> Whos in the right?, Canelo not budging from 154 Floyd not budging from 147
KOpower
post May 17 2013, 04:48 PM
Post #21

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 17 2013, 04:20 PM) *
Same way Canelo made jr. welter weights and light weights blow up to 154 his young ass can drop down to 150. Floyd did fight at 154 but he never came in at 154 for and Cotto didn't weigh 170 fucking pounds on fight night. That is the difference. canelo hasn't done a damn thing to demand anything. Floyd is not some up and comer Canelo is letting his well brushed red head is getting to him.

Why can't Canelo fight GGG, Chavez Jr., or Martinez? Why did Canelo have to fight light weights and jr. welter weighs and not 154 fighters in his weight division. Canelo is a middle weight let's be real. He comes in at 170! which means Mayweather is giving up 20 pounds already. My question is, why is it okay for Canelo to demand light weighs and jr welter weights to blow up already to 154 in order to fight him? How come he can't drop down to 150? he is only 22 years old. hell if Broner jumped two weigh classes to fight Paulie what the fuck is wrong with Saul dropping down to 150? He hasn't done anything. He hasn't even cleaned his division out. Lara and Kirkland have been begging for a match with Saul, maybe he should fight them before calling out a welter weight.

Ok, but Mayweather's camp is demanding the fight be made at 147. 150 or 151 is at least reasonable. It goes against everything Mayweather said in the past about not fighting anyone at a CW, but that's fine. I don't know what Canelo's official stance is on a CW at 152, 151, or 150 but I would like to see the Mayweather camp talk about that and not the BS that is a fight at 147. Again, it isn't a demand. Canelo CAN'T fight at 147. It isn't possible.

The biggest issue with Canelo vs GGG, Chavez, and Martinez is that you are getting into the HBO/Showtime mess. That isn't reasonable at this point. I do expect those 2 sides to mend the fences and sometime in the future we could probably see Canelo vs GGG. I don't see Chavez (Top-Rank plus Chavez isn't long for 160) every happening and Martinez may be too old and faded by the time GBP goes back to HBO. There are still some good fights at 154. Cotto, Angulo, Lara, etc are good fights.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
duwdu
post May 17 2013, 05:57 PM
Post #22

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 11,536

Some are so quick at turning this claim of the demand for Canelo to fight Floyd at 147, into a referendum on Floyd.

A closer look, however, shows that the demand is a kite being flown by Floyd's father, probably on his own, because he mentioned in the same breadth that he wasn't speaking for his son, but as the head coach.

Now, we know that Mayweather Snr is enjoying himself getting his mojo back in his son's corner (no disrespect for what coaching brilliance he brings to the table,) and will use the opportunity to so boast.

We also know, that his son not only admonished him for wanting to talk trash back at the Guerrero camp, even if provoked, he was told by his son that his job was to coach him, and he should stick with that. And this coach is not even a promoter by any means.

Further, we know that he had quite wrongly profiled his son before, such as implying that his son was not so good against southpaws and therefore would never fight southpaws again, which profiling turned out to be inappropriate and ill-informed , and probably unauthorized.

Now, AFAIK, Floyd himself has been silent over all of this, even if some will still say he's just making his dad the fall guy here. What I'd like to believe is that, because Floyd assured the WBA - in writing - that he would defend his Super JMW title come September, chances are that he would - against Canelo or A. N. Other. So, to me, all these brouhaha may be moot, actually. Which means I go with Richard Schaefer as to what is happening on this one currently.

BTW, Canelo weighed 172 on fight night against "No Doubt, " IIRC. My opinion is that Floyd should fight Canelo at 154 with a rehydration clause of, say, 162 max.

P34c3

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 17 2013, 06:10 PM
Post #23

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (KOpower @ May 17 2013, 01:48 PM) *
Ok, but Mayweather's camp is demanding the fight be made at 147. 150 or 151 is at least reasonable. It goes against everything Mayweather said in the past about not fighting anyone at a CW, but that's fine. I don't know what Canelo's official stance is on a CW at 152, 151, or 150 but I would like to see the Mayweather camp talk about that and not the BS that is a fight at 147. Again, it isn't a demand. Canelo CAN'T fight at 147. It isn't possible.

The biggest issue with Canelo vs GGG, Chavez, and Martinez is that you are getting into the HBO/Showtime mess. That isn't reasonable at this point. I do expect those 2 sides to mend the fences and sometime in the future we could probably see Canelo vs GGG. I don't see Chavez (Top-Rank plus Chavez isn't long for 160) every happening and Martinez may be too old and faded by the time GBP goes back to HBO. There are still some good fights at 154. Cotto, Angulo, Lara, etc are good fights.

I haven't heard Mayweather say anything. When Floyd publicly comes out and says that he wants Saul at 147 then we can go from there. I just don't understand how Canelo thinks he doesn't have to drop weight when he has made his career at fighting fighters from lower weight divisions. People will not touch that, by the way he could fight Kirkland or Lara but he won't he wants to fight people in other weight divisions, go figure.

