IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tim Bradley's Status?, Fighting style, opponents, etc. Have at it...
Cshel86
post Sep 21 2011, 08:28 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/TB.jpg)

Im still not completely sold on Bradley, but Im sure that a couple of convincing wins against decent opposition upon his return, may sway my view of him as a fighter. His name has been coming up lately in threads, so I decided to open a quick thread. It's been rumors that he will return before the end of the year (possibly on the Pacquiao/Marquez undercard), and he's recently called out Morales.

I was curious to know everybody else's opinion on where he stands in the 140 lb division and his possible move up to Welterweight. In my opinion, a fight against Maidana or Matthysse would be a good comeback fight, as well as a big statement in the meantime. What are yall's thoughts on him in the WW division?

I have my doubts about him, but like I said in a thread earlier, I was NEVER a big Khan fan (and he still bothers me from time to time), but he is now starting to grow on me, so ANYTHING'S possible in regards to Bradley growing on me. Have at it...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Sep 21 2011, 10:08 PM
Post #2

Proud American

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,577

Tim Bradley is a force, he just thinks his value is way more than what it really is. Dude couldn't sell out the cardboard box a 32" Plasma came in.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 21 2011, 10:26 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 21 2011, 11:08 PM) *
Tim Bradley is a force, he just thinks his value is way more than what it really is. Dude couldn't sell out the cardboard box a 32" Plasma came in.

You are right! He is a force (potentially in my opinion), but I dont see many people paying to watch him fight on PPV until he blows a few dangerous opponents out of the water and get his ticket sales up. I see him having trouble with/not getting by a few fighters, but its something that I need to see before I srart ranking him and so forth.

Lmao! You kill me with these analogies about fighters not being able to sell tickets! First you said some fighters cant sell out a rec gym, now they cant fill up a "32 plasma tv cardboard box?! Hahahaha!!! Im done with you King! Lol!

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Sep 21 2011, 11:00 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,333

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 21 2011, 11:08 PM) *

That's the problem, but I sympathize with him. After all, he has beaten Witter, Holt, Bradley and Alexander, and therefore he feels he should be paid more. But like you said, if you can't sell out a joint, ever, then you're not going to be paid millions, unless you're with Al Haymon.

+Quote Post
zucrates
post Sep 21 2011, 11:09 PM
Post #5

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 12,693

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 21 2011, 09:28 PM) *
(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/TB.jpg)

Im still not completely sold on Bradley, but Im sure that a couple of convincing wins against decent opposition upon his return, may sway my view of him as a fighter. His name has been coming up lately in threads, so I decided to open a quick thread. It's been rumors that he will return before the end of the year (possibly on the Pacquiao/Marquez undercard), and he's recently called out Morales.

I was curious to know everybody else's opinion on where he stands in the 140 lb division and his possible move up to Welterweight. In my opinion, a fight against Maidana or Matthysse would be a good comeback fight, as well as a big statement in the meantime. What are yall's thoughts on him in the WW division?

I have my doubts about him, but like I said in a thread earlier, I was NEVER a big Khan fan (and he still bothers me from time to time), but he is now starting to grow on me, so ANYTHING'S possible in regards to Bradley growing on me. Have at it...

Tim Bradley is the Evander Holyfield of jr welterweights he's a good boxer but I would like to see him with Ortiz to see who got the hardest head butt

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Sep 21 2011, 11:21 PM
Post #6

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

I am a huge fan of Bradley. I like his skills, pressure, desire, work ethic, and mostly his toughness. I am not here to convince anyone to agree with me, cause we all see things differently, but Bradley beats anyone at 140 IMO. I think he is the complete package, though he could use a bit more pop on his punches.

Now I am not following all this BS right now with what's going on with him and why he is inactive. It sucks but let's hope he knows what he is doing and he gets things worked out and get's busy real soon. That said here are a few match-ups with him and how I think they would play out.

