IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Khan vs Garcia, (Poll Added) Thanks Checkleft!
Khan vs Garcia
Who takes it?
Garcia by decision (close) [ 1 ] ** [20.00%]
Garcia by decision (wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Garcia by KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Khan by decision (close) [ 1 ] ** [20.00%]
Khan by decision (wide) [ 1 ] ** [20.00%]
Khan by KO/TKO [ 2 ] ** [40.00%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate loser in response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 5

The Original MrF...
post Jun 5 2012, 08:19 PM
Post #31

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

Hey boxing GODS at TOP Rank and GoldenBoy... This fight sucks!!! Not one I want to see. Why wasnt the matchup made between Ortiz and Khan?? Last weeks card with Tarver also sucked!! Was looking forward to Peterson/Khan 2 and Ortiz/berto 2. 2 guys fucked that up. I have no interest in this fight or the fight that Ortiz has coming up. It jut made too much sense that a fan friendly fight between 2 known fan friendly fighters be made. How fucking stupid is boxing these days. To top it off, Showtime let Froch and Bute fall between the cracks ti the Epix network. Its been a frustrating month. Thank you Floyd Mayweather for putting a decent PPV worthy card together a few weeks back.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 5 2012, 08:26 PM
Post #32

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jun 5 2012, 05:55 AM) *
I'm with you Cshel. I was surprised Golden Boy made this one also, but with Peterson failing the drug test it really through a curve ball at Golden Boy and they had to get a legit guy in here for Khan. Last I heard about the World Titles is the WBA was gonna prolly vacate the Title and put it on the line, but the IBF may stay with Peterson. We should know by Mid June.

Im glad that they're "giving the fans what they want", but I hope it doesn't backfire on them (business-wise). Hopefully Khan and Garcia makes it a nasty fight that makes both of them look good, regardless of the winner. That way, they can go their separate ways in good fashion and make GBP more money before they rematch...thats IF this first fight is worth watching again.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 5 2012, 07:01 PM) *
the videos kids make these days...i don't think they realize this shit stays in cyber space. there's no retracting any of this shit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

as for this fight being made....everyone is cashing out because the world is going to end in december. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Tell me about it, lol. Hopefully promoters are trying to make up for this terrible first half of 2012...well, we cant say its terrible yet...let's see how this Saturday's main event goes.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 10 2012, 12:04 PM
Post #33

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Khan:
H: 5'10
R: 24 1/2 in

Garcia:
H: 5'8 1/2
R: 23 in

Im giving this one to Khan. I dont necessarily agree with his style of fighting (circling turns to flat-out running), but he does start faster than Garcia. The only time I've actually seen Garcia mount an offense is when his guy is against the ropes or in the corner. He's a decent counter puncher, but he sometimes waits too long to counter...this is something that Khan will take advantage of.

Unless Garcia has this wild ass game plan that consists of swamping Khan with activity, Khan will easily outpoint him and impress the judges with his pitty-pat punches. Peterson attempted (and was mostly successful) with keeping his head in Khan chest all night, and going to the body...again, I haven't seen Garcia implement an effective gameplan in fights...he just stands there and waits to counter.

Khan by wide decision...unless Danny can walk/run him down without working against himself.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 10 2012, 07:51 PM
Post #34

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Why am I getting thanked?? Haha

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 10 2012, 08:24 PM
Post #35

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 10 2012, 08:51 PM) *
Why am I getting thanked?? Haha

Lol, because you opened the thread. I just added a poll...didn't want ya to think I hijacked your thread. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 10 2012, 08:37 PM
Post #36

Super Middleweight

I forgot I even did that lol. Good looking out though

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 10 2012, 11:06 PM
Post #37

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 10 2012, 09:37 PM) *
I forgot I even did that lol. Good looking out though

Anytime Check! You gotta be on the board Saturday night to talk some shit with us. Speaking of talking shit...where's PimpfighterROQ??? That motherfucker is the king of shit-talking on fight night! The most hilarious shit ever!

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 10 2012, 11:42 PM
Post #38

Super Middleweight

I'll try but idk if I'm gonna make it home in time for the fight, gotta bball tournament in sonora most of Saturday. I was real interested in watching how Garcia would come out too

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 11 2012, 12:52 PM
Post #39

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Khan by close decision,

I don't think Garcia is the pushover that people think he is! Khan wins, but he better not be overlooking this guy. And Khan, rematch Maidana, whom I believe and many others, you should have lost that war!

Jack

PS. The judges may have it close because of Garcia being undefeated, and how willing will they be to let that "O" go? Could Garcia get close rounds because of this?

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 13 2012, 05:47 PM
Post #40

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Shoot!

I messed up a merger. The other stuff on the Khan-Garcia fight should be here. Sorry!

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.p...10&start=10

Jack

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 02:49 PM