> Ok sooo...Danny Garcia
BigFightFan
post Oct 21 2012, 05:31 PM
Post #21

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 21 2012, 05:46 PM) *
I have to disagree with you here pro. Just like with donaire, in an age where belts mean next to nothing fuck unifying and fight somebody. I like Danny but zab isn't his mandatory Lucas is. Zab needs to fight lamont and the winners should face off, this was a relatively easy fight for Danny after taking on some stiff competition. And I mean holt is a poor man's Judah and I believe Danny handled him pretty well

Twitter is going crazy asking for Judah vs Garcia, but I don't Judah can handle the pressure, power, and body shots vs Garcia. I wouldn't mind seeing Garcia vs Peterson though. Peterson has resolve and determination unlike Judah.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 21 2012, 06:01 PM
Post #22

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Great thread Mit!

One thing that turns my stomach, is reading Broner and GR Jr.'s name in this thread. C'mon guys, let's be REAL hardcore fans about the situation. Let's look just a bit harder in the divisions, and look for other names that these guys can fight.

They can't fight top name after top name, they would peak out waaaay too quick. Me reading all of these "names" being mentioned as potential fights (aka fantasy fights), makes me wonder who's really a hardcore fan. I mean seriously, who else are these guys supposed to fight after they take on all of these names?

Last time I checked, guys who took on top name after top name, they were actually being sacrificed, not built up as the next big thing. Most of these guys are still growing with each other, guys like; Garcia, Peterson, Matthysse, Khan, Alexander, Broner, Russell Jr., just to name a few, these fantasy fights (aka crossroads fights) will happen one day, but some of these wished-upon fights, will not happen this soon.

I'm with Professor on this one, let Garcia unify the division. Please. Again, you have to question whose truly a hardcore fan, by all of these "make it happen" requests. Please! Some of these fight fans call themselves fans of the top fighters (Floyd and Manny), but fail to compute the fact that these guys were running through divisions and eaking it out with some of the best out there.

Floyd ran through the 130 lb division, and was king of the lightweight division. Did he have to fight casamayor, tyszu (sp), and some of those other guys? People may have wanted to see it, but here's the question...where are those guys now? The guys that they were "supposed" to fight? Most of those fights fell apart because of money. Pacquiao had a trilogy with Morales, two fight with JMM, and 2 Barrera fights, before he broke into stardom. He also fought some not-as-tough guys during that time as well.

Point is, let these fighters build themselves up and clean out these divisions.

Broner: Jesus Christ, some guys already have Broner at fuckin' welterweight beating guys, and he hasn't even proved anything in his debut division (130), and hasn't even walked to the ring for his lightweight debut. We cant be THAT silly, can we?

GRJr: GR Jr. hasn't done shit, so I don't even know why his name is being brought up. Sadly for him, he's in a Donaire-type situation where there isn't many big fights in his division. This dude needs to be built up from FNF and ShoBox only, leave HBO and big time Showtime cards alone. Haymon is doing a shitty job with him, and we hardly even get to see him fight.

Gamboa: Dude hasn't done anything either, and his clock is ticking.

Matthysse: He's a solid fighter, but dude has JUST started getting an ounce of the attention that he deserves. He headlined a card (Alexander/Bailey) by default, so I wouldn't give him this much credit or go off saying that he "deserves this and deserves that". He's a good fighter, in a bad position.

Honestly, how would it look if Matthysse beats Garcia, and is the unified champ? What would they do with his image? How would that look? They're having a hard enough time with Danny's image as it is. Matthysse will be one of those guys who fights hard, and rarely gets the recognition/opportunity that he seeks. We've seen it before fight fans.

Judah: Hell no. He has a puncher's chance at beating Danny, and no way in fuck I ever want to see this dude as champ again. Imagine him beating Garcia, being the unified champ, JUST to lose that shit in his next fight. I can see some fuckery now, Judah wins the titles, and they weasel Khan back in the picture to beat him again. Khan wins the titles, vacates, and chases Floyd again. Judah...hell no.

Peterson: Yes. We get to see how Danny does against a good boxer, and his lack of power wont be much of a threat to Danny. I see this one being a show for the people. Now THIS fight can be made at the Barclay's Center, and have fans from Philly, NY, and D.C. can you say, ticket seller?

Khan: I'm not concerned with him, really I'm not. I still like him, but no. He's had the big stage more than a few times, and we see what he's made of. He can still go back to his country and make the same (if not more) money there.

He's been outgunned, and all he can so come up with is excuses. One thing I did appreciate about him, was the fact that it appeared as if he was going to clean out the division, til he started sucking Mayweather's dick and riding his tail. We've seen the best fall because of this. Real champs take responsibility for their shortcomings, Khan doesn't, which proves that he'll always come up short.

