Reply to this topicStart new topic
> where does floyd go after canelo
KOpower
post Sep 6 2013, 11:37 AM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,081

It HAS to be the winner of Garcia-Matthysse. That is a big reason they have this fight on the undercard. GBP knows that the options are short of small and they are trying to build either Garcia or Matthysse has a credible opponent. I think GBP is hoping beyond hope that Matthysse knocks Garcia out. If Garcia knocks out Lucas, GBP will take it but I get the feeling that Lucas is the guy they would like to throw in there because of his insane power.

What other options are out there for Floyd?

1. Amir Khan/Devon Alexander winner? Maybe if it is Khan, but Alexander would be a HUGE PPV flop. Even Khan seems to be a non-starter after his recent bouts, but Khan does have the name and offensive skills to make a match with Mayweather marketable.

2. Victor Ortiz? Not much demand for a rematch and Ortiz hasn't fought in a LONG time. I can't see that PPV doing well.

3. Miguel Cotto? Again, nut much demand here and Cotto may be with Arum at Top-Rank. I also think Cotto might look at the Sergio Martinez fight in the spring/summer of 2014.

4. Adrien Broner? If Broner dustts Maidana, I could really get behind this...but we all know these 2 won't fight each other for at least a few more years.

5. Keith Thurman? No way...huge PPV bust

6. Tim Bradley/JMM winner? The JMM fight would be a huge PPV bust. Bradley might be interesting, but again you have the whole HBO/Showtime Top-Rank/GBP thing

7. Sergio Martinez/Gennady Golovkin? No way that happens.

The only other reasonable option is the Pacquiao fight and that is just because the money would be so much. I still think that fight does 2 million PPV buys if Manny dusts Rios.

It has to be the winner of the undercard fight. I don't see any other reasonable option. The problem with Showtime is that they have to pay Mayweather big money no matter what and outside of Canelo, GBP doesn't have a real superstar to put him in the ring with. I see a Robert Guerrero type of PPV flop if our Cinco de Mayo fight is Mayweather-Garcia and only marginally better if it is Mayweather-Lucas.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 6 2013, 11:52 AM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (KOpower @ Sep 6 2013, 08:37 AM) *
It HAS to be the winner of Garcia-Matthysse. That is a big reason they have this fight on the undercard. GBP knows that the options are short of small and they are trying to build either Garcia or Matthysse has a credible opponent. I think GBP is hoping beyond hope that Matthysse knocks Garcia out. If Garcia knocks out Lucas, GBP will take it but I get the feeling that Lucas is the guy they would like to throw in there because of his insane power.

What other options are out there for Floyd?

1. Amir Khan/Devon Alexander winner? Maybe if it is Khan, but Alexander would be a HUGE PPV flop. Even Khan seems to be a non-starter after his recent bouts, but Khan does have the name and offensive skills to make a match with Mayweather marketable.

2. Victor Ortiz? Not much demand for a rematch and Ortiz hasn't fought in a LONG time. I can't see that PPV doing well.

3. Miguel Cotto? Again, nut much demand here and Cotto may be with Arum at Top-Rank. I also think Cotto might look at the Sergio Martinez fight in the spring/summer of 2014.

4. Adrien Broner? If Broner dustts Maidana, I could really get behind this...but we all know these 2 won't fight each other for at least a few more years.

5. Keith Thurman? No way...huge PPV bust

6. Tim Bradley/JMM winner? The JMM fight would be a huge PPV bust. Bradley might be interesting, but again you have the whole HBO/Showtime Top-Rank/GBP thing

7. Sergio Martinez/Gennady Golovkin? No way that happens.

The only other reasonable option is the Pacquiao fight and that is just because the money would be so much. I still think that fight does 2 million PPV buys if Manny dusts Rios.

It has to be the winner of the undercard fight. I don't see any other reasonable option. The problem with Showtime is that they have to pay Mayweather big money no matter what and outside of Canelo, GBP doesn't have a real superstar to put him in the ring with. I see a Robert Guerrero type of PPV flop if our Cinco de Mayo fight is Mayweather-Garcia and only marginally better if it is Mayweather-Lucas.

