Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Toughest Training Methods/Routines U Know Of
Gambit808
post Dec 21 2012, 06:07 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

I like to train. It's been in my blood since I was a kid playing pop warner football (American) and I been at it ever since. I wake up everyday wanting to get the best out of myself Physically, Mentally and even Spiritually. Staying on the Physcial note though, I find the toughest routine to get up for when I hit the gym is core exercises. The shit kills me man, everytime! They have this new workout at this gym I go to, where u set your feet up to the point where you're dangling upside down and u have to pull yourself up. I figured new routine, I'll try it, why not. Did as many as I could until I burnt out... Bad idea! On my last count I couldn't lift back up and was left swaying back and forward like a fucking punching bag (Imagine that) until i could garner enough strength to pull up lol.

That experience led to the idea to ask people here who workout (or not), share what the toughest routine you've done or herd of doing while training?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 21 2012, 09:12 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

We have this very very steep hill in a park, and just running up and down that is slaughter since by your third set your destroyed and most likely throwing up

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Dec 22 2012, 04:09 AM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

Not the toughest, but I have never been into medicine ball twists. We used to do it with the 44lb plates... sitting, leaning backwards, legs up and twisting like a motherfucker until failure. Destroyed me every time... not to mention we were doing this exercie at the very end of training..after punishing sparring sessions it was a real torture.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 22 2012, 02:31 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Plyometric jumps (box jumps) is the coolest training method...of course until the moment you miss the box and bust your ass. It's my favorite, but I've busted myself up in the past. Lol

Other than that, Crazy 8's are the worst. It's a benchpress exercise that involves 3 people...two guys on each end of the bar while you lift. The trick is, for starters, we'll have four 5 lb plates on each end of the bar (with no clamp)....so that's a total of 85 lbs (bar included).

You have to do 8 presses per set. When you done 8, you hold the bar in the start position, until both guys remove a 5 lb weight, then you do 8 more, until you get down to the bar...you NEVER put the bar up for a rest. When you're done doing those 8 reps with the bar, both guys on the side, put a 5 lb plate BACK on the bar, until you get back up the 4 plates that were initially on the bar.

Can you say, burnout? That shit hurts, and it messes with your mental, because it's only 85 lbs total. If you think about it, you end up doing about 80 reps of you get through the whole exercise.

One more that I can think of, it's "climbing the ladder". You and another workout partner stand across from each other (face to face) and bicep curl with two separate bars (50 lbs).

You start by doing one curl (never putting the bar down), then your partner does two (never putting the bar down), then you'll do 3 reps (never putting the bar down)...all the way up to 10 reps...THEN you come ALL THE WAY back down to one. You'll end up doing about 50 reps a piece (my math may be a bit off).

Unfortunately, we have a curl bar and a straight bar here, rather than two curl bars....so whoever gets stuck with the straight bar, is usually fucked. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Dec 22 2012, 03:37 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

Keg stand.

Six footer - fades the best of 'em.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Dec 22 2012, 04:11 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 24 2012, 08:16 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 22 2012, 03:37 PM) *
Keg stand.

Six footer - fades the best of 'em.

(IMG:http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/thezbian/keg_stand.jpg)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Dec 25 2012, 04:21 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

Yup. That's it right there. The All-American keg stand.

To be honest I might have done a keg stand maybe once, but I did see lot of them go down.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Dec 25 2012, 04:21 PM

+Quote Post
flazi
post Dec 26 2012, 03:41 PM
Post #8

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

my toughest training day is a 10 multi set from hell. it goes like this:
1. 10 reps of deadlifts at 365lbs followed by 1/4 mile run followed by 10 pullups followed by situps to failure. no rest between exercises
2. 9 reps of deadlift at 365 1/4 mile run (under 2 mins) 9 pullups and situps
this goes on till you down to 1 rep of deadlifts and 1 rep of pullups. trust me even getting the 1 at this point is hard as hell. this is my every saturday workout, sometimes i skip it lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 27 2012, 01:03 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (flazi @ Dec 26 2012, 03:41 PM) *
my toughest training day is a 10 multi set from hell. it goes like this:
1. 10 reps of deadlifts at 365lbs followed by 1/4 mile run followed by 10 pullups followed by situps to failure. no rest between exercises
2. 9 reps of deadlift at 365 1/4 mile run (under 2 mins) 9 pullups and situps
this goes on till you down to 1 rep of deadlifts and 1 rep of pullups. trust me even getting the 1 at this point is hard as hell. this is my every saturday workout, sometimes i skip it lol

WTF?! This is inhumane....to the average person.

I think I remember you saying that you competed in body building, I believe? Yay? Nay? If so, then I totally get why your workouts are so otherworldly. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
flazi
post Dec 27 2012, 04:15 PM
Post #10

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

lmao. i competed in powerlifting. trust me its insane and crazy but you feel so good immediately after, like you conquered everestt or something. unfortunately you don't feel good a day after lol

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 01:07 PM