> Fighters with power, Sold or not?
Cshel86
post Apr 22 2013, 02:37 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 22 2013, 03:11 PM) *
fight should have been stopped after the first knockdown. any report on that kid? he was out cold and didn't appear to be moving when they took him out the ring.

Right, his eyes rolled to the top of his during the first knockdown.

That shit was bad man (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

Dude was laid out on his back for a good 5 mins. His feet/ankles were together, but in an outwards V-shape...it reminded me of some shit from a Dr. Seuss book. Smh
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 21 2013, 05:12 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

does matthysse fit into this category?

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 21 2013, 05:40 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

he doesn't seem completely one dimensional but till he KOs Garcia yes.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 21 2013, 05:53 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 22 2013, 03:09 PM) *
the guys with no defense are in mma. that's why they have those crazy ko's. their punching is horrible. i can't watch.

yes, that's why guys with a decent amount of defense look like gods lol

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 21 2013, 06:12 PM) *
does matthysse fit into this category?

he has shown the ability to adjust and has complete brute power but Alexander showed he can be neutralized ala Hopkins style (punch and clinch) but that fight was a while ago and I still thought he win the fight comfortably.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 21 2013, 06:38 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 21 2013, 06:53 PM) *
yes, that's why guys with a decent amount of defense look like gods lol

he has shown the ability to adjust and has complete brute power but Alexander showed he can be neutralized ala Hopkins style (punch and clinch) but that fight was a while ago and I still thought he win the fight comfortably.

it always amazes me to see fighters on the upper levels not know how to cut off a ring. it's really a simple thing to teach/learn. that's probably his biggest flaw.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: May 21 2013, 06:38 PM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 21 2013, 07:48 PM
Post #16

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 19 2013, 07:49 PM) *
I'll go ahead and kick it off...

Truthfully, I'm not sold on Javier Fortuna like most are. After witnessing him knock out this young guy in FNF, which required the paramedics to stroll him out of the ring, c'mon man.

As Atlas kept mentioning, Zamudio had no business being in the ring with this guy. His last fight against Hyland on the Pac/JMM IV card, he looked very ordinary when he couldn't land those huge shots.

I mean this dude had a shitty camp (according to promoter) and didn't make weight yesterday. He came out guns blazing in this fight, as if he knew that he was gonna look bad if the fight went on longer.

I'm just not sold on this guy, and his failure to make weight let's me know that he isn't what he's hyped up to be. He hangs on Sergio's nuts, and he looks like he knows that a loss is around the corner for him.

I have been waiting to compare Blake Griffin with boxing. Blake is an exciting player and when he is against older defenders and teams that do not box out then he looks like superman. The moment he played against Zach Randolph he and Marc Gasol guys who were tough in the paint, he was done! Same thing with "power" punchers. If the only thing they are looking for is that big shot against skilled fighters then they will be in for a long night. The skill fighter will know not be in range of getting clocked. She Hopkins vs. Cloud, he was looking for that one shot. Just like P Williams and Sergio, P Williams was looking for that big shot. Mike Tyson is another one when he fought Lewis. Pacquiao and Bradley and Marquez. He got his shit cleaned. Power doesn't make you good. Like Roger Mayweather said "speed don't mean shit if you do not know how to use it." Same can be said with power. If that is all you got then you are limited.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 22 2013, 12:03 AM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 21 2013, 07:38 PM) *
it always amazes me to see fighters on the upper levels not know how to cut off a ring. it's really a simple thing to teach/learn. that's probably his biggest flaw.

Matthysse? I thought he did a wonderful job of doing it against ajose.

Donaire is a guy that needs to learn that for sure, cotto was really good at it back in the day. Gesta definitely needs to learn it as well

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post May 22 2013, 12:33 AM
Post #18

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

I wasn't and never was sold on Denis Lebedev before and after the loss to Jones. He fought old way and past prime legends and his KO ratio hides that fact. The rest were all bums.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post May 22 2013, 12:36 AM
Post #19

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

Still a bit skeptical on AB especially at WW. He gotta get Paulie outta there to convince me that maybe his power is legit... Then again Paulie been Knocked down and out before so it depend.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 22 2013, 08:55 AM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 21 2013, 08:48 PM) *
I have been waiting to compare Blake Griffin with boxing

Canelo's long-lost brother? Maybe?

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ May 22 2013, 01:36 AM) *
Still a bit skeptical on AB especially at WW. He gotta get Paulie outta there to convince me that maybe his power is legit... Then again Paulie been Knocked down and out before so it depend.

This remains to be seen...I just hope Paulie doesn't get brutalized in there. Not that I believe Broner will automatically put a beating on him, but maybe its because I cant stand that little cunt. Lol

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 11:52 AM