+Quote Post
hitman
post May 17 2013, 06:16 PM
Post #24

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 1,342

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 17 2013, 03:20 PM) *
Why can't Canelo fight GGG, Chavez Jr., or Martinez? Why did Canelo have to fight light weights and jr. welter weighs and not 154 fighters in his weight division. Canelo is a middle weight let's be real. He comes in at 170! which means Mayweather is giving up 20 pounds already. My question is, why is it okay for Canelo to demand light weighs and jr welter weights to blow up already to 154 in order to fight him? How come he can't drop down to 150? he is only 22 years old. hell if Broner jumped two weigh classes to fight Paulie what the fuck is wrong with Saul dropping down to 150? He hasn't done anything. He hasn't even cleaned his division out. Lara and Kirkland have been begging for a match with Saul, maybe he should fight them before calling out a welter weight.

i'd love to see canelo fight those guys. and i didn't support the josesito lopez fight at all. it was a joke.

but this is about floyd and canelo. if floyd saids weight don't matter and he doesn't believe in draining fighters, why can he fight at 154 vs. other fighters but not canelo? that is admitting that weight does matter. if he wants canelo only at 147 that is trying to drain him. agree?

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 17 2013, 06:20 PM
Post #25

Middleweight

QUOTE (hitman @ May 17 2013, 03:16 PM) *
i'd love to see canelo fight those guys. and i didn't support the josesito lopez fight at all. it was a joke.

but this is about floyd and canelo. if floyd saids weight don't matter and he doesn't believe in draining fighters, why can he fight at 154 vs. other fighters but not canelo? that is admitting that weight does matter. if he wants canelo only at 147 that is trying to drain him. agree?

Canelo comes in at 172, that is why! Cotto came in at 162, big difference. how is that even fair? please tell me.

+Quote Post
hitman
post May 17 2013, 06:23 PM
Post #26

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 17 2013, 06:20 PM) *
Canelo comes in at 172, that is why! Cotto came in at 162, big difference. how is that even fair? please tell me.

because it's within the rules.

did it matter that chavez had sergio by 20 pounds?

This post has been edited by hitman: May 17 2013, 06:46 PM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 17 2013, 08:13 PM
Post #27

Middleweight

QUOTE (hitman @ May 17 2013, 04:23 PM) *
because it's within the rules.

did it matter that chavez had sergio by 20 pounds?

Sergio can pack on weight and Sergio being a middle weight he could handle it. You are mixing apples and oranges. Answer my question: Why is it okay for Canelo to ask light weights and jr. welter weights to come up and fight him but he can't come down to fight the number one fighter in the world? Give me a a fucking break. Why does Saul get rules bent for him, what the hell has he done? Please tell me

+Quote Post
hitman
post May 17 2013, 08:19 PM
Post #28

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 17 2013, 08:13 PM) *
Sergio can pack on weight and Sergio being a middle weight he could handle it. You are mixing apples and oranges. Answer my question: Why is it okay for Canelo to ask light weights and jr. welter weights to come up and fight him but he can't come down to fight the number one fighter in the world? Give me a a fucking break. Why does Saul get rules bent for him, what the hell has he done? Please tell me

sergio packed on 7 pounds. chavez 25. and it didn't make one bit of difference. sergio is a very small middleweight.

his manager said they offered floyd a catchweight. he can not physically make 147.

i don't know what "rules" are being bent so i can not answer that.

nobody forced lopez to fight canelo. he was offered and accepted.

he's universally recognized as floyd mayweather's biggest threat. he must have done something.

This post has been edited by hitman: May 17 2013, 08:25 PM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 17 2013, 08:25 PM
Post #29

Middleweight

QUOTE (hitman @ May 17 2013, 06:19 PM) *
sergio packed on 7 pounds. chavez 25. and it didn't make one bit of difference.

his manager said they offered floyd a catchweight. he can not physically make 147.

i don't know what "rules" are being bent so i can not answer that.

nobody forced lopez to fight canelo. he was offered and accepted.

he's universally recognized as floyd mayweather's biggest threat. he must have done something.

By who and what reason? Dude get the fuck out of here with universally recognized! Stop listening to skip bayless. You must be a member of boxingscene.com because that is the kind of shit their posters say. Get real brah. He lost to Trout to many people. What has he really done besides be GB bitch boy for the time being? Come on man don't believe the hype. Saul is popular not skilled. Don't get the two confused.

This post has been edited by Dolimite: May 17 2013, 08:26 PM

+Quote Post
hitman
post May 17 2013, 08:27 PM
Post #30

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 17 2013, 08:25 PM) *
By who and what reason? He lost to Trout too many people. What has he really done besides be GB bitch boy for the time being? Come on man don't believe the hype. Saul is popular not skilled. Don't get the two confused.

1. who is a bigger threat?

2. if he's not that good, why does the weight even matter?

This post has been edited by hitman: May 17 2013, 08:33 PM

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 09:29 PM