 2013, 12:07 PM
Post #134

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 8 2013, 09:07 AM) *
You want to see Floyd vs Golovkin? You want to see a Welterweight fight a middleweight who punches like a light heavyweight?

I was thinking the same... from that list I'll like to see Canelo and Sergio, even though I know that one of em (Sergio vs Floyd) will be at a huge weight disadvantage.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 8 2013, 02:34 PM
Post #135

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Col Reb @ Feb 8 2013, 12:38 AM) *

1. Martinez (fall)
2. GGG
3. PAC
4. Canelo
5. Broner (next year)

Golovkin?.. broner?

Cmon now

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 8 2013, 06:38 PM
Post #136

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 7 2013, 02:16 PM) *
if floyd fights alexander and does not so amazing numbers think he will finally accept 50/50 for a pac fight. or something closer to those numbers, also bob arum dies between then and now.

Really? Why do you say that? I think Manny didn't have enough leverage to begin with. He damn sure doesn't after being knocked what is known as the FUCK out. I wouldn't give Manny more than 25-30% at this point.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 8 2013, 07:15 PM
Post #137

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 7 2013, 01:16 PM) *

LOL, I can't believe you posted this. Are you serious in stating this?? There will nor have there ever been a 50-50 consideration from Floyd to concede giving a fighter who only roughly makes about 8 to no more than 10 million per bout a 50-50 deal. Why would Floyd do that now, especially since Manny got KTFO??

Sorry Bro but you're not making any sense at all on this post, none whatsoever.

Manny would be lucky at this point having two loses in a row (one by devastating KO) to get a 70-30 deal.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 8 2013, 07:28 PM
Post #138

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 9 2013, 12:15 AM) *
LOL, I can't believe you posted this. Are you serious in stating this?? There will nor have there ever been a 50-50 consideration from Floyd to concede giving a fighter who only roughly makes about 8 to no more than 10 million per bout a 50-50 deal. Why would Floyd do that now, especially since Manny got KTFO??

Sorry Bro but you're not making any sense at all on this post, none whatsoever.

Manny would be lucky at this point having two loses in a row (one by devastating KO) to get a 70-30 deal.

yeah am stating this. mainly because sure Pac lost, yet where you like it or not he's a draw. The only card Mayweather realistically has is the fact once upon a time he did 2.4 million, the self proclaimed cash cow of the sport. Other than that if where going by the numbers of the two of them reported by Arum for Pac and GoldenBoy for Mayweather I think, nobody pulls ahead that far, both need at least a well known dance partner and please don't pull up the undefeated card. The 8-10 million blah blah blah has been explained fairly well that Pac likes his advances and Arum is only required to report what he's paying Pac on the night of the actual fight.

People can make all the jokes in the world about Pac being sleeping beauty, but if he fights again, the world will want to know where hes at as a fighter and how that loss has affected him. I have always thought they both need each other, if there was no Pac nobody would of given that much of a shit about Mayweather, he says he's glad Pac made money off his name, but they've both made money off each others name.

To everybody else, the loss realistically does nothing to Pac, he still has a country behind him, I mean people cried when he lost. It's a perk of being a nice guy, you can't really do much wrong win/lose/draw.

This post has been edited by mgrover: Feb 8 2013, 07:30 PM

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 8 2013, 07:44 PM
Post #139

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 8 2013, 06:28 PM) *
yeah am stating this. mainly because sure Pac lost, yet where you like it or not he's a draw. The only card Mayweather realistically has is the fact once upon a time he did 2.4 million, the self proclaimed cash cow of the sport. Other than that if where going by the numbers of the two of them reported by Arum for Pac and GoldenBoy for Mayweather I think, nobody pulls ahead that far, both need at least a well known dance partner and please don't pull up the undefeated card. The 8-10 million blah blah blah has been explained fairly well that Pac likes his advances and Arum is only required to report what he's paying Pac on the night of the actual fight.

People can make all the jokes in the world about Pac being sleeping beauty, but if he fights again, the world will want to know where hes at as a fighter and how that loss has affected him. I have always thought they both need each other, if there was no Pac nobody would of given that much of a shit about Mayweather, he says he's glad Pac made money off his name, but they've both made money off each others name.

To everybody else, the loss realistically does nothing to Pac, he still has a country behind him, I mean people cried when he lost. It's a perk of being a nice guy, you can't really do much wrong win/lose/draw.

Ok, let's go backwards on your post:
1st you stated (incorrectly i might add) that "realistically the loss does nothing to Pac!" The loss was catastrophic to not only Pac but to boxing by ending the so called heir of invincibility that Pac had on him from his fans and totally killed the idea that some actually believed he had a chance at beating Floyd (sorry I wasn't one of them).

