IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Alvarez vs Trout Preview and Poll-Vote Now!, Preview and Discuss (Different Choices Due to Fight's Location)
Who Wins? Vote in Poll!
Trout Alverez Winner?
Trout by Close Fair Decision [ 7 ] ** [43.75%]
Trout by Wide Fair Decision [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Trout by KO/TKO [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Alvarez by Close Fair Decision [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Alvarez by Wide Fair Decision [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez by Fair KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
A Fair Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez Wins a Foul SD or UD [ 3 ] ** [18.75%]
A Foul Draw That Trout Should Have Won [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
A Bad Ref Stoppage in Favor of Alvarez [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 16

checkleft
post Mar 6 2013, 09:44 AM
Post #91

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 6 2013, 09:01 AM) *
I sense a stoppage for Trout.. after dominating Cotto from the opening bell I feel that Trout understands what has to be done. This kid is not Cotto and I see Trout dominating him...

Idk, cotto isn't a big 154 pounder. Red isnt tall but he's got weight behind him, it will be interesting to see how THE FIRST LEGIT 154 pounder he's ever faced reacts to his punches. We know he can beat the shit out of welterweight tho
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 6 2013, 05:14 PM
Post #92

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 6 2013, 09:01 AM) *
I sense a stoppage for Trout.. after dominating Cotto from the opening bell I feel that Trout understands what has to be done. This kid is not Cotto and I see Trout dominating him...

possible...but i think canelo is a heavier puncher at this weight.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 7 2013, 01:11 PM
Post #93

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Didn't Trout start his career at 168??? That's a big dude! What in the hell was Cotto's team thinking?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 7 2013, 03:48 PM
Post #94

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 7 2013, 01:11 PM) *
Didn't Trout start his career at 168??? That's a big dude! What in the hell was Cotto's team thinking?

he has weighed as much as 165. he is 5'10. that's a big dude. he's going to school canelo.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Mar 7 2013, 05:58 PM
Post #95

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 28 2013, 06:56 PM) *
trouts victory over cotto was legit. he made so many adjustments in that fight. he is underrated.

I agree. I didn't see much from Trout going in, but watching the fight, he had Cotto numbered. Dude knew exactly how to fight Cotto, and made Cotto look like he's soon to retire.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 7 2013, 06:41 PM
Post #96

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 7 2013, 02:48 PM) *
he has weighed as much as 165. he is 5'10. that's a big dude. he's going to school canelo.

I didn't know that. Has he fought at any other weight class then Jr MW?

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 7 2013, 07:42 PM
Post #97

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Either way he (Austin) is going to get robbed. The only way he beats that Orphan Annie is by knocking him the hell out. Even then they will still give the nod to Annie.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 7 2013, 09:22 PM
Post #98

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 7 2013, 07:41 PM) *
I didn't know that. Has he fought at any other weight class then Jr MW?

165 is super middle weight

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 7 2013, 09:25 PM
Post #99

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 7 2013, 08:42 PM) *
Either way he (Austin) is going to get robbed. The only way he beats that Orphan Annie is by knocking him the hell out. Even then they will still give the nod to Annie.

orphan annie! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

the more i think about this...he's going to make it convincing. i can't rule out a stoppage. canelo only fights 30 seconds to 1 minute of every round. trout is going to make him work.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Mar 7 2013, 10:47 PM
Post #100

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 7 2013, 06:42 PM) *

With Lawrence Cole as ref in Texas, because the influence of "Daddy Dickie," I predict that some corruption is very likely. You have Golden Boy, who like Arum caters to the Mexican-Latin American fighters and their clientele. You have the WBC, who has been known throughout their history to cater to the Mexican-Latino population and their fighters. You have Texas itself, which does often violates ABC Rules to get what they want even though they are a member of the ABC. (The use of the WBC 4th and 8th round Open scoring in Chavez-Rubip and Garcia-Morales in violation of ABC Rules.) The ABC recommending that Holyfield in the past not being allowed to fight anymore for medical reason, but Texas looking the other way. Chavez Jr. being allowed to skip drug testing by the commission, and than the WBC doing anything and everything for Julio's kid because of his Dad's legacy embedded in that organization.

Why would Delahoya put Alverez in such a tough fight against Trout, who could beat him, perhaps soundly, unless something's gonna go down with the officials in this fight. I know Cole is going to get the ref assignment and he will favor Alvarez in this fight, No Doubt (pun intended) that Trout MUST stop Alvarez to win. If I were Trout I would start at least trying for fairness in the fight with at least two neutral judges for the fight and better yet a non-Texas ref. What good will that do? The WBC has stronger influence than the WBA a lot of times on official selection, based on the commission. Dick Cole was a ratings chair and former WBC Supervisor for years. The Cole's are so influential in Texas. They are literally millionaires. Alverez is not Mexican, but his following will be HUGE for this fight. How many people are going to be in favor of Trout for this fight?

This will be worse than Chavez-Whitaker's draw. I had the fight actually closer at 116-113 or 7-4-1 for Whitaker. This fight is Diaz-Malinaggi I with at least one near shut-out card for Alvarez if any rounds are even competitive. Trout will get no breaks in this fight. If he maybe does everything but kill Alverez, he might possibly get a draw on the cards. In Diaz-Malinaggi a close fight that could have gone from a draw to no more than a two-point edge either way the fight was scored:

115-113 (Diaz) "Fine and Fair" (Raul Caiz Sr.) California

116-112 (Diaz) "Biased" (David Southerland) Oklahoma

118-110 (Diaz) "Corrupt", "Sick" and "Fucked Up Shit" (Gale Van Hoy)

Source: Box Rec.

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Fight:1412530

Now, put Alvarez instead of Diaz's name on at least two of those cards in the Trout fight for the winner and that's what's gonna happen. I think Paulie Malinaggi would agree on this as well. Trout is about to be taken hook, line and sinker in this fight by the judges. I would love to be wrong about this whole post and have neutral officials in this fight. However, given the past history of the Texas Commission and influences above, I can't see that happening.

Jack

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 09:09 AM