IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 18 19 20  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Garcia vs. Herrera-SPOILERS, No New Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of NBC Sports Card
AZWildCat
post Mar 17 2014, 09:42 PM
Post #191

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 17 2014, 09:03 PM) *
People be making stuff up just to have something to talk about, wasn't no damn blink or wink or whatever. It was a hook that ended it. Truth is, nobody would be screaming fix if Marquez hadn't of made that allegation about the Canelo-Angulo fight. Now people think everything fixed and their running with it

+1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 18 2014, 02:43 PM
Post #192

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 17 2014, 07:43 PM) *
Why you shooting Chi? Dang! First off, Marty crapped on NIA LONG for some average chic, I would never do that. Second, Marty mixes business with pleasure and I have never done that. When I take my clients out I am usually trying to pick their brain to see if I am wasting my time or are they going to let my company market them. Plus Marty isn't a true bad arse.

I love Marty Kaan, dude get it in

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 18 2014, 02:48 PM
Post #193

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 17 2014, 09:43 PM) *
Why you shooting Chi? Dang! First off, Marty crapped on NIA LONG for some average chic, I would never do that. Second, Marty mixes business with pleasure and I have never done that. When I take my clients out I am usually trying to pick their brain to see if I am wasting my time or are they going to let my company market them. Plus Marty isn't a true bad arse.

Wimp

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 18 2014, 02:49 PM
Post #194

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 17 2014, 08:07 PM) *
Yes they are supposed to party with their children...when their children make them wealthy. LOL

Most jobs are draining...from the high-paying overly demanding jobs...and the ones where you have to hurry up and make a taco box special for an impatient lard ass in the drive-thru before closing. I just need to be a pro fighter that's managed by Haymon for about 4 fights....gotta pay off these student loans and line my saving's account. Lol

Speaking of Marty Kaan, remember that stripper that he was dating on the first season? Oooowee!!!

Yes I remember, they need to bring her back

I'm wondering what's the next play for Danny Garcia. He's considering moving up which usually means he's done in that division lol. But his dad doesn't want him too. I agree with Angel when he says it should be no rush but he's full of it about making the weight easy because Danny has struggled make weight in recent times.

We wanted to see Danny "showcase" his talents that night, we all know that's what GB set the fight up for, but instead we got a look at some flaws in Danny. If he does that at WW then he may find himself in the same situation as Broner as far as credibility wise meaning he's good but he's not as good as we thought he was yet. If he stays at JWW he should give that man a rematch but we know that won't happen because Lamont and Danny seem to be on a collision course

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Mar 18 2014, 02:49 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 18 2014, 02:59 PM
Post #195

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 18 2014, 03:49 PM) *

I'm wondering what's the next play for Danny Garcia. He's considering moving up which usually means he's done in that division lol. But his dad doesn't want him too. I agree with Angel when he says it should be no rush but he's full of it about making the weight easy because Danny has struggled make weight in recent times.

We wanted to see Danny "showcase" his talents that night, we all know that's what GB set the fight up for, but instead we got a look at some flaws in Danny. If he does that at WW then he may find himself in the same situation as Broner as far as credibility wise meaning he's good but he's not as good as we thought he was yet. If he stays at JWW he should give that man a rematch but we know that won't happen because Lamont and Danny seem to be on a collision course

The only fight that I'm willing to see him fight at 40, is the Peterson fight, for undisputed status (unless he needs to WBO title too). He could rematch Herrera by July, then fight Lamont by the end of the year, but he set himself back with that Herrera performance...leaving himself in a 2-fight situation. I can't see the boxing world confidently referring to him as the undisputed champ at 140, with that Herrera stain in the way.

You're right, we've discussed this before and the little birdies made it known...he was hurting to get down to 40...no secret there. Hopefully the WW move doesn't backfire on him though...some guys can move up a few lbs and be stronger, some, not so much. On top of that, he's gonna be getting hit by some bigger fighters too...ones who comes in between 154, 160, and 165 on fight night.

Herrera was the wrong guy to showcase anything against...truly a bad move by GBP. They could've thrown somebody else in there, can't think of any names right now, but anybody other than that ugly style of Herrera's. Lol

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 18 2014, 08:23 PM
Post #196

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 18 2014, 11:48 AM) *

LOL. I am not trying to be like Marcus Grahm! I am good.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 18 2014, 11:49 AM) *

In his eventual move to WW, who do you think he should go up against? Paulie, Shawn Porter, Errol Spence, Thurman? Or a rematch with Khan at 147?

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 18 2014, 11:59 AM) *
The only fight that I'm willing to see him fight at 40, is the Peterson fight, for undisputed status (unless he needs to WBO title too). He could rematch Herrera by July, then fight Lamont by the end of the year, but he set himself back with that Herrera performance...leaving himself in a 2-fight situation. I can't see the boxing world confidently referring to him as the undisputed champ at 140, with that Herrera stain in the way.

You're right, we've discussed this before and the little birdies made it known...he was hurting to get down to 40...no secret there. Hopefully the WW move doesn't backfire on him though...some guys can move up a few lbs and be stronger, some, not so much. On top of that, he's gonna be getting hit by some bigger fighters too...ones who comes in between 154, 160, and 165 on fight night.

Herrera was the wrong guy to showcase anything against...truly a bad move by GBP. They could've thrown somebody else in there, can't think of any names right now, but anybody other than that ugly style of Herrera's. Lol

Erik Morrales was available!

Peterson match up sounds cool but Lamont can be really dangerous, when his confidence level is high he does great things. I would actually take Peterson in this fight. I think Lamont has the ability to adjust in fights, something Danny has not shown. If that left hook ain't connecting then he has issues.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 19 2014, 07:36 AM
Post #197

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 18 2014, 01:59 PM) *

I think a fight between him and Lamont would be great but listening to Danny, I think he's done at 140. That is unless GB and Haymon convince him to fight there one more time. But if he does I know it'll be his last fight at that weight. He's going to need to do some serious adjusting to make a impact at WW, because the way he fought Saturday I can easily see him getting hit and stopped in his tracks by those guys

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 19 2014, 07:48 AM
Post #198

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 18 2014, 07:23 PM) *
In his eventual move to WW, who do you think he should go up against? Paulie, Shawn Porter, Errol Spence, Thurman? Or a rematch with Khan at 147?

Out of who you mentioned definitely not Errol and Porter, those two would defeat him imo and are too strong for him. I think Paulie has a great shot to defeat him too because he had no answer for Herrera's jab and Malinaggi is the jab king. If he can't find his rhythm in the fight and with Paulie disrupting him, it could be a long night for him in there. I think he needs to be pushed but Idk if he should fight a top guy out the gate but if he thinks he can handle it then let him

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 2 2014, 01:23 PM
Post #199

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I had the fight for Herrera 115-113 or 7-5. The least he could have gotten was a draw. No way Garcia won 116-112 (on two of the cards.)

Open Scoring still sucks WBC, and always will,

Jack

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 18 19 20
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 08:11 PM