post Jul 14 2011, 03:29 PM
Post #11

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (salvador @ Jul 14 2011, 04:24 PM) *
prime undefeated Tyson vs. prime undefeated Wlad

Wlad all day.

People who think Wlad would be scared should just look at Tyson's behavior before the Lewis fight - Tyson was terrified because he knew he couldn't get past that long heavy jab and because he'd never been in with anyone who could punch like Lewis.

Smell yea. Seems to me that any opponent who utilized the jab effectively posed a problem for mike.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BoxingWizard23
post Jul 14 2011, 03:40 PM
Post #12

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,224

QUOTE (salvador @ Jul 14 2011, 04:08 PM) *
Did you see Tyson-Lewis?

Same fight, but maybe Tyson wins 10-20% of the time on one punch.

I love Tyson, but he was too small.

Tyson-Ali would have been great.

Your kidding me right?? Mike was way downhill by the time he fought Lewis. You need to ask the British champ why he never faced Mike when he was at his absolute best. When he had Rooney, Atlas, Cus D'amato and before he went to prison was when Mike was at his prime. None of the other big time fighters wanted a piece of him they ducked him. A Prime Iron Mike would KO Lewis.

+Quote Post
BoxingWizard23
post Jul 14 2011, 03:46 PM
Post #13

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,224

Wlad all day.

People who think Wlad would be scared should just look at Tyson's behavior before the Lewis fight - Tyson was terrified because he knew he couldn't get past that long heavy jab and because he'd never been in with anyone who could punch like Lewis.

You must not watch boxing at all. Prime undefeated Wlad was more of an action fighter who didn't use a jab and fought like a brawler during that time. Why do you think he's not undefeated anymore. Tyson would steamroll Wlad who would come to fight power for power instead of a jab and he's slower than Tyson also and can't fight in the inside as good as Tyson.

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Jul 14 2011, 03:51 PM
Post #14

I fucked with the wrong monkey...

Group: Guests
Member No.: 12,696

The better fantasy match up would be Wlad vs a prime, in-shape Riddick Bowe. Wlad wouldn't have been able to withstand those early rounds against a prime, focused Tyson. He would have been undone by the unrelenting pace and devastating body punches. Wlad probably would have unraveled in those early rounds. Whatever anybody says, he's still very vulnerable mentally.

The thing about these fantasy match ups is that everybody always faces everyone at eachother's best: in-shape, focused, young, fresh, fast, healthy, fit, and with all their outside issues in order. In real life, that isn't always(perhaps not often) the case.

This post has been edited by Eighty88Eight: Jul 14 2011, 03:55 PM

+Quote Post
salvador
post Jul 14 2011, 03:57 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,307

QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jul 14 2011, 03:40 PM) *
Your kidding me right?? Mike was way downhill by the time he fought Lewis. You need to ask the British champ why he never faced Mike when he was at his absolute best. When he had Rooney, Atlas, Cus D'amato and before he went to prison was when Mike was at his prime. None of the other big time fighters wanted a piece of him they ducked him. A Prime Iron Mike would KO Lewis.

You're confused about who ducked who.

Tyson had no reason to fight any of the top hws like Holyfield or Bowe or Lewis because Tyson could make so much money fighting B level guys and King knew it. King especially knew that it was better to sell the American Pit Bull destroying guys rather than having competitive fights. Everyone believed Tyson would win so why bother taking such a huge risk that would cripple Tyson's/King's money making abilities?

Lewis, on the other hand, labored in relative obscurity and tried to get Tyson in the ring for years. Holyfield and Foreman also wanted some Tyson money.

Just do the math.

And watch Lewis Tyson and tell me what would have been different if they were in their primes? And Lewis is older than Tyson.

This post has been edited by salvador: Jul 14 2011, 04:23 PM

+Quote Post
salvador
post Jul 14 2011, 03:59 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,307

QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jul 14 2011, 03:46 PM) *
You must not watch boxing at all. Prime undefeated Wlad was more of an action fighter who didn't use a jab and fought like a brawler during that time. Why do you think he's not undefeated anymore. Tyson would steamroll Wlad who would come to fight power for power instead of a jab and he's slower than Tyson also and can't fight in the inside as good as Tyson.

Wlad always used his jab and he was NEVER A BRAWLER.

Which fights are you referring to where Wlad was a brawler?

While we're at it, how many great hws in their primes did Tyson ever face, much less beat? And how many of those great hws outweighed Tyson by 30 pounds and towered over him by 8 inches?

I've got a lot of Tyson and Wlad fights on tape and I'd love some reference points.

This post has been edited by salvador: Jul 14 2011, 04:21 PM

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Jul 14 2011, 04:01 PM
Post #17

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (salvador @ Jul 14 2011, 04:57 PM) *
I think you're confused about who ducked who.

Tyson had no reason to fight any of the top hws like Holyfield or Bowe or Lewis because Tyson could make so much money fighting B level guys and King knew it. King especially knew that it was better to sell the American Pit Bull destroying guys rather than having competitive fights. Everyone believed Tyson would win so why bother taking the risk?

Lewis, on the other hand, labored in relative obscurity and tried to get Tyson in the ring for years. Holyfield and Foreman also wanted Tyson.

Just do the math.

And watch Lewis Tyson and tell me what would have been different if they were in their primes? And Lewis is older than Tyson.

thats how I knew the story, too. You can talk "primes" all you want. The fact is, when Tyson did fight the tops of his class...he got walloped. Though, if he woulda fought Foreman I don't think Big George woulda made it through the 5th rd.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jul 14 2011, 04:17 PM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

why do people make boring match ups, a tall fighter and short fighter. it should of joe frazier vs tyson. that would be more interesting to watch

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jul 14 2011, 04:44 PM
Post #19

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (wolterb @ Jul 14 2011, 04:14 PM) *
What era in Ali's career would you have liked to see him face Mike? Do you think there'd be any parallels between the Frazier bouts and the fantasy tyson-ali fight?

I'd like to see Tyson try and chase down the 60s Ali...

Tyson wouldn't stand a chance against Ali before he got banned. even after the ban it would be hard for Tyson, Ali stayed in the ring with some of the biggest hitters of all times.

Wlad all day.

when was Wlad undefeated in his prime? Wlad was shitty before his first loss up to the point Steward made a difference with him. either way Tyson kills him, Wlad just doesn't have the confidence to deal with him. and we're talking about a prime Tyson of the 1980s, not the freak show Don King peddled.

Tyson would stop this one early. personally i'm someone that doesn't buy into all the Tyson hype and doesn't think this guy did anything to make everyone except Ali irrelevant. but to think Wlad wins this easy is just blasphemy. the one thing that will stop Wlad is someone taking the fight to him and getting off punches, Tyson did that shit in his sleep in the 1980s.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jul 14 2011, 04:53 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

After watching Wlad against haye I'm pretty sure that a prime Tyson takes him easily. At times Wlad looked very leery of David Haye. People have to stop using the Lewis fight as an indicator of a big man against Tyson. Mike was at least a decade removed from his prime and had zero interest in being in the ring. He just turned up for a cheque.

I think he beats Vitali too, but on points only.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 06:29 AM