Morales- Tim would easily beat Erik every second and get a easy decision or TKO victory. Bradley is too slick, fast, and young.

Maidana- More easy work for Bradley. Easily outbox the raw Maidana in a wide decision win.

Matthysse- A little tougher fight, but Tim would be a step ahead of him most of the time. 118-110 win.

Khan- Khan would jump out to an early lead, but once Bradley gets his timing down he can counter punch him more often as Khan tires a bit. And Bradley can then close the gap some more and force more of a sloppy inside fight mid rounds, which would favor Tim big time. As we get into the championship rounds Tim can go in for the kill and get the stoppage.

Now for a few fights at welterweight.

Ortiz- Bradley would weather some rocky early onslaughts by Victor. Mid to late rounds Tim will be warming up as he finds a very hittable Ortiz and gets a late stoppage by Ortiz quitting on his stool (I figured he already lost by cheap shot and got DQ'd, quit in middle of fight for being a bitch, and head butted-kissed-touched gloves-hugged-then hook-right KO'd).

Pac- I give this one to Pac in an exciting scrap that probably goes the distance. Pac has been at this level for a long time now. I would say Pac would build an early lead and Tim would come on late after Pac slows down a bit and gives Bradley more opportunities. But it would be too little too late, though Bradley would be competitive throughout. Or there is the possibility of an early stoppage with Pac's speed and power, but I would not count on that scenario.

Berto- I say with Berto's speed, size and power, he take's the early rounds for sure. BUT mid point as Berto starts gassing, Bradley would maul him and get a late stoppage for sure with Andre's poor defense.

Mayweather- Easy unanimous decision win for PBF. I love Tim, but horrible style match-up for him. Floyd would pick him apart from the outside and on the inside I just do not think he could be real effective with PBF's slick defense.

Anyway these are just some of my takes. I am sure some would not agree, but since I know more than all you bitches, just shut up, read, respect, and learn. Your welcome. Haha.

This post has been edited by Lil-lightsout: Sep 21 2011, 11:22 PM

+Quote Post
PColeman28
post Sep 22 2011, 01:57 AM
Post #7

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,639

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 21 2011, 08:26 PM) *
some fighters cant sell out a rec gym, now they cant fill up a "32 plasma tv cardboard box?! Hahahaha!!! Im done with you King! Lol!

I was hurtin laughing when i read this lol....it's true though

+Quote Post
kingknockout
post Sep 22 2011, 02:20 AM
Post #8

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,222

Tim is a smart fighter, i remember him during the peterson fight hand how he was beating lamont great on the outside, but somehow tried to fight with him on the inside and he was doing great for a minute but lamont punches finally started to wear and tear on him....so he back up and boxed again.

I'd like to see him go up against a real pressure fighter.....someone like a Victor Ortiz that will take the fight to him and throw body shots....

I'd also like to see him go against someone like Andre berto, someone with speed and is willing to just fight it out....I really want to see this match, it would be interesting to see the outcome, they are both good fighters.

even though victor got outclassed by floyd I'd still like to see him fight bradley, victor did get andre berto out of there.

Besides Victor, and Berto I don't see no one else giving bradley problems. not including pacman and mayweather.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 22 2011, 10:30 AM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 22 2011, 12:21 AM) *
I am a huge fan of Bradley. I like his skills, pressure, desire, work ethic, and mostly his toughness. I am not here to convince anyone to agree with me, cause we all see things differently, but Bradley beats anyone at 140 IMO. I think he is the complete package, though he could use a bit more pop on his punches.

Now I am not following all this BS right now with what's going on with him and why he is inactive. It sucks but let's hope he knows what he is doing and he gets things worked out and get's busy real soon. That said here are a few match-ups with him and how I think they would play out.

Morales- Tim would easily beat Erik every second and get a easy decision or TKO victory. Bradley is too slick, fast, and young.

Maidana- More easy work for Bradley. Easily outbox the raw Maidana in a wide decision win.

