Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather VS Mosley
MarzB
post Oct 3 2009, 09:25 AM
Post #111

Junior Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,494

I have a crazy idea that won't happen but that would drive more sales to this fight. Schaefer says he wants to get boxing back on Network tv right??

Why not sign this fight for a June fight but have both fighters have an interim, tune up fights on national tv creating the build up for their fight on the same card?? This would do a couple of things, create interest from the casual fan, create more buzz and more momentum, provide both fighters some real ring work.

The having a "stay busy"/"tune up" fight is NOT an outer limits concept by any means. This was done for Hopkins vs. DLH and recently with Kessler and Ward. With football season in play, it be placed on FOX or CBS where they could have advertising during the NFL games. On a Saturday night I'm certain this would destroy everything in it's time slot.

HBO may initially balk at this but they have to realize that this would be good for the overall sport and themselves because they could use this as a vehicle for future lead in to their fights. Why not cross promote of sorts similarly to how STRIKE FORCE I believe did with SHO and CBS..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hardhead
post Oct 3 2009, 01:41 PM
Post #112

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 77

QUOTE (MarzB @ Oct 3 2009, 03:25 PM) *
I have a crazy idea that won't happen but that would drive more sales to this fight. Schaefer says he wants to get boxing back on Network tv right??

Why not sign this fight for a June fight but have both fighters have an interim, tune up fights on national tv creating the build up for their fight on the same card?? This would do a couple of things, create interest from the casual fan, create more buzz and more momentum, provide both fighters some real ring work.

The having a "stay busy"/"tune up" fight is NOT an outer limits concept by any means. This was done for Hopkins vs. DLH and recently with Kessler and Ward. With football season in play, it be placed on FOX or CBS where they could have advertising during the NFL games. On a Saturday night I'm certain this would destroy everything in it's time slot.

HBO may initially balk at this but they have to realize that this would be good for the overall sport and themselves because they could use this as a vehicle for future lead in to their fights. Why not cross promote of sorts similarly to how STRIKE FORCE I believe did with SHO and CBS..

Crazy it is not!! Well when you factor in the direction boxing is now yes it is, but it seems like a no brainer to me, the disappointing thing is Boxing/promoters don't do enough in building big fights and fighters just like you mentioned...HBO has done well with the 24/7 series but they should go even further and partner up with the networks to build the bigger fight down the road, at the same time promoters need to do more to build interest for these fights, by putting the fighters on the same cards etc...
They could build Mosley/Mayweather into an even BIGGER fight than it already is(Mosley and Mayweather are both popular names and both Americans I think interest is already there) by building interest/hype through network TV, you have two top popular black american fighters(shit when was the last time you saw two top black fighters going at?) fighting each other, i think it would be major success in all areas...

The same could be done for a Pacquiao/Mayweather fight which I think would be one of biggest in history..

This post has been edited by hardhead: Oct 3 2009, 01:42 PM

+Quote Post
Byrd Man
post Oct 3 2009, 04:12 PM
Post #113

Welterweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 6,422

BREAKING NEWS! FLOYD MAYWEATHER HAS CALLED OUT JASON LITZAU!

That is all.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Oct 3 2009, 04:35 PM
Post #114

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (hardhead @ Oct 3 2009, 02:41 PM) *
[/b]

Crazy it is not!! Well when you factor in the direction boxing is now yes it is, but it seems like a no brainer to me, the disappointing thing is Boxing/promoters don't do enough in building big fights and fighters just like you mentioned...HBO has done well with the 24/7 series but they should go even further and partner up with the networks to build the bigger fight down the road, at the same time promoters need to do more to build interest for these fights, by putting the fighters on the same cards etc...
They could build Mosley/Mayweather into an even BIGGER fight than it already is(Mosley and Mayweather are both popular names and both Americans I think interest is already there) by building interest/hype through network TV, you have two top popular black american fighters(shit when was the last time you saw two top black fighters going at?) fighting each other, i think it would be major success in all areas...

The same could be done for a Pacquiao/Mayweather fight which I think would be one of biggest in history..

It is crazy because Shane will fight a Berto or somebody. Floyd will not get in the ring with a welterweight. Who would Floyd fight?? Clottey?? Too much of a chance for him to lose. Shane could lose too, but Shane would actually fight a Berto, if there was an agreement that Shane vs ?? fights Floyd vs ??

+Quote Post
MarzB
post Oct 3 2009, 05:08 PM
Post #115

Junior Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,494

QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Oct 3 2009, 04:12 PM) *
BREAKING NEWS! FLOYD MAYWEATHER HAS CALLED OUT JASON LITZAU!

That is all.

Keep your day job seriously. Comedy isn't your strong suit.

+Quote Post
Byrd Man
post Oct 3 2009, 06:49 PM
Post #116

Welterweight

Member No.: 6,422

QUOTE (MarzB @ Oct 3 2009, 03:08 PM) *
Keep your day job seriously. Comedy isn't your strong suit.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/fuck.gif)

+Quote Post
TRELG
post Oct 5 2009, 12:14 PM
Post #117

Amateur

Member No.: 10,576

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 20 2009, 03:02 AM) *
Don't you love the double-standards. JMM called Floyd out so that was his reason for coming back and fighting JMM. So Shane calls him out and he look what happens. I am curious to see what Floyd does next. My guess he will fight the winner of Pac-Cotto.

If they fight soon, I think Shane might have a little trouble figuring out Floyd in the early rounds. But eventually he will let his hands go and put it on Floyd. Either Floyd will cover up too much and lose a decision cause he wont let his hands go enough. Or Floyd will open up and get caught and he will get KTFO.

in 99 Floyd wanted to fight Shane, he sed Hell Naw. 06 he tryed again and Shane sed his tooth hurt. so wats tht tellin yall.? now tht shane's ready to make big money off Floyd, Floyd gotta fight him.? get realistic man.i wouldnt give tht nigga a chance after i tryed twice(really 3 times). it dnt go like tht. Besides ZAB will definitly Beat Shane.

+Quote Post
JD
post Oct 5 2009, 12:25 PM
Post #118

First Ballot

Member No.: 1,262

Shane ducked Floyd so he could fight guys like Vernon Forrest and Winky Wright.

+Quote Post
TRELG
post Oct 5 2009, 12:27 PM
Post #119

Amateur

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Sep 20 2009, 12:02 AM) *
make the fukin fight.

oh

+Quote Post
TRELG
post Oct 5 2009, 12:29 PM
Post #120

Amateur

QUOTE (JD @ Oct 5 2009, 10:25 AM) *
Shane ducked Floyd so he could fight guys like Vernon Forrest and Winky Wright.

thts on Shane. his bad

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 05:21 PM