I like Garcia, and no he doesn't have to be flashy. Some of you guys miss out on quality boxing because the matchup or the fighter, isn't or doesn't appear to be flashy. That's that Floyd and Manny syndrome, some of yall gotta get that out of your systems. Lol

Some of the best fighters over the years, haven't been all that flashy, but as Danny Garcia does, he knows how to win. I mean seriously, doesn't he look good with all of those belts? C'mon man! How many guys have we seen unify a fuckin' division? Hardly any.

I don't want to hear anything about Danny not doing or having enough, to step in the ring with Floyd. I'm not rushing that fight, and I could care less if it happened, guys need to peep these trends. Bradley hadn't fully proved himself (image wise), but he was the unified champ at 140. Guess who he got a chance to fight? Do I really need to say it?

We need to appreciate and make the most of what's being put out there...well at least TRUE boxing fans have learned to do that over the years.

Somebody said that Garcia wasn't P4P material, but yet, mofos have Gary Russell Jr. at the top of their lists, and he hasn't even fought my grandma yet. Weird aint it? LOL. Seriously man? Hell, people have Broner on their P4P lists, and he looked like shit against Ponce, fought an unknown Argentian for the WBO strap, was about to fight somebody named Gary Sykes (or some shit like that), and he just fought an overmtached Escebedo...but this mofo is the best in the world to some of you guys? Pffftt...see why I dont' do P4P lists? The requirements are so sub par and subjective to the point that GR Jr. and Broner crack the list, and are considered great.

Great win for Garcia, and let's expect to see him with a soft touch or two, then some more challenging fights. Lucas WONT get his shot, scratch that off the list. He's too dangerous, and has nothing to offer image wise. If he happens to, then I'll gladly eat my words on that one.

Let's look out for a Peterson fight, since he and Zab wont be fighting any time soon. Khan may slip back in the picture again, since he's decided that he's a Jr. WW again...but had those Peterson and Garcia ass-kicking not happened, that mofo would've been an aspiring WW by now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Oct 21 2012, 07:49 PM
Post #23

Lightweight

You made some good points C-Shel, but I can't agree with everything you said. I agree Bronner, GRJr, Rios and a few others shouldn't be thrown into the equation as next opponents for Garcia. With that being said some of the fantasy match ups can quickly become a reality due to circumstances( money, injuries, availability, etc.) boxing is so unpredictable

In my opinion the Judah, peterson, FMWJr, and a Khan rematch fights are very possible. You were spot on with the analysis of a Judah and Peterson matchup but let me push my agenda for why a Mayweather fight might be possible.

1. As you said in a previous thread Floyd sits back and wait on someone to get hot, then step in to rock the cradle. Garcia is hot at the moment
2. Both guys are under Al Haymon, Garcia is signed with Golden and Mayweather works closely with them. Negotiation
should go smooth
3. Both are undefeated and the protein will be the the same as the Ortiz fight. A young lion with power challenging money for the crown.
4. Lenord Ellerbe was at the fight and I'm sure it was about business. Either they are trying to set up Ishe vs Quinlin or Mayweather vs Garcia.
5. Hatton was the recognized champ at 140 when he went up to WW to face Mayweather. Although Garcia wouldn't bring in the star power or fans that Hstton did.

It's not the fight I want to see, but I just have a feeling something is brewing between GBP and Mayweather Promotions. Lastly, why did you have to run everyone away from the thread with your last post? Lol

+Quote Post
p4pcrown
post Oct 21 2012, 07:55 PM
Post #24

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,358

Mayweather vs Garcia? That's a tailor made fight for Mayweather. Easy money. I hope they don't make that fight happen because I don't want to see it..however I will still watch it. If he can whoop Cotto for 12 rounds coming in at 147, with a cold, and hurt hand, imagine what he does to this kid at welterweight when he's healthy. Id rather see Garcia fight someone he actually has a chance of winning against. I think him and Judah makes for a good fight...although Judah is known to be a no show in big fights.

+Quote Post
p4pcrown
post Oct 21 2012, 07:57 PM
Post #25

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,358

I'd actually like to see Garcia fight Khan again...but only if Khan looks like a new and improved fighter after his debut with virgil hunter.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 21 2012, 08:25 PM
Post #26

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 21 2012, 05:46 PM) *
I have to disagree with you here pro. Just like with donaire, in an age where belts mean next to nothing fuck unifying and fight somebody. I like Danny but zab isn't his mandatory Lucas is. Zab needs to fight lamont and the winners should face off, this was a relatively easy fight for Danny after taking on some stiff competition. And I mean holt is a poor man's Judah and I believe Danny handled him pretty well

didn't know matthysse was his mandatory. that's a great fight! i think they're are the two best. if danny beats him....anything else is a step backwards. i'd like to see that be a huge fight.

