IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why Mayweather-Pacquaio Will Never Happen (Topics Merged), See Link on Page 2-Post 14. Clears up all the Gossip
Dolimite
post Jan 9 2014, 07:05 AM
Post #71

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 8 2014, 07:50 PM) *
For historical purposes..and as much as I hate to admit it for the good of the sport, these 2 have to fight. Now I don't subscribe to the theories of nut huggers from both sides who say things like Pacquiao needs Floyd for his legacy and those on the other side who say Floyd needs Manny to be a real ATG. Their HOFef status has been cemented long before they were even on each other's radar. But when one looks back at the sport 50yrs from now, MayweatherPacquiao would garner more respect then Mayweather-Bradley.

A fight between Mayweather and Pacquiao, even though it's past it's prime, would bring so much attention to the sport. Boxing has had some great years recently and it appears we may be headed for another one this year. And if we were finally able to get this fight in 2015 it would blow the lid off of things. But neither one of them need each other. I'd watch Maywether-Bradley as well. I'd be happy getting 1 of the 2

If he does then yeah, he is stupid. I admire his loyalty as I am a loyal person myself but if history has taught me anything it's just because your loyal doesn't mean others are loyal to you. Kevin Garnett said it best when he left Minnesota. Sometimes you can be too loyal. Pacquiao doesn't even have to be the smartest just use common sense. All the players in and around his division play across the street, he doesn't have many yrs left in the sport and at some point Arum will cash him out. Which is why I think he trying to push Mikey Garcia as a future opponent. Any fight he has over with GB would sell and he doesn't have to sign with them technically to get those fights. He should have faith in himself instead of putting all that faith in others because he getting railroaded

You know what? You are right about the fight happening. The thing is Mayweathe has to keep winning and so does Pac. Unless Rob Arum dies suddenly, we won't get the fight until next year. It all still depends on Pac resigning with TR. The ball is in his court. Pac may take the safe route and fight Robert Guerrero and in October he can fight Jessie Vargas or Mikey