IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV:Rios/Abril-Marquez-Fedchenko@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT), No Public Streams, New Threads (See 1st Message About Start Time)
Cshel86
post Apr 15 2012, 10:33 AM
Post #71

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Apr 15 2012, 11:23 AM) *
I missed both fights, but I was told I didn't miss much.

Nope, ya didn't miss much. You missed a blatant robbery, and some Ukrainian cat that was happy to be in Mexico. That's about it though! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Check your PM please sir....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 15 2012, 12:58 PM
Post #72

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Just a heads up on Jerry Roth who scored for Rios,

I can tell you a pattern of Jerry Roth scored fights. He almost always goes for the guy going forward whether his punches are effective or not. ("The busier guy.") He is less likely to favor slick counter-punchers. If Richard clinched and held a lot last night, Roth would see that as a negative.

Don't know enough about Glen Trowbridge to make a call on him.

Jack

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Apr 15 2012, 02:12 PM
Post #73

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

You are making me more and more sorry for missing the fight guys....

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Apr 15 2012, 02:15 PM
Post #74

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 15 2012, 11:33 AM) *
Nope, ya didn't miss much. You missed a blatant robbery, and some Ukrainian cat that was happy to be in Mexico. That's about it though! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Check your PM please sir....
This is exactly what I was told and ok.

+Quote Post
un01
post Apr 15 2012, 03:03 PM
Post #75

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,229

lmao, i havent seen the fight yet, but if its as bad as people say it was then this is hilarious (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

im just laughing at the fact that Brandon said he was a nobody and still got his ass whopped... shout out to Abril for doing what he said he was gonna do, prove that Rios is garbage... this should be the last time that anyone waist their money on a top rank event

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 15 2012, 08:10 PM
Post #76

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 11 2012, 01:50 PM) *
Yea I can see an upset. That rios quote on the front page has jinx written all over it lol "I will never lose to a no name like abril" or something to that extent. I'll laugh so hard if his ass gets sparked up

I guess I didn't factor in that abril was fighting four people.

But I'm done w/ TR. Never watching one of their fights again, this is three fixes in less than a year(pac marquez, lopez salido, abril rios). I want to watch a sport not something scripted or fixed.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 15 2012, 08:22 PM
Post #77

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Man Checkleft...you were absolutely right! I had my reservations about the results of this card as well....

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 11 2012, 09:41 AM) *
Anybody smell an upset this weekend???

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 13 2012, 12:34 PM) *
The PPV card could possibly have "upset" written over it. Im not sure how Abril will fair against Rios, who will probably have a significant weight advantage. With that said, I've seen Rios hurt by Acosta (on a few occasions) and Antillon (a couple of times).

Anybody that can move and punch with confidence, will give Brandon trouble...

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 15 2012, 09:19 PM
Post #78

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Yea a few people on the board were feeling the upset. Rios is basically a carbon copy of marg, he's just lucky abril didn't have more pop ala mosley or the judges wouldn't have been able to save him. Anyone with a little ability should be able to follow this blueprint and outbox rios. Sort of how Paulie got a hold of diaz after marquez gave it to him

But TR is dead to me. I might as well be watching wwe if I'm gonna watch them.

This post has been edited by checkleft: Apr 15 2012, 09:20 PM

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 15 2012, 11:26 PM
Post #79

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I don't know if one can call fix, or incompetence, or whatever,

I say when there is a fucked up decision, it is not always incompetence, because if it was, the lesser fighter would get bad decisions, as well as the marketable one. The judges are smart enough to know that they are less likely to get a promoters big fight, if they go against his fighter.

Arum's now worse than King IMO.

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 16 2012, 07:53 AM
Post #80

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 16 2012, 12:26 AM) *
I don't know if one can call fix, or incompetence, or whatever,

I say when there is a fucked up decision, it is not always incompetence, because if it was, the lesser fighter would get bad decisions, as well as the marketable one. The judges are smart enough to know that they are less likely to get a promoters big fight, if they go against his fighter.

Arum's now worse than King IMO.

Absolutely correct. Exactly what in the hell were they going to do with Abril, in regards to his image? That's the same question I had when Campillo was robbed in the Cloud fight.

I had to check myself for getting pissed about Marquez not getting the decision in the rubber match against Manny. JMM's nearly on father time, and is able to headline big fights at 140. Sad thing is, Manny is in the mix for a mega fight that people are losing sleep over. No need to lose the remaining luster of the big fight, by awarding Marquez the decision...

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd August 2014 - 12:35 AM