IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV: Chavez vs. Martinez@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT) SPOILERS (Topics Merged), (Rematch?)
Cshel86
post Sep 16 2012, 02:37 PM
Post #121

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Oh yeah, one more thing...

Guys should give Julio credit for being a warrior and sustaining that type of punishment, and digging deep for that come-from-behind win that he almost claimed. If Julio's STILL a bum and a thorn in the ass to the sport of boxing, then guys shouldn't be adjusting their P4P lists and bumping Sergio up.

You cant have it both ways, if Sergio is one of the best P4P fighters after last night's victory, then Julio cant be considered a bum by any stretch of the imagination. As subjective as P4P lists are (or can be), there has to be SOME type of legitimacy somewhere in there (the fighter's opponents being formidable).

Honestly, I still cant say that Martinez is at the top of my P4P list (not that I care much about the list), but he may be in guys' book. It's like Donaire being in somebody's top 5 (of 10) list, who has he fought as of late (aside from Vasquez Jr)? Again, P4P lists are subjective in a full of gray areas backed by a "fan's" interpretation of the fighter and his accomplishments.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Sep 16 2012, 03:02 PM
Post #122

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

mine goes something like

ward first
martinez second
i dont even know whos third anymore probably the klits for there sheer domination vitali 3rd and good ole wlad fourth i guess pac makes 5th or so, i still don't know with him since even though i felt like he beat bradley, he just didn't do it in that p4p way
fill in the rest of the gaps yourself

mayweathers been removed cause i think he's called it a day

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 16 2012, 03:12 PM
Post #123

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

Martinez did all that with a torn ligament in the knee and a broken left hand.....

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Sep 16 2012, 03:33 PM
Post #124

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 16 2012, 09:12 PM) *
Martinez did all that with a torn ligament in the knee and a broken left hand.....

just made this entire situation awkward lol

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 16 2012, 04:25 PM
Post #125

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

We all know chavez is a bully at 160 and most admitted this wouldn't be easy for Martinez. But it was clear he could outbox him and he did pretty easily until the 12th. His pride was almost his downfall if he didn't try to Exchange and kept boxing he could have easily pitched a shut out. But I mean it was his first ppv fight, he probably knew that if he didn't Exchange he wouldn't get another. I don't think a rematch should go down, especially not at Dallas stadium. It was sheer domination until the 12th.

Btw I was extremely surprised they scored the fight so well!

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 16 2012, 04:34 PM
Post #126

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 16 2012, 03:33 PM) *
just made this entire situation awkward lol

hahahaha

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 16 2012, 04:37 PM
Post #127

Light Heavyweight

Judging from the post fight reactions from both camps, it looks like they favor a rematch in the house that Jerry Jones built. I don't like that for Martinez, I would expect the same thing that happened with JMM-Pacquio to him if he went ahead and fought in Texas
Plus their commission is so lax and they always seem to ride with the popular fighter (i.e. JCC jr)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 16 2012, 04:46 PM
Post #128

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 16 2012, 05:37 PM) *
Judging from the post fight reactions from both camps, it looks like they favor a rematch in the house that Jerry Jones built. I don't like that for Martinez, I would expect the same thing that happened with JMM-Pacquio to him if he went ahead and fought in Texas
Plus their commission is so lax and they always seem to ride with the popular fighter (i.e. JCC jr)

Definitely.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Sep 16 2012, 04:54 PM
Post #129

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 16 2012, 03:02 PM) *
mine goes something like

ward first
martinez second
i dont even know whos third anymore probably the klits for there sheer domination vitali 3rd and good ole wlad fourth i guess pac makes 5th or so, i still don't know with him since even though i felt like he beat bradley, he just didn't do it in that p4p way
fill in the rest of the gaps yourself

mayweathers been removed cause i think he's called it a day

Martinez second p4p? Lol!

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Sep 16 2012, 05:05 PM
Post #130

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 16 2012, 02:37 PM) *
Oh yeah, one more thing...

Guys should give Julio credit for being a warrior and sustaining that type of punishment, and digging deep for that come-from-behind win that he almost claimed. If Julio's STILL a bum and a thorn in the ass to the sport of boxing, then guys shouldn't be adjusting their P4P lists and bumping Sergio up.

You cant have it both ways, if Sergio is one of the best P4P fighters after last night's victory, then Julio cant be considered a bum by any stretch of the imagination. As subjective as P4P lists are (or can be), there has to be SOME type of legitimacy somewhere in there (the fighter's opponents being formidable).

Honestly, I still cant say that Martinez is at the top of my P4P list (not that I care much about the list), but he may be in guys' book. It's like Donaire being in somebody's top 5 (of 10) list, who has he fought as of late (aside from Vasquez Jr)? Again, P4P lists are subjective in a full of gray areas backed by a "fan's" interpretation of the fighter and his accomplishments.

or give martinez any credit for beating chavez.

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 09:47 AM