2. You've somehow convinced yourself that nobody would've cared about Floyd if it wasn't for Pac, wrong again!! Floyd already had a name for himself without Pac and in reality Pac lived off of Floyd and not the other way around nor was it even, whenever Floyd chose an opponent Pac usually waited a year or two before he decided to face that same opponent or waited until that opponent had been thoroughly beaten by KO/TKO/UD or just got totally exposed then he fought them. Furthermore to add to your claim that nobody cared about Floyd because his name was aligned with Pac's then that is obviously disputed when you compare the numbers of their fights with Oscar.

3. People are making jokes and they will continue to make them about Pac because he was a fool for fighting JMM and passing on the 40 million that was offered to him, now it'll take him 5-7 fights to make that kind of money, he may have a country behind him but that doesn't mean that the USA is behind him. Nobody will go to the Phillipines to fight Manny, nobody.

4. If you believe that crap that Bob Arum states about Manny's PPV numbers then you have to be guzzling the Bob Arum Kool Aid because the fact of the matter is that he (Arum) always and routinely kept the PPV numbers from many of Pac's bouts and the reason for that should be obvious but I'm sure you'll spin this and say that GBP was doing the same thing as you so eloquently stated before.

5. I never claimed that Manny isn't a draw,sure he is but this is still a sport at the end of the day about the bigger draw and right now like it or not, it is Floyd Mayweather and he is in the driver's seat regarding a fight with Manny. There is no way in hell that Arum an argue a 50-50 or nothing even similar because he is in no condition to make an offer, if he was smart then he should be willing to accept a 60-40 at best and a 65-35 at the least.

We can go back and forth all day long about this but I'm going to have to agree to disagree with you because apparently you are not being totally realistic about this sport, its' numbers and the way a loss (in this case 2 loses in a row) will affect a fighter at the negotiating table.

This post has been edited by BrutUalBK: Feb 8 2013, 07:53 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 8 2013, 07:54 PM
Post #140

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 9 2013, 12:44 AM) *
Ok, let's go backwards on your post:
1st you stated (incorrectly i might add) that "realistically the loss does nothing to Pac!" The loss was catastrophic to not only Pac but to boxing by ending the so called heir of invincibility that Pac had on him from his fans and totally killed the idea that some actually believed he had a chance at beating Floyd (sorry I wasn't one of them).

2. You've somehow convinced yourself that nobody would've cared about Floyd if it wasn't for Pac, wrong again!! Floyd already had a name for himself without Pac and in reality Pac lived off of Floyd and not the other way around nor was it even done, whenever Floyd chose an opponent Pac usually waited a year or two before he decided to face that same opponent or waited until that opponent had been thoroughly beaten by KO/TKO/UD or just got totally exposed then he fought them. Furthermore to add to your claim that nobody cared about Floyd because his name was aligned with Pac's then that is obviously disputed when you compare the numbers of their fights with Oscar.

3. People are making jokes and they will continue to make them about Pac because he was a fool for fighting JMM and passing on the 40 million that was offered to him, now it'll take him 5-7 fights to make that kind of money, he may have a country behind him but that doesn't mean that the USA is behind him. Nobody will go to the Phillipines to fight Manny, nobody.

4. If you believe that crap that Bob Arum states about Manny's PPV numbers then you have to be guzzling the Bob Arum Kool Aid because the fact of the matter is that he (Arum) always and routinely kept the PPV numbers from many of Pac's bouts and the reason for that should be obvious but I'm sure you'll spin this and say that GBP was doing the same thing as you so eloquently stated before.

5. I never claimed that Manny isn't a draw,sure he is but this is still a sport at the end of the day about the bigger draw and right now like it or not, it is Floyd Mayweather and he is in the driver's seat regarding a fight with Manny. There is no way in hell that Arum an argue a 50-50 or nothing even similar because he is in no condition to make an offer, if he was smart then he should be willing to accept a 60-4 at best and a 65-35 at the least.

We can go back and forth all day long about this but I'm going to have to agree to disagree with you because apparently you are not being totally realistic about this sport, its' numbers and the way a loss (in this case 2 loses in a row) will affect a fighter at the negotiating table.

We probably won't see eye to eye on this so we'll see, I personally wouldn't of had a problem with 60-40. There's a reason I specifically stated that it was Arum who said it was because we all know how he talks shit, and it was HBO who released the Mayweather PPV numbers so there solid. But otherwise we have nothing to compare, at all. And if you really going with that card. Who beat Marquez first? Who beat Cotto first? Who beat Hatton more brutally? Who beat De La Hoya more brutally? You see the bullshit I can spit out, yet we know there's * to all those answers. and the number 3. people will go anywhere for a payday.

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 11:37 AM