IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> should hbo just reel in jim lampley, or get rid of him altogether?
Jack 1000
post Dec 11 2012, 05:55 PM
Post #51

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Lamply has become the WORST fucking pom-pom shaker for the HBO contracted fighter!!! Regarding Pacquiao-Marquez IV, I saw the HBO PPV on a stream. They were really on Manny's dick the whole time! I like Manny, and it is kind of sad that he lost like that. But my correspondents at Fight Hype watched the international feeds and they said the commentary was so much fairer. I don't understand a word of Spanish, but I think I might start watching HBO Latino which has different commentators and interviewers just to get away from the HBO nut-hugging!

That shit I believe started some with Roy Jones and got worse around 2000-2002 when Delahoya was fighting. The Lamply of 10-15 years ago was far more objective than what he is now. Merchant is getting so bad with his lack of enthusiasm. You can sense that he doesn't want to be their anymore. Showtime is much more objective in their commentary.

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 11 2012, 06:52 PM
Post #52

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

they were really on manny dicks, but what can ya expect

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 11 2012, 06:56 PM
Post #53

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

i missed his bullshit. i was watching in a crowded/noisy sports bar.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Dec 11 2012, 07:32 PM
Post #54

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

I have no Problems with Lampley besides his skeptically homo assertion to fighters body parts... SMH... That and the glasses make for a good laugh. Other than that his intensity added with Knock downs and back and forth action makes the fight that more exciting to watch IMO... U know one of his famous quotes actually contributed to Me and My girls sex life the other night, now on occasion when it get rough in the bedroom I let her know like "BODY ShOT, BODY SHOT, BANG BANG BANG BANG! HERE I COME! BANG! U GONNA THROW BACK SOMETIME! BANG! kEEP COMIN! BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG! Lmao

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Dec 11 2012, 07:40 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 11 2012, 07:52 PM
Post #55

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

You know shit is serious when Jack bumps an old thread! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Yall are crazy, especially Gambit's silly ass! You're right, Lampley does "ride the fence" when he talks about these fighters' body parts, especially the comment about Seth Mitchell's "substantial butt". Oh Lord...Jim pushed it on that one, but seriously, there are only a few dudes (few being the operative word here), who can actually say some borderline homo mess, and get away with it.

I wont lie, nowadays, I look forward to Lampley's homo observations just to see how far he'll go before somebody calls him out on it. The whole ringside gets quiet, but somebody usually changes the subject quick! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

That's crying at the end was uncalled for though. I was like, "Damn Jim, Manny is alive. He got up, he's walking around, get over it man. Seriously man, chill out".

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 11 2012, 07:54 PM
Post #56

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 11 2012, 07:52 PM) *
You know shit is serious when Jack bumps an old thread! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Yall are crazy, especially Gambit's silly ass! You're right, Lampley does "ride the fence" when he talks about these fighters' body parts, especially the comment about Seth Mitchell's "substantial butt". Oh Lord...Jim pushed it on that one, but seriously, there are only a few dudes (few being the operative word here), who can actually say some borderline homo mess, and get away with it.

I wont lie, nowadays, I look forward to Lampley's homo observations just to see how far he'll go before somebody calls him out on it. The whole ringside gets quiet, but somebody usually changes the subject quick! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

That's crying at the end was uncalled for though. I was like, "Damn Jim, Manny is alive. He got up, he's walking around, get over it man. Seriously man, chill out".

did he cry!? dammit!!! i missed it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 12 2012, 12:54 AM
Post #57

The Consultant

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 11 2012, 06:52 PM) *

Speaking of Lamp's Homo observations. I seem to recall one time that he interviewed Delahoya and got all giddy and lovey with him like a little middle school girl's first crush! I think his voice went up like three octaves in response to Oscar's answer to his question! LOL!

Jack

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 12 2012, 12:55 AM
Post #58

The Consultant

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 11 2012, 06:32 PM) *
I have no Problems with Lampley besides his skeptically homo assertion to fighters body parts... SMH... That and the glasses make for a good laugh. Other than that his intensity added with Knock downs and back and forth action makes the fight that more exciting to watch IMO... U know one of his famous quotes actually contributed to Me and My girls sex life the other night, now on occasion when it get rough in the bedroom I let her know like "BODY ShOT, BODY SHOT, BANG BANG BANG BANG! HERE I COME! BANG! U GONNA THROW BACK SOMETIME! BANG! kEEP COMIN! BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG! Lmao

Lamply: OOing Pacquiao............."Look at those thighs!!" LOL!!!

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 12 2012, 10:00 AM
Post #59

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 11 2012, 07:54 PM) *
did he cry!? dammit!!! i missed it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Yep...got choked up like Manny had gone to the afterlife after the KO.

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 12 2012, 12:54 AM) *
Speaking of Lamp's Homo observations. I seem to recall one time that he interviewed Delahoya and got all giddy and lovey with him like a little middle school girl's first crush! I think his voice went up like three octaves in response to Oscar's answer to his question! LOL!

Jack

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

That's Lampley for ya! I remember the clip of the fighter meeting that they had with Seth Mitchell last month. When Seth was talking, Lampley had this wide smile on his face, like he was watching a kid sing a Christmas carol. I was like, "Damn Lampley, so go and sit in his lap already". He has some ways about himself, but I wouldn't know what to do if he wasn't on the telelcast anymore...Im practically used to him.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Dec 12 2012, 10:05 AM
Post #60

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Anybody have any footage of Lampley after the fight? I didnt have HBO's telecast.

Yea I streamed the fight! So what? lol

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 07:51 AM