IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESPN2- Lemieux vs Rubio Fight Info., SPOILERS WITHIN ABOUT 8:00PM (PT)/11(ET) TONIGHT
Lil-lightsout
post Apr 8 2011, 11:29 PM
Post #31

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 8 2011, 10:38 PM) *
THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Overrated BUM down! Maidana gets it handed to him tomorrow!

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 8 2011, 11:22 PM) *
If Morales is half the fighter he once was, He'll wipe his ass with Maidana.

Hey man if Maidana is a "bum", why did he go life in death with Khan, who you think is clearly the best in the division? I mean if Maidana is a bum, then Khan should have wiped the floor with him. Some even thought Maidana deserved the win that night, I was not one of them though. I felt Khan won enough rounds to win the fight.

I think Maidana is a decent fighter with some true grit. I by no means think he is great, but he is not bad either. I think calling him a bum is a bit harsh.

I missed the fight tonight, but it's nice to see an underdog who is NOT supposed to win beat the highly touted untested prospect.

This post has been edited by Lil-lightsout: Apr 8 2011, 11:30 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Apr 8 2011, 11:47 PM
Post #32

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

not much to say about the fight other than LOL because the chump got exposed

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Apr 9 2011, 12:06 AM
Post #33

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

Oh my.....exposed already?...by Rubio?

lmao...wait a second...I gotta find my quotes...

QUOTE (The CEO @ Jun 14 2010, 10:09 AM) *
Lemieux is good...for a kid from a tertiary Boxing nation.

QUOTE (The CEO @ Jun 14 2010, 03:10 PM) *
I predict Lemieux will still be in Montreal this time next year....having padded his resume with a few more wins and protecting that 0...

This is one of those times where being wrong feels good...lol

QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 25 2011, 10:26 AM) *
@ SENTRAL....I want you to know I've never judged you or your posts by your pics...I'm sensing you're a good person and can fit in this community....

One piece of advice though...you need to disassociate yourself from Bute and Lemieux ASAP...supporting and pushing Canadian Level guys WILL come back to haunt you...lol

Get in here and take your medicine, huggers...you know who you are.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye.gif)

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Apr 9 2011, 12:15 AM
Post #34

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (The CEO @ Apr 9 2011, 01:06 AM) *
Oh my.....exposed already?...by Rubio?

lmao...wait a second...I gotta find my quotes...

This is one of those times where being wrong feels good...lol

Get in here and take your medicine, huggers...you know who you are.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye.gif)

everybody knows he'd be ready for Maravilla in 18 months. ready to get dominated and stretched out lol

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Apr 9 2011, 12:19 AM
Post #35

SKULLSPLITTER

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 8 2011, 10:39 PM) *
I Love it!

War Rubio!

Me too, man...Rubio deserves some props for this performance...he took that cocky, reach challenged shrimp to SCHOOL and tucked him in like he was his daddy...he played the kid exactly the way he was supposed to...

An impressive showing by the journeyman B fighter...glad I stayed up to catch it.

+Quote Post
True-Boxing-Fan
post Apr 9 2011, 12:25 AM
Post #36

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 7,813

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 8 2011, 09:47 PM) *
not much to say about the fight other than LOL because the chump got exposed

How is Lemieux chump? If you are willing to step through those ropes you ain't no chump. Now here comes all the boxing haters to say I knew lemieux was garbage. That was a very entertaining fight. I was expecting a Lemieux win and thought this was a nice step up but damn Rubio put on a great performance. He weathered the storm early then stepped it up in the 6th. Even though Lemieux was doing good in the early rounds, I thought he was kind of punching himself out trying to land only hard shots. Rubio has some very heavy hands and a serviceable stiff jab. Lemieux is still very young and has a lot of improvement to do. But he can still make some noise. He needs to come to America for some better sparring and training. I thought Lemieux's corner was giving him perfect advice once Rubio started to come on in the sixth. But lemieux was a done fighter after the sixth. Great job of Rubio to perservere through the early storm to do your thing. It's fights like these make me love boxing so much.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Apr 9 2011, 12:32 AM
Post #37

SKULLSPLITTER

Haters plural?......I know you ain't talkin' to me, Fan...as you can see, I recognized and essentially said he was a typical hypejob a long time ago...

Enjoyed the fight and agree with some of your other sentiments though...

+Quote Post
True-Boxing-Fan
post Apr 9 2011, 12:46 AM
Post #38

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (The CEO @ Apr 8 2011, 10:19 PM) *
Me too, man...Rubio deserves some props for this performance...he took that cocky, reach challenged shrimp to SCHOOL and tucked him in like he was his daddy...he played the kid exactly the way he was supposed to...

An impressive showing by the journeyman B fighter...glad I stayed up to catch it.

Yea the fight turned out just how Rubio expected it. Lemieux is just a little short and does reach to much. Hindsight is 20/20 but Rubio was all wrong for him at this stage as he's tall, has heavy hands and a decent jab and he has heart. Lemieux is always going to have trouble with guys with a good jab and heighth. If Lemieux cant stay on the inside and bang guys out he'll always struggle, especially at the top level.

+Quote Post
True-Boxing-Fan
post Apr 9 2011, 01:01 AM
Post #39

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (The CEO @ Apr 8 2011, 10:32 PM) *
Haters plural?......I know you ain't talkin' to me, Fan...as you can see, I recognized and essentially said he was a typical hypejob a long time ago...

Enjoyed the fight and agree with some of your other sentiments though...

Lol, its cool. It's just that once someone loses who is considered to have a bright future, you get guys saying I told you so and calling fighters chumps. I hate when people call fighters chumps or bums when said people have no idea what it takes to step in the ring. It's just a pet peeve of mine.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Apr 9 2011, 01:15 AM
Post #40

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

Hahahahahhaha

I wonder if Lemieux thinks he can still beat Martinez.

Must be a sad day in canada being that they had pretty high hopes for this guy. LOL

I never seen anything special in Lemieux and im not suprsied at all that Rubio stopped him.

This post has been edited by kidbazooka1: Apr 9 2011, 01:20 AM

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 01:31 PM