IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Do You Defeat The Klitschko Brothers?
Jack 1000
post Jul 17 2011, 09:40 AM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

In my view, by doing something that few have been able to accomplish. Applying pressure, taking away the jab, and getting inside. I assess the Vitali would be harder to beat than Wlad, because Wlad has a suspect chin. Consider the following:

And all the while, it seems like opponents should be able to get inside, because I think that the Klits often hold their hands low. Actually, I don't see them jabbing, jabbing, and jabbing like say Ali did with the movement and agility.

The Kitschko's aren't busy fighters because they don't have to be. They are however, dominate fighters with a huge height and reach advantage over everyone else. But maybe that is largely due to the fact that this heavyweight division for contenders is a fucking piece of shit! (Thanks for NOTHING, Haye!!!)

So in assessing the Klits what great heavyweight champions of the past beat them and how do they beat them? They take the jab away, but asses a past heavyweight champion and how he does that.

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Method
post Jul 17 2011, 09:49 AM
Post #2

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,253

They are NOT dominant fighters. With the size advantage they have over EVERYONE ELSE, they should be putting motherfuckers to SLEEP in DOMINANT fashion. Fighting scared, biting on ervery damn feint because you are scared of your own shadow is embarrassing. Its a total SHIT division, and if they were dominant, they'd be blowing dudes out. They're not. Wladdy fights like an amateur. I dunno. Thee guys do nothing for me. Absolutely NOTHING.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jul 17 2011, 02:57 PM
Post #3

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

i think Foreman beats both of them. with Wlad i see him overwhelming him and stopping him early. against Vitali i think he would stop him because of a cut. he's open for shots and Foreman could probably mess his face up enough to end it.

+Quote Post
PColeman28
post Jul 17 2011, 04:26 PM
Post #4

Junior Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,639

Agreed ^^^^

+Quote Post
Charlie
post Jul 17 2011, 05:53 PM
Post #5

Amateur

Member No.: 12,627

A prime Tyson would walk through Wladimir. Bob and weave forwards then throw hard shots. Wladimir goes back in straight lines, but the heavyweights of this era seem unable to move forwards and move their head out the way of his left hand at the same time. Haye only dodged with his feet planted, lunging forward as Klitschko moved backwards. The likes of Brewster and Peters never had the mobility to maintain a sustained forward-moving attack. It's not difficult, but the current crop of heavyweights lack the desire and the boxing intelligence (could this be a coaching problem - lack of quality trainers?) to be fit enough and combine upper body movement, foot movement, and combination punching. Tyson was a master at this. Holyfield was good. I'd fancy a prime Holyfield against either Klitschko. The guys who move as they attack, they are missing in the heavyweight division at the moment.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 17 2011, 09:59 PM
Post #6

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I actually had Vitali-Lewis 3-3 at the stoppage, even though Vitali was more effective at winning his rounds that Lewis was at winning his rounds. That fight was one of the best heavyweight wars for recent years.

I wonder if Vitali had not had that hideous cut forcing the stoppage, would he have won? I would say yes, I think Lewis would have been stopped in about the 10th round.

I think the brothers could be out-boxed by say Charles, Walcott, Ali, and Holmes. Louis stops them. He does a Sanders on Vitali in 3 and stops Vitali on cuts or a quit job in about 8. BUT Louis could have an early round scare, because "The Brown Bomber" could be floored early. But when you hurt him early, he becomes more and more pissed.

A prime Tyson over Wlad in 3 and over Vitali in 6. Too much of everything. Dempsey depends on who lands first. But if Dempsey landed first, I don't think either Klitschko, could came back the way Luis Firpo did against Dempsey were they just swapped back and forth knockdowns in two of the most intense heavyweight rounds for boxing historians.

Holyfield would have trouble with the Klitschkos. Holyfield almost always had trouble with big fighters. But Evander had the heart of many greats and he might take a close decision. If Holyfield could NOT throw his combinations and do much like say Lewis I, despite that horrible draw, I think Vitali wins. I would be more inclined to believe that Holyfield could beat Wlad, because of Wlad's chin.

Holmes might have an Ernie Shavers type knockdown moment, but I think he would be skilled enough to avoid the follow-up and take a decision against both brothers.

It seems that elusive boxers would trouble the Klitschkos the most. But the greats almost never had to fight fighters like the Klitschko's with their size and reach.

Jack

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Jul 17 2011, 11:35 PM
Post #7

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

All these guys(PRIME) below would just have to show up and they would beat both brothers.

Tyson KO Wlad round 1.
Tyson TKO Vitali mid rounds.

Holyfield late KO over Wlad.
Holyfield dec over Vitali.

Lewis KO Wlad round 2.
Lewis TKO Vitali mid rounds.

Ruddock mid rounds KO over Wlad.
Ruddock TKO over Vitali.

Holmes late TKO over Wlad or dec.
Holmes wide dec over Vitali.

Foreman KO's them both.

Bowe KO over Wlad in 3 rounds.
Bowe dec or TKO over Wlad.

There are more also that would have beaten them.

But today your best bet would be James Toney... only if he got a real trainer, a real nutritionist, and came in around 215 pounds. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jul 17 2011, 11:51 PM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

i like Joe Louis but he's not beating Vitali. i think he would have some success against him but Vitali would beat him just due to the size difference. Wlad is a different story, i think he puts on a clinic in that one. i could see Louis beating him by a wide margin.

+Quote Post
Hops
post Jul 18 2011, 03:50 AM
Post #9

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 10,849

Why are those Klitz-lovers always pointing to their jabs?

There is a big difference between knowing how to jab and how to use a jab. Wlad knows how to jab. He jabs a lot. He appears to know how to use a jab. That's because his opponents have been deep shits lately.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jul 18 2011, 03:54 AM
Post #10

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

theres a lot of guys in history that could beat these two guys... their size is NOT why they are so dominant right now... its helping them but the reason they are so dominant is because the division is not deep like it should be... none of the guys they are fighting are primed enough for them... the closest fighter either has fought in some time are tony thompson and i know yall wont agree but i still say odlanier is a threat to both guys... just my opinion...

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 09:37 PM