IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Keith Kizer throws Floyd under the bus! "Floyd was AGAINST petitioning the NSAC for better testing"
thehype
post Oct 14 2011, 04:21 PM
Post #31

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Deevel79 @ Oct 14 2011, 11:56 AM) *
Thoughts???

Old news. Bob Arum told you a couple years ago that they told Floyd to petition the commission, but he refused. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see what the news is here.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thehype
post Oct 14 2011, 04:26 PM
Post #32

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Deevel79 @ Oct 14 2011, 03:13 PM) *
You're lying. Provide a link to a source where it says that the opportunity to petition the NSAC was presented to Floyd and he turned it down, all the while, Arum and GBP were all for it.

You just have no response for what you just read and rather attack me instead.

Same article you took your quote from:

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/ne...tory?id=4772853

"Our position is that since the fight would be in Nevada, let [the Mayweather side] make any petition it wants to the commission," Arum said. "We wash our hands of it. If the commission wants to take blood, fine. We don't care. But we're not going to pander to this petty [expletive] about how many days before the fight they can test and so forth. Who are they [Golden Boy] to tell Manny what he's supposed to do? How many times did [Golden Boy boss] Oscar De La Hoya ever give blood before a fight? I will not let this kid get pushed around.

"If they go to the commission and they ask for blood tests and the commission says yes, we will do whatever the commission says. The commission says blood testing, we'll do blood testing. We're not going to help it or oppose it. We're not going to give any credence to this nonsense. They want to sign a contract under the rules of the commission, fine. We don't want the fight if it means Manny is going to be pushed around. Let the commission tell us how many days in front they want blood. Let the commission pick a date to stop taking blood. We trust the commission. Blood testing we think is unnecessary, but fine, we'll do it. But let the commission set the parameters. Let Golden Boy approach the commission and say we want to take blood when he's walking into the ring. Whatever the commission wants to do we will support, but we won't take part in this exercise in nonsense, a procedure which is contrary to how boxing has been conducted in Nevada for 40 years. The burden is not on us to tell the commission what to do."

Arum's appeal for the commission to handle matters may be hollow because although it has protocols in place for random urine testing during training camps, it doesn't for blood testing, and to put it in place in time for a March 13 fight is unlikely, according to Keith Kizer, the executive director of the Nevada commission.

"We're very confident that urine tests by themselves cover everything that needs to be covered, but if the camps want to do additional testing through a third party they are welcome to, as long as they also adhere to commission rules," Kizer told ESPN.com. "Urine testing we could run with today. We could test their urine every day from now until March 13. But blood testing is trickier because we don't require it. If the commission wanted to change the rule it would have to be at a public meeting and, at the earliest, that would be early to mid-January. We have done some urine testing during training camps. We have those protocols in place. Blood testing is a different story.

"We'd have to put it on a commission agenda. Golden Boy or Top Rank or both could ask for blood testing and we'd look into it. Whether it would go anywhere, that's up to the commission to decide. As of now, there are no plans for a special commission meeting, nor has one been requested from either side."

The promoters and HBO hoped to have the fight signed and formally announced at a news conference the first week of January. If they can't iron out the particulars on blood testing until a commission meeting, likely around Jan. 13, it would make finalizing the bout unlikely until at least then.

Schaefer believes that Arum's position of leaving it up to the commission is him "moving the goal post."

"The pressure is on Pacquiao," he said. "They keep moving the goal post like they did with the $10 million weight penalty [if either fighter is over the contract maximum 147 pounds], which we agreed to. They didn't think we would accept that. When we did, they had to find something else to make into a problem. So now they're saying it's up to the commission instead of wanting to negotiate the drug testing with us. I don't want to hear that if the fight breaks up it was because of us. When they came to us with a $10 million weight penalty, they didn't expect us to say yes. They thought we'd say no. So when we said yes, they had to come up with something else. Now we're off USADA, and they are going to come and say only urine testing if that's what the commission says. It's really frustrating.

Oh, but of course, even WITHOUT the "petition", NSAC decided to hold a meeting a few months later to decide if they should institute stricter testing. Their decision....

Urine, not blood, test for boxers pushed

http://www.mb.com.ph/node/261485/n

Drug-testing procedures for a potential super fight between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr., if held in Las Vegas, will be limited to urine testing, as far as the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) is concerned.

The NSAC upheld on Wednesday (Thursday in Manila) its drug-testing procedure on boxers as topnotch doctors Robert Voy and David Watson told the commission that urine samples are sufficient in catching drug-cheats.

So at the end of the day, you're upset with the fact that Floyd Mayweather didn't petition a commission that ultimately decided against the use of blood testing, something that Mayweather would not have agreed to in the first place. I still don't get how Kizer "threw Mayweather under the bus".

At this point, it seems more like some people are either on a mission to say, "I TOLD YOU FLOYD REALLY THINKS MANNY PACQUIAO IS ON SOMETHING", to which I simply respond, "Who cares? Whether he thinks that or not, the fight's not happening unless Manny takes the tests," or they just want to say, "I TOLD YOU FLOYD IS SCARED TO FIGHT MANNY", to which I continue to ask, "If he was scared, why did they, on 3 separate occasions, try to get Bob Arum to COME BACK to the negotiating table and even enter into arbitration to offer them a 14-day cutoff?"

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

The logic of some people really boggles my mind.

