> Bradley Marquez face off
daprofessor
post Sep 6 2013, 09:58 PM
Post #41

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 6 2013, 09:12 PM) *
He did and I felt he was game, but I thought Manny did more to win in the short bursts he put on. Maybe I shouldn't say that since there's a fight next weekend and one of the fighters in that fight, also fights in short bursts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

My thing with Tim though is that he is being treated unfairly by people masking themselves as fans and he even admitted the backlash is the reason he fought that way against Ruslan. I hope it was a temporary thing but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about him...even in the faceoff he has a look about him now like he just ready to go to war. He needs to be more cerebral

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

totally agree. there were things he said that i didn't like. anytime these guys start talking about dying in the ring, someone needs to chime in and tell them to shut the fuck up with that bullshit. his focus is all off....and i'm afraid that provodnikov fight did irreversable damage to the dude. it blame hbo and pac fans. his talk reminded me of characters in the movies...like that cop who talks about "i got one week til i retire...then i'm off to the bahamas with the wife." then he ends up getting kilt in the next scene. i don't want to see tim go out like that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 6 2013, 10:44 PM
Post #42

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 6 2013, 08:19 PM) *
Check, I'm not talking about all of the punches were light "clips", but as the fight went on, there were times he wasn't hit flush, but wobbled like he took dead square on the chops.

Yes...that's what I'm talkin' about....he still feels like he has something to prove. Unfortunately, I'm afraid the "boxing" Tim Bradley may have permanently left the building.

Well he was concussed early in the fight lol. Seemed sort of like berto during the ortiz fight
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Sep 6 2013, 08:27 PM) *
You're right, the one thing you can't do against counterpunchers is become predictable (which is what Pac did also) and JMM is always looking to set you up as you come to him. I think this fight will go the distance but if there is a KO it will be JMM putting TB to sleep.

If TB KOs marquez somehow he's a fucking beast!

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 7 2013, 01:11 AM
Post #43

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 6 2013, 03:16 PM) *
you see anything in particular giving you that feeling?

I've always thought Bradley was a bad matchup for JMM. Juan Diaz punches like a girl and is a poor mans Bradley and almost had JMM KTFO and say what you want but I didnt think JMM looked too hot in his last fight eventhough he got 2 KDs and the KO. Pacquiao was whooping his ass clearly before the superman coma punch came into play.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 6 2013, 03:30 PM) *
Don't kick yourself man, not everyone has a superior intellect like me lol...i think Bradley was game in that fight with Manny but it doesn't equate to a win. I've yet to see what he did to earn a draw and definitely an official decision in that fight. Manny fought for 60-90 secs of the round and put it on him. That's not good

And now he's fighting Marquez after being popped from pillar to post versus Prvodnikov. Him and Marquez will be a good fight and it could go either way but the Bradley that showed up in his last 3 fights gets his ass whooped by Marquez...he's already at a disadvantage because Marquez has better ring IQ and is a counter puncher.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Touche. I think Manny was very ineffective against Bradley. Lots of flurries with a bunch of missing and barely fighting at all. I thought Bradley was landing more eventhough Pacquiao was more authoritative with his punches he didnt land enough. I'm like you just the other way around. I've watched the fight several times and i've yet to see what all the uproar was about.

Like i said above, JMM didnt look too good in his last fight and was about to get scraped himself. JMM has taken years and years of punishment and though he's an offensive counter punching genius the guy has never been known for his activity or defensive prowess (IMG:style_emoticons/default/black eye.gif) .

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 7 2013, 01:15 AM
Post #44

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 6 2013, 06:58 PM) *

totally agree. there were things he said that i didn't like. anytime these guys start talking about dying in the ring, someone needs to chime in and tell them to shut the fuck up with that bullshit. his focus is all off....and i'm afraid that provodnikov fight did irreversable damage to the dude. it blame hbo and pac fans. his talk reminded me of characters in the movies...like that cop who talks about "i got one week til i retire...then i'm off to the bahamas with the wife." then he ends up getting kilt in the next scene. i don't want to see tim go out like that.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/haha.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/haha.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 7 2013, 11:34 AM
Post #45

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 6 2013, 09:58 PM) *

Too much money wrapped up in that fight for some funny stuff to happen lol

The hardest aspect of the game is the mental one, Bradley needs to seriously be shut down and re-programmed to the old Timmy....those know nothing fans hounded him and now he's fighting a style that really he doesn't have any business fighting. That was not the game plan against Ruslan, I think he knew all along that he was going to fight that way. Diaz and his pops need to really really plant the seed in his brain that he can't fight that way against Marquez and continue his career. The look in his eyes was like one of them dudes who loves being in the military at war time

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 7 2013, 11:37 AM
Post #46

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (emd01 @ Sep 7 2013, 01:11 AM) *
I've always thought Bradley was a bad matchup for JMM. Juan Diaz punches like a girl and is a poor mans Bradley and almost had JMM KTFO and say what you want but I didnt think JMM looked too hot in his last fight eventhough he got 2 KDs and the KO. Pacquiao was whooping his ass clearly before the superman coma punch came into play.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Touche. I think Manny was very ineffective against Bradley. Lots of flurries with a bunch of missing and barely fighting at all. I thought Bradley was landing more eventhough Pacquiao was more authoritative with his punches he didnt land enough. I'm like you just the other way around. I've watched the fight several times and i've yet to see what all the uproar was about.

Like i said above, JMM didnt look too good in his last fight and was about to get scraped himself. JMM has taken years and years of punishment and though he's an offensive counter punching genius the guy has never been known for his activity or defensive prowess (IMG:style_emoticons/default/black eye.gif) .

Yeah Marquez isn't known for defense but Bradley isn't known for offense either. I think their styles suit eachother. But Tim is going to have to turn back the clock a bit and fight smarter in this one. Neither looked to good in their last bouts but Marquez is still light years ahead of Tim in ring IQ but Bradley has advantages of his won, it really will make for a good fight

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 7 2013, 06:04 PM
Post #47

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 7 2013, 08:37 AM) *
Yeah Marquez isn't known for defense but Bradley isn't known for offense either. I think their styles suit eachother. But Tim is going to have to turn back the clock a bit and fight smarter in this one. Neither looked to good in their last bouts but Marquez is still light years ahead of Tim in ring IQ but Bradley has advantages of his won, it really will make for a good fight

yeah, if he goes balls to the wall like he did with Provodnikov JMM will flatten him...agreed.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 7 2013, 06:40 PM
Post #48

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (emd01 @ Sep 7 2013, 06:04 PM) *
yeah, if he goes balls to the wall like he did with Provodnikov JMM will flatten him...agreed.

The first few rounds will be interesting to watch to see how Bradley performs. I'm looking forward to this, this could be big for Bradley's career and the same for Marquez

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 7 2013, 09:54 PM
Post #49

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 6 2013, 10:44 PM) *
Well he was concussed early in the fight lol. Seemed sort of like berto during the ortiz fight

If TB KOs marquez somehow he's a fucking beast!

that should put him in line for foty honors.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 7 2013, 10:06 PM
Post #50

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we ALL may be the losers in this situation. Somehow, someway, I almost feel one of those "freak accident" headbutts occurring, and ultimately stopping it prematurely.

Again, I hate to be Mr. Cynical here, but Bradley is known to be involved in head clashes, and JMM is always prone to sustaining a cut.

Maybe I made this prediction because I'm still not sure how this fight will go.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 12:21 PM