> The bitchassness of Oscar de La Hoya, I'm done with this guy
daprofessor
post May 25 2014, 01:24 AM
Post #61

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 4 2014, 07:01 PM) *
Agreed. I think its well past time for government intervention into this cold war. They need to ban promotors and set up a federal commission for rankings and let each fighter get an agent that can negotiate 1 fight at a time. No 5 fight promotional contracts.

the same government allowing illegal access to our cellphones, emails etc.??? the same government who has started b.s. wars? the same government that has allowed major corporations to pull the rug from up under america and outsource all of our jobs? the same government allowing the fda, ama, monsanto, lobbyist and everyone else to poison us then over charge us for healthcare? no thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 25 2014, 01:25 AM
Post #62

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (klonopinz @ May 4 2014, 07:41 PM) *
man i wish there was one national commision like the nba, nfl, etc. i dont think it will ever happen tho.

i don't. we already have bob arum.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 25 2014, 01:31 AM
Post #63

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ May 5 2014, 08:18 PM) *
"mrchitown Posted Today, 05:30 PM

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 5 2014, 07:08 PM) *
I smell a Haymon/Schaefer/Mayweather Promotions on the rise."

thats like a powerhouse ncaa football program LMAO big tyme booster hall of fame staff and all american players!

recruiting would be easy work!

i seriously doubt floyd brings anything to the table after he retires. he's pretty much in the same boat as oscar. not very educated and very good at putting his foot in his mouth. as far as his ability to attract fighters...yeah. he can serve in that capacity.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 25 2014, 01:35 AM
Post #64

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 6 2014, 08:04 PM) *
I oppose federal regulation in boxing because of the distrust of government.

However, I would like to see some form of national league for boxing formed. Get the Association of Boxing Commissions, (Who already govern the rules for Championship fights in USA and Canada) the authority to rank the fighters and make the matches, regardless of promoter or network. One fight at a time elimination tournament matches between the best fighters. The network bids on a per fight basis only. No long term contracts.

Jack

no. i disagree with this as well.

boxing is organized chaos. it looks like it's broken...but it works beautifully imo. having several avenues to groom and build a fighter is a good thing. monopolies are bad. a lot of good fighters will end up getting the shaft if we look for one organization to run things. it's waaaay to big to be governed by one.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 25 2014, 01:41 AM
Post #65

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 8 2014, 02:20 AM) *
If you remember, Oscar was surprised at how many fighters they were working w/, but didn't have contracts w/ Golden Boy. This is going to be interesting...interesting to see if he tries to be like the Bobfather and shelf them if fighters don't sign extensions. Not to mention, should Shaefer leave, interesting dynamic to be going on at Showtime as a result of.

he can't shelf fighters that aren't his. he's never been the captain of the ship...and he's continuously shown that he is a fool when it comes to business and promoting in general. i don't know that gbp dies when and if schaeffer leaves...but if he doesn't find the right replacement....they are going to lose substantial leverage. they've not really groomed to many champions. abner mares was their first. canelo isn't exactly a cornerstone to build on. all the best fighters are signed with haymon.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 25 2014, 01:44 AM
Post #66

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 19 2014, 08:50 AM) *
Wait second, I know you!

really?

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 25 2014, 01:47 PM
Post #67

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 25 2014, 01:31 AM) *
i seriously doubt floyd brings anything to the table after he retires. he's pretty much in the same boat as oscar. not very educated and very good at putting his foot in his mouth. as far as his ability to attract fighters...yeah. he can serve in that capacity.

We have to wait and see but I think where Don King failed as a promoter, Floyd could succeed.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 08:58 PM