Bradley's contract is about to be up. So, hopefully he will be looking for the next biggest fight of his career. Hopefully.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Sep 6 2013, 12:01 PM
Post #13

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

That is positive if true. If Bradley beats JMM, a fight with Mayweather might do decent numbers, but certainly not a HR. I would personally like to see a Bradley-Pac rematch.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 6 2013, 01:45 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 6 2013, 01:43 AM) *
I wait till next week

Someone gets it

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 6 2013, 04:41 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 6 2013, 11:52 AM) *
Bradley's contract is about to be up. So, hopefully he will be looking for the next biggest fight of his career. Hopefully.

Where you hear that at?

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 6 2013, 05:28 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 6 2013, 02:41 PM) *
Where you hear that at?

He spoke about it awhile ago. He didn't sign a long term contract. I want to say either after the Ruslan fight or just before signing the JMM fight. He said he wanted to fight Floyd. So the only way that is happening if he leaves Bob.

Michigan is getting into ND's ass tomorrow, just to let you know! lol

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 6 2013, 05:39 PM
Post #17

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

the only fight Floyd can make that will have comparable numbers to his fight against Canelo is Pacquiao. I know the majority of us know thats a mismatch but we also know dollars are the only thing that make sense in boxing.

Floyd is going to have to eventually fight Pacquiao....especially if he KOs Rios. For a guy that calls himself "Money" i'm sure he realizes it too.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 6 2013, 08:05 PM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (emd01 @ Sep 6 2013, 02:39 PM) *
the only fight Floyd can make that will have comparable numbers to his fight against Canelo is Pacquiao. I know the majority of us know thats a mismatch but we also know dollars are the only thing that make sense in boxing.

Floyd is going to have to eventually fight Pacquiao....especially if he KOs Rios. For a guy that calls himself "Money" i'm sure he realizes it too.

Why does May have to fight Pac, why doesn't Pac have to fight May? May doesn't have to fight Pac, I am sorry. I think its the other way around.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Sep 6 2013, 08:29 PM
Post #19

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (truth @ Sep 5 2013, 08:45 PM) *
here is my question ive seen where a lot of people feel if floyd beats canelo he wont have anyone to fight but i believe he is going to move up in weight now as far fetched as it may seem considering floyd walks around at his normal fight weight he is getting older so its possible with that he is gaining weight plus when he went to jail he packed on more muscle then he had previously that being said i could see floyd fighting lmartinez, lara, martirosyan, and others. which would also produce that he could possibly lose feel which would produce good numbers not like canelo but good numbers. now if he stayed at welter weight fights with thurman garcia matthysee winner and with him and bob possibly working out their relationship bradley if he beats marquez and maybe pac if he beats rios. but i think he will continue to fight a jmw because thats where the money will be at for him after he beats canelo

He has to go to the winner between Garcia and Matthyse, he has already beaten JMM and Bradley is under TR so there's no way that BA let's Floyd beat one of his fighters especially if Brad beats JMM and there's no Pac rematch (ASSuming he beats Rios) so the obvious choice is clear but he could always go to MW (which we know he won't because he'll barely make 152 if at all).

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 6 2013, 08:57 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 6 2013, 05:28 PM) *
He spoke about it awhile ago. He didn't sign a long term contract. I want to say either after the Ruslan fight or just before signing the JMM fight. He said he wanted to fight Floyd. So the only way that is happening if he leaves Bob.

Michigan is getting into ND's ass tomorrow, just to let you know! lol

I don't care who wins between them two lol.. I'm an ND fan but I ain't like some of these nuthuggers that's out here. They take that to heart. It should be a good game, the game I'm paying attention to is Bama-Texas A & M

That would be great for all parties involved. There are some good matchups for Bradley if he were to leave TR

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 03:24 PM