+Quote Post
EpTXCHAMP
post Oct 21 2012, 08:33 PM
Post #27

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 6,987

Al Harmon is going to pick Judah hate to break to y'all....they see zab has a low risk high money (in Brooklyn) plus a chance to build Garcia's name...Peterson got over rated as a ticket seller in dc. As many sites reported khan drew a big part of that crowd being Dc has a large Pakistan population. Plus max boxing said about 1,000 tickets were comps.. Second Peterson being younger and not much of a name outside boxing die hards he may be labeled "high risk low reward"

Judah vs Garcia Brooklyn early 2013

+Quote Post
EpTXCHAMP
post Oct 21 2012, 08:49 PM
Post #28

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 6,987

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Oct 21 2012, 06:49 PM) *
You made some good points C-Shel, but I can't agree with everything you said. I agree Bronner, GRJr, Rios and a few others shouldn't be thrown into the equation as next opponents for Garcia. With that being said some of the fantasy match ups can quickly become a reality due to circumstances( money, injuries, availability, etc.) boxing is so unpredictable

In my opinion the Judah, peterson, FMWJr, and a Khan rematch fights are very possible. You were spot on with the analysis of a Judah and Peterson matchup but let me push my agenda for why a Mayweather fight might be possible.

1. As you said in a previous thread Floyd sits back and wait on someone to get hot, then step in to rock the cradle. Garcia is hot at the moment
2. Both guys are under Al Haymon, Garcia is signed with Golden and Mayweather works closely with them. Negotiation
should go smooth
3. Both are undefeated and the protein will be the the same as the Ortiz fight. A young lion with power challenging money for the crown.
4. Lenord Ellerbe was at the fight and I'm sure it was about business. Either they are trying to set up Ishe vs Quinlin or Mayweather vs Garcia.
5. Hatton was the recognized champ at 140 when he went up to WW to face Mayweather. Although Garcia wouldn't bring in the star power or fans that Hstton did.

It's not the fight I want to see, but I just have a feeling something is brewing between GBP and Mayweather Promotions. Lastly, why did you have to run everyone away from the thread with your last post? Lol

Al Harmon never matches his fighters against each other this all about Harmon's agenda.

Second Hatton had mad drawing power even Ortiz had some drawing power being Mexican American and having a following in Cali and Kansas that could travel to his fights or buy the ppv..IMO a fight with Garcia would be his lowest ppv numbers since his baldomir fight just based that he would be the only name. As a Brooklyn kid I know one thing over half the crowd last night was there for Paulie, Jacobs, kid chocolate, hell even bum ass collazo or salita put locals in those seats.. There was no buzz here for the main event that's why they were giving out tickets like crazy the last few days. Garcia no name status ain't going to get him a mayweather fight yet.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 21 2012, 10:06 PM
Post #29

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Oct 21 2012, 08:49 PM) *

should go smooth

Ha! Gotta love the response from BFF, cant deny it! You made some good points my man, I cant lie to you on that part. You're right, boxing is unpredictable and shit happens...hence the reason that we got a Khan/Garcia fight in the first place. Excellent point.

1. Yes Floyd is waiting for something to pop off, so he can step in and make something.
2. Al doesn't like to match his fighters, so that may be a bit of a stretch. I can imagine the negotiations would be smooth, but I dont see him matching them.
3. I like the undefeated part, and the Hatton comparison. Hatton did have a couple of WW fights, though they weren't the best opponents. Hatton had "money" written all over him.
4. Ellerbe may HAVE been there for that reason, or Quillin vs Smith. I didn't even think about a Quillin/Smith bout, good stuff.
5. I agree. Again, Hatton had a couple of fights at WW. Ortiz didn't have but one fight at WW, and he made the most of it. I can understand that part. I agree that he probably wont bring the star power, but I guess we have to see where we go.

I dont want to see the fight either, but hey we will see. I didn't mean to run everyone away with my post, I just have to make a point that us as boxing fans, cant have it both ways. We cant say that Broner and Russell Jr. are great when they have fought lesser opposition, and say that Garcia doesn't have what it takes to step in the ring with Floyd.

Bradley was the unified champ at 140, and got a chance with Manny, but Danny cant be the unified champ at 140 and get a shot at Floyd? Guys were saying that Bute was a bum, but they crowned Froch as great after he knocked him out. Cant have it both ways.

Your points are great, mine aren't all that bad, now that you've countered them (LOL)...I guess we'll have to see what happens in the next few months. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Oct 21 2012, 10:18 PM
Post #30

Lightweight

QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Oct 21 2012, 09:33 PM) *
Al Harmon is going to pick Judah hate to break to y'all....they see zab has a low risk high money (in Brooklyn) plus a chance to build Garcia's name...Peterson got over rated as a ticket seller in dc. As many sites reported khan drew a big part of that crowd being Dc has a large Pakistan population. Plus max boxing said about 1,000 tickets were comps.. Second Peterson being younger and not much of a name outside boxing die hards he may be labeled "high risk low reward"

Judah vs Garcia Brooklyn early 2013

Judah would be a good fight Garcia, a winnable one at that. Judah would be wise to move back up to 147 and try to land the malignaggi fight. That's the only fight I see him winning against guys at the top from 140-147

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 06:09 AM