IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TROUT vs MAYWEATHER, WHO WINS AND HOW??
Cshel86
post Dec 2 2012, 04:28 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Floyd is beatable (as all fighters are), but dude's ring IQ puts fighters in awkward situations.

There are some guys that I gave a chance to beat Floyd, but they mess up in the beginning. They're aggressive, but mess up when they think that he's hittable early (which he makes obvious), then he starts that feinting shit.

The feints ALWAYS mess up his opponents, and that's basic boxing shit. Before we know it, we see guys feinting with him (bad move) and winging their shots, just trying to land something...that's when Floyd starts picking up the pace.

I saw Trout give Cotto a lot of feints last night, so we'll see of he can win the feint contest with Floyd. Trout also got caught with some straight rights last night, let's see how that goes. Dude is big as HELL too...and I made a point that Trout was Margarito's size, but with better speed...which lead to Cotto's demise. Gladly Trout doesn't throw many combinations, or else Miguel would've gotten stopped last night.

I think Floyd will stay away from this fight, for the above stated reasons.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Dec 2 2012, 05:51 PM
Post #12

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (p4pcrown @ Dec 2 2012, 02:48 PM) *
Trout is too big..plain and simple

I don't think it's that simple, Floyd has faced bigger nearly most of his entire career, Chico and Oscar were both far taller, bigger and heavier on FN when he faced them but still neither man's size won them the fight.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Dec 2 2012, 05:55 PM
Post #13

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 2 2012, 04:06 PM) *
Please show me the unofficial weights for the Cotto fight as well as the Oscar fight, because as far as I know, there were NO unofficial weights for either of those fights.

You're the first to mention De La Hoya's name.

According to Floyd he weighed 147 fight night.
http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-left...otto-147--52590

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Dec 2 2012, 06:08 PM
Post #14

Super Flyweight

What do you guys make of Ring Magzine updating Cotto and Trout's WLD records yet still having Trout ranked number 9 and Cotto number 2 above Canelo?
GBP slowly morphs into TR. I still want to see Cotto vs Canelo(Favor Cotto) but Trout deserves his fairshake. He earned that #2 spot.
What do you guys think of Cotto vs Canelo or Trout vs Canelo?
If Trout doesn't fight Canelo the best in division left for him to face besides Floyd of course is Lara. What do you guys make of Trout vs Lara?
I just asked mad questions lol

This post has been edited by Marcus: Dec 2 2012, 06:09 PM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Dec 2 2012, 06:08 PM
Post #15

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

It's gotta stop somewhere lol. What's next?Andre Ward vs Floyd Mayweather? This fight should never happen for any reason. Cotto looked way smaller than Trout last night and he looked bigger than Floyd. I think thats where it should end lol.

+Quote Post
thefloatingmonke...
post Dec 2 2012, 06:11 PM
Post #16

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 4,046

I think Floyd takes this. Trout still looks rough around the edges and makes a lot of mistakes in the ring. He definitly has the size advantage, although he fighting small quite a bit last night.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Dec 2 2012, 06:13 PM
Post #17

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (thefloatingmonkey @ Dec 2 2012, 06:11 PM) *
I think Floyd takes this. Trout still looks rough around the edges and makes a lot of mistakes in the ring. He definitly has the size advantage, although he fighting small quite a bit last night.

True but you have to remember Trout wasn't facing any joe shmoe! LOL this is Miguel Cotto at the Garden with Pedro Diaz in his corner!!! Give Cotto credit for making it an uncomfortable night!

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Dec 2 2012, 06:40 PM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

It would be like Forest/Mosley 2

+Quote Post
p4pcrown
post Dec 2 2012, 08:31 PM
Post #19

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,358

It seems like people just want to find someone to beat Mayweather by throwing him in the ring with anyone. I guess the Klitschko's are next. Lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 2 2012, 09:05 PM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Marcus @ Dec 2 2012, 05:55 PM) *
You're the first to mention De La Hoya's name.

According to Floyd he weighed 147 fight night.
http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-left...otto-147--52590

I'm the first to mention De La Hoya, because Floyd said the same mess in that fight, about coming in at WW. Even in that fight, there were no unofficial fight night weights, so where does that leave us?

I almost wanted to stop reading your post when I read, "According to Floyd...", but I was curious as to what the article had to say. Floyd has lied to the public before...as every fighter, manager, promoter, etc. has.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 07:49 AM