Matthysse- A little tougher fight, but Tim would be a step ahead of him most of the time. 118-110 win.

Khan- Khan would jump out to an early lead, but once Bradley gets his timing down he can counter punch him more often as Khan tires a bit. And Bradley can then close the gap some more and force more of a sloppy inside fight mid rounds, which would favor Tim big time. As we get into the championship rounds Tim can go in for the kill and get the stoppage.

Now for a few fights at welterweight.

Ortiz- Bradley would weather some rocky early onslaughts by Victor. Mid to late rounds Tim will be warming up as he finds a very hittable Ortiz and gets a late stoppage by Ortiz quitting on his stool (I figured he already lost by cheap shot and got DQ'd, quit in middle of fight for being a bitch, and head butted-kissed-touched gloves-hugged-then hook-right KO'd).

Pac- I give this one to Pac in an exciting scrap that probably goes the distance. Pac has been at this level for a long time now. I would say Pac would build an early lead and Tim would come on late after Pac slows down a bit and gives Bradley more opportunities. But it would be too little too late, though Bradley would be competitive throughout. Or there is the possibility of an early stoppage with Pac's speed and power, but I would not count on that scenario.

Berto- I say with Berto's speed, size and power, he take's the early rounds for sure. BUT mid point as Berto starts gassing, Bradley would maul him and get a late stoppage for sure with Andre's poor defense.

Mayweather- Easy unanimous decision win for PBF. I love Tim, but horrible style match-up for him. Floyd would pick him apart from the outside and on the inside I just do not think he could be real effective with PBF's slick defense.

Anyway these are just some of my takes. I am sure some would not agree, but since I know more than all you bitches, just shut up, read, respect, and learn. Your welcome. Haha.

Thanks to you Lightsout, Im actually waiting for this guy to fight again, lol. I can see him giving El Terrible a hard time at this stage of his career, and I see him getting past Matthysse, hands down. Matthysse doesn't put in enough work at the start of the bell, then finally decides to dial in during the middle rounds, so yeah, Bradley gives it 'em. I still have my doubts about him passing The Test (Maidana) and also beating Khan, those are just my thoughts. Maidana, I feel, will overwhelm Tim because I dont see his punches making a big difference. As far as Khan goes; height, handspeed, movement, may frustrate Bradley down the stretch.

As far as the Welterweights go, I just dont see it happening...maybe because I haven't seen him in the harder bouts at 140. In my opinion, if he slugs it out and defeats Maidana and goes a full 12 with Khan, then I will definitely give him a chance at WW. Though I really didn't like him early this year, I would've gave him his just due, had he beat Alexander convincingly (maybe because nothing much happened during the fight and it also ended badly).

Like I said earlier, if Amir Khan can grow on me, then almost anybody can grow on me, including Bradley, excluding Malignaggi (hate that guy). You are the only hardcore Bradley fan I know (and you actually know the sport well), so I will watch his fights again, and shoot for a better analysis (I guess).

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Sep 22 2011, 11:11 AM
Post #10

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 22 2011, 11:30 AM) *
I can see him giving El Terrible a hard time at this stage of his career, and I see him getting past Matthysse, hands down. Matthysse doesn't put in enough work at the start of the bell, then finally decides to dial in during the middle rounds, so yeah, Bradley gives it 'em. As far as Khan goes; height, handspeed, movement, may frustrate Bradley down the stretch. [/b]

hell yea man.
i think he stomps on morales for sure though..morales is one o my faves but based on both maidana and the cano fights...i dont think he could get a W. i dont think bradley would get a k.o. but he def gets the decision and i bet he dominates for the last half of the fight.
matthysse would be a tough fight i think for bradley! like you said though, seems like lucas is super patient and tries to figure out his opponents. only problem is by the time he does figure em' out hes given away too many rds to turn the table.
that khan fight would be a good one i think. idk who'd come outta that but i think (as much as i hate to say it) i'd hafta lean towards amir gettin a decision

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 11:42 AM