Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who is Saul Alveraz fighting?
mrchitown
post Jan 8 2013, 08:37 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

If he doesn't face Trout then it'll be a soft touch.... Angulo is on the comeback trail and he's not ready for that fight. Kirkland is going thru his drama w/GB. I'm going to be disappointed if he doesn't fight Trout or a actual live body
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Jan 8 2013, 11:38 PM
Post #12

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 8 2013, 06:30 PM) *
Dig up Ivan Calderon...rumor has it, he's been warming up for another fight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

I'm wondering why everybody's overlooking Ricardo Mayorga's recent calling out of Canelo a few months ago. I wouldn't be surprised if they made that fight happen.

You may be correct C. I can see mayorga taking that fight, he is always there to make GBP fighters look good.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 8 2013, 11:53 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jan 8 2013, 11:38 PM) *
You may be correct C. I can see mayorga taking that fight, he is always there to make GBP fighters look good.

That fight was a strong rumor as well a while ago especially after the show he put on with cotto and the fast depletion of opponents Canelo had.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 9 2013, 12:02 AM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jan 8 2013, 11:38 PM) *

I honestly thought Mayorga would be his next opponent after the Cintron fight.

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 8 2013, 11:53 PM) *
That fight was a strong rumor as well a while ago especially after the show he put on with cotto and the fast depletion of opponents Canelo had.

I still feel like they'll throw him in there with Canelo. Besides, Mayorga IS a name in the sport, and who wouldn't pay their last buck to see Mayorga fight?! How cool would that be to see him on the May 4th card, acting an ass in the ring and actually making a Canelo fight worth the watch?

+Quote Post
Col Reb
post Jan 9 2013, 01:24 AM
Post #15

Lightweight

Member No.: 2,564

I'd love to watch Canelo vs Mayorga!

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 9 2013, 02:39 AM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

I want him to fight Floyd so he can hurry up and get beat but then he's got that card of well it is Floyd. Plus he'd stick to his tradition of fighting fighters in the 147 weight class then (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 9 2013, 09:03 AM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Shit, I had to go back and read the archives...looks like Mayorga is fighting Kassim Ouma (sp) sometime in February. Its still a possibility of him fighting in May, which will leave him with at least 8 weeks to train and a few weeks to rest.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 9 2013, 10:29 AM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

We are all in agreement that Saul is fighting a 147 fighter. He should either come down to 147 or start fighting people in his weight class. Mayweather isn't even a 154 fighter he has only fought at the weight twice in his career oddly he has fought more 154 fighters than Saul. LOL. I love how Golden Boy can protect this guy but actually sacrifice the guy who actually fights everyone. Great Job! Again Keith "One Time" Thurman has my vote

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Jan 10 2013, 06:27 AM
Post #19

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,480

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 9 2013, 02:39 AM) *
I want him to fight Floyd so he can hurry up and get beat but then he's got that card of well it is Floyd. Plus he'd stick to his tradition of fighting fighters in the 147 weight class then (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

That's funny as hell cuz it's factual

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 10 2013, 04:24 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

So let's say Alvarez has a bad showing would he still be in line to fight Floyd or maybe Saul is fighting Floyd in May who knows. Let's say Floyd fights Alvarez in September Arum is planning on having Manny fight again on the same night as Floyd in September. So who would get the most PPVs if thee two go head to head?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 04:48 PM