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post Oct 14 2011, 04:37 PM
Post #33

Welcome to the Dirty South

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 11,493

QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 14 2011, 04:21 PM) *
Old news. Bob Arum told you a couple years ago that they told Floyd to petition the commission, but he refused. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see what the news is here.

Thank you. Sheesh.

And what part of "petition" don't you understand deevel? A petition doesn't mean its goin to be implemented. It means you requested it. Big deal. Again, doesn't mean Shyt. I don't get your confusion. Lol. We've all known he doesn't trust NSAC with the testing. Hence why he wants WADA to do it.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 14 2011, 04:46 PM
Post #34

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Im just laughing because the shit that asked me to provide was in the very article that he posted...thats why I just left him alone. The person who knows the least, speak the loudest...or some shit like that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I told him that this issue has been through the ringer several times, but nooooo...Im just good ol' Cshel, I dont know shit, but hey, who cares (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

Ay Deevel...I got something for you...

(IMG:http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o167/FcKaLLYaLL/p_Rocks_juice_ezg_1.jpg)

A nice tall glass of "shut-up" juice!

As far as your argument goes, its a FAIL, but hey, who am I to judge? I just want to see you post in other threads, as I stated earlier, which I dont believe is such a big request. Really, I would like to see you post in other threads...nahhhh, I will do you a favor and not lie to you, thats the least I can do for you.

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/126491957248.gif)

FAIL

+Quote Post
Deevel79
post Oct 14 2011, 05:24 PM
Post #35

Strawweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 11,028

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Oct 14 2011, 04:57 PM) *
You're right, I have absolutely no responses for what I've read because its nothing more than flying monkey turds (in my opinion). The only reason that I would EVER want to attack you would be because you're a self-abosrbed, ill-informed, futile, idiot who whores for attention about subjects that have been beat to the ground...along with the fact that your name is Deevel79.

The fact that you feel this is an exclusive and you're carrying on as if it is such, is giving me this weird pain in my side. Do yourself a solid and post in another thread that doesn't pertain to Mayweather, Pacquiao, testing, or their PPV #s...but wait, you aren't capable of doing such a simple task, so I will just wont bother. Just make us all happy and roll over and die...then come back to life with a story about your experience...maybe then, would you be interesting. As far as the subject of this topic, I could care less man...

Once again your boy floyd got exposed and you're mad! Haha. It's ok.... I understand.

+Quote Post
Cyrenn
post Oct 14 2011, 06:25 PM
Post #36

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,921

QUOTE (Deevel79 @ Oct 14 2011, 06:24 PM) *
Once again your boy floyd got exposed and you're mad! Haha. It's ok.... I understand.

Man Floyd fans will go to great length to discredit anything agaisnt Floyd:) It's not like we even need to know this information, anyone with with a brain at least equivalent to a Neanderthal knows that Floyd wants nothing to do with Pacquiao.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 14 2011, 06:56 PM
Post #37

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Deevel79 @ Oct 14 2011, 06:24 PM) *

Man Deevel, the only person that got exposed, is none other than yourself. I watch every fighter fight and contribute to as many threads as possible in conjunction with that, unlike you. Anytime I see you contribute anything is in Mayweather/Pacquiao threads in reagrds to testing and PPV numbers...which you've failed to rectify after all this time.

You got exposed when you went against my point and told me to show you the source from which I got my point, when in fact, it was in the very article that you posted on here. Talkin' about getting exposed, but exposed for what? Exposed for not being able to read and comprehend, never EVER having full knowledge to support your arguments, and for none other than being an mindless nitwit...but hey, we didn't need much research to find that out.

Being the fact that you never have sufficient evidence to back up your arguments, and you anxiously engage in arguments with other posters about something you know nothing of...that would tell little ol' me that you're none other than a troll, my man. Should I hold that against you? Who am I to judge? Chill out man, its not that serious.

+Quote Post
bosco
post Oct 14 2011, 07:16 PM
Post #38

Flyweight

Member No.: 12,191

It's funny how much people reach. No matter how much Nevada tests they still don't test for everything that USADA does so it's pointless...the only thing that I get out of the whole situation is Arum wants anything but OST. I really don't see any way Pac-Man can beat Floyd and I'm sure Arum deep down feels the same way .

+Quote Post
chicagogato
post Oct 14 2011, 07:44 PM
Post #39

Amateur

Member No.: 13,195

QUOTE (Deevel79 @ Oct 15 2011, 02:13 AM) *
You're lying. Provide a link to a source where it says that the opportunity to petition the NSAC was presented to Floyd and he turned it down, all the while, Arum and GBP were all for it.

You just have no response for what you just read and rather attack me instead.

And this thread is going to make the fight happen?..... Make those who hate Floyd hate him all the more? Maybe....... Make those who like him like him any less? Doubtful....... Stir up more shit that won't be addressed in a timely manner? Yes.

Until the fight date is announced, haters please take a break.

This has been a public service announcement!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 14 2011, 07:46 PM
Post #40

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (chicagogato @ Oct 14 2011, 08:44 PM) *
And this thread is going to make the fight happen?..... Make those who hate Floyd hate him all the more? Maybe....... Make those who like him like him any less? Doubtful....... Stir up more shit that won't be addressed in a timely manner? Yes.

Until the fight date is announced, haters please take a break.

This has been a public service announcement!

+1
(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/PWillytalkupdated.gif)

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 05:08 AM