IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Preview; Dawson vs. Stevenson on HBO Saturday June 8th, Who Wins? Vote in the Poll!
Stevenson vs. Dawson? Who Wins?
Vote Now!
Stevenson by dec (close) [ 1 ] ** [10.00%]
Steenson by dec (wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Stevenson by KO/TKO [ 1 ] ** [10.00%]
Dawson by dec (close) [ 1 ] ** [10.00%]
Dawson by dec (wide) [ 7 ] ** [70.00%]
Dawson by KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 10

Jack 1000
post May 28 2013, 03:37 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Canadian favorite goes to Montreal, which always has electrifying fight crowds to fight Chad Dawson this Saturday. Who takes this one? Vote in poll and comment.

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post May 28 2013, 04:13 PM
Post #2

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,243

Stevenson maybe a big puncher but Dawson has seen his types before. He will counter with his speed, accuracy, and use his left hook when Adonia tries to bully him. Dawson by UD. Although he may get knocked down since Stevenson is no joke as a puncher.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post May 28 2013, 04:28 PM
Post #3

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I am gonna take Stevenson by close decision with his punch and a little home cooking served his way. I think Dawson is slightly over-rated and can be boring.

Jack

+Quote Post
Marcus
post May 28 2013, 04:57 PM
Post #4

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

Skills pay the bills. Dawson by UD. He's also back with Eddie Mustafa Muhamad. He's real hungry right now. I expect Dawson to be perfect in that ring. Dawson is always hungry.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 28 2013, 08:35 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Dawson hasn't had the best of luck in Montreal when he was the main event, and I don't see this one going any differently.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 30 2013, 02:33 AM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Conventional wisdom says Chad will win but which Chad shows up? He better not sleep on Stevenson's power or he'll be getting f*cked up pretty bad in this one

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 3 2013, 11:54 AM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 30 2013, 03:33 AM) *
Conventional wisdom says Chad will win but which Chad shows up? He better not sleep on Stevenson's power or he'll be getting f*cked up pretty bad in this one

That's a sad thing when that question always has to be asked. The same goes for Berto. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 3 2013, 03:41 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i have not seen stevenson fight. is there any fight in particular that i should watch?

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jun 3 2013, 06:48 PM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

That Ward-Dawson fight really put a black cloud over Dawson with me. Quitting is not a act I support after all that ish he had to say about B-Hop when they fought the first time. I seen Stevenson's fight against the guy who "supposedly" gave Floyd Mayweather trouble in sparring in the lead up to his fight with Cotto, but that's about it. I think he has enough in his arsenal to give Chad fits. Of coarse Chad has the skill set, but I think this is more for Adonis to show case what he's got to offer to maybe be in the runnings to fight a guy like Andre Ward somewhere down the line.

I say Stevenson by UD.

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Jun 3 2013, 06:50 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 3 2013, 07:04 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jun 3 2013, 06:48 PM) *
That Ward-Dawson fight really put a black cloud over Dawson with me. Quitting is not a act I support after all that ish he had to say about B-Hop when they fought the first time. I seen Stevenson's fight against the guy who "supposedly" gave Floyd Mayweather trouble in sparring in the lead up to his fight with Cotto, but that's about it. I think he has enough in his arsenal to give Chad fits. Of coarse Chad has the skill set, but I think this is more for Adonis to show case what he's got to offer to maybe be in the runnings to fight a guy like Andre Ward somewhere down the line.

I say Stevenson by UD.

wait...the mexican dude. i have seen stevenson fight. he ktfo'd the southpaw mexican kid that sparred with floyd.

well...in chad dawsons defense....i think he made a grave mistake going down to 168 to fight ward. i thought it was a mistake from the moment it came out of his mouth. he hadn't been there for a while....and doing it against a guy like andre ward is not the way to test a theory. i think he knew he couldn't turn that fight around....and while i know it isn't popular to quit, it's clear his corner wasn't going to save him. he lives to fight another day. he didn't take a career ending beating...but it was getting worse by the second. from what i can recall of stevenson....he's kind of limited in his movement. chad dawson is back with eddie mustafa....he should be primed and ready to go. i always thought eddie mustafa had him looking the best. in the pascal fight...they were robbed of a career defining comeback by that bullshit ass doctor and canada's trickery.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 10:20 PM