Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 89 Media split on the result of the Canelo vs Lara fight
fightscoreollect...
post Jul 14 2014, 08:04 AM
Post #1

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,394

I had it 114-114, my full card on the article. How did you all score the fight. The collection of results is by far the closest that i have collected from the media

comments welcome

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/opinion-sp...-lara-showdown/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigHouseLou
post Jul 17 2014, 12:43 AM
Post #2

Amateur

Member No.: 14,211

QUOTE (fightscoreollector @ Jul 14 2014, 09:04 AM) *
I had it 114-114, my full card on the article. How did you all score the fight. The collection of results is by far the closest that i have collected from the media

comments welcome

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/opinion-sp...-lara-showdown/

I had lara up 1 round maybe 2, but at the same time i can understand having it one round in either direction or a draw especially sitting ringside and not having the television angles on those flurries to laras elbows. I dont have an issue with the W for alverez. i do have a major issue with martinez score cards. reminiscent of C.J. ross for alverez-mayweather

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 17 2014, 12:47 AM
Post #3

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (BigHouseLou @ Jul 17 2014, 12:43 AM) *
I had lara up 1 round maybe 2, but at the same time i can understand having it one round in either direction or a draw especially sitting ringside and not having the television angles on those flurries to laras elbows. I dont have an issue with the W for alverez. i do have a major issue with martinez score cards. reminiscent of C.J. ross for alverez-mayweather

Lou,

What other cards can you recall of Levi Martinez's that were controversial? It would be interesting to research this topic!

Jack

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 17 2014, 12:53 AM
Post #4

The Consultant

Wow!

One of the closest and most divergent views of who won a fight in recent memory. Surprised the Max Kellerman had it for Canelo 115-113. He always seems to have a strong favoritism for the boxer over the slugger. I remember his professed love of Whittaker and Judah, during his early days at ESPN!

Jack

+Quote Post
BigHouseLou
post Jul 17 2014, 10:31 AM
Post #5

Amateur

Member No.: 14,211

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 17 2014, 01:53 AM) *
Wow!

One of the closest and most divergent views of who won a fight in recent memory. Surprised the Max Kellerman had it for Canelo 115-113. He always seems to have a strong favoritism for the boxer over the slugger. I remember his professed love of Whittaker and Judah, during his early days at ESPN!

Jack

I wish i had the time to thoroughly research, watch all the fights round by round, and see where him and i differ but alas i cannot. I did do some quick google research

"For instance, since July of last year, Martinez has judged a whopping forty-seven professional boxing matches. Of those forty-seven matches, only five came down to split decisions. Of those five split decisions, Martinez disagreed with the majority only twice. And only once did he disagree with the majority by anything close to a wide margin (that was for the Arturo Crispin-Julio Cesar Lanzas fight last November).

Since the Canelo-Lara bout, people have suggested that Martinez is corrupt, yet there’s no evidence of corruption to be found. It’s also been suggested that Martinez sides with the more lucrative fighter in a bout, yet Martinez had Marcos Maidana beating Adrien Broner last December. What’s more, it’s been suggested, that Martinez prefers brawlers to craftsmen, yet Martinez had Vasyl Lomanchenko beating Orlando Salido this past March. The Lomanchenko decision is particularly interesting, by the way, because it’s even been suggested that Martinez might favor Mexican fighters…yet Salido came to America from Mexico"

So im not ready to jump on the guys back about it, just like refs sometimes prematurely stop fights or let them go on to long, some warn and deduct points to much while other's not enough, and im not going to get into all the screw ups ive had over the years in various positions i have held. It happens to everyone once in a while although i will be sure to make sure i listen for his name when they announce judges

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 17 2014, 03:19 PM
Post #6

The Consultant

QUOTE (BigHouseLou @ Jul 17 2014, 10:31 AM) *
I wish i had the time to thoroughly research, watch all the fights round by round, and see where him and i differ but alas i cannot. I did do some quick google research

"For instance, since July of last year, Martinez has judged a whopping forty-seven professional boxing matches. Of those forty-seven matches, only five came down to split decisions. Of those five split decisions, Martinez disagreed with the majority only twice. And only once did he disagree with the majority by anything close to a wide margin (that was for the Arturo Crispin-Julio Cesar Lanzas fight last November).

Since the Canelo-Lara bout, people have suggested that Martinez is corrupt, yet there's no evidence of corruption to be found. It's also been suggested that Martinez sides with the more lucrative fighter in a bout, yet Martinez had Marcos Maidana beating Adrien Broner last December. What's more, it's been suggested, that Martinez prefers brawlers to craftsmen, yet Martinez had Vasyl Lomanchenko beating Orlando Salido this past March. The Lomanchenko decision is particularly interesting, by the way, because it's even been suggested that Martinez might favor Mexican fighters…yet Salido came to America from Mexico"

So im not ready to jump on the guys back about it, just like refs sometimes prematurely stop fights or let them go on to long, some warn and deduct points to much while other's not enough, and im not going to get into all the screw ups ive had over the years in various positions i have held. It happens to everyone once in a while although i will be sure to make sure i listen for his name when they announce judges

The commission wants to call him in, not for wrongdoing, but for Canelo-Lara, he had four rounds scored from the minority of the other two judges. This is the article were some of Lou's research comes from:

http://www.boxinginsider.com/columns/levi-...just-bad-night/ (Credit-Boxing Insdier.com)

Jack

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 18 2014, 11:14 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (BigHouseLou @ Jul 17 2014, 08:31 AM) *

Since the Canelo-Lara bout, people have suggested that Martinez is corrupt, yet there’s no evidence of corruption to be found. It’s also been suggested that Martinez sides with the more lucrative fighter in a bout, yet Martinez had Marcos Maidana beating Adrien Broner last December. What’s more, it’s been suggested, that Martinez prefers brawlers to craftsmen, yet Martinez had Vasyl Lomanchenko beating Orlando Salido this past March. The Lomanchenko decision is particularly interesting, by the way, because it’s even been suggested that Martinez might favor Mexican fighters…yet Salido came to America from Mexico"

Maybe he is a bad judge and he likes to see things his way. His score was awful.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Jul 18 2014, 12:12 PM
Post #8

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

The majority I didn't have a problem with a few cards from some guys whose opinions I respect on here scored for red.....but wasn't no 3 to 4 points ahead mess

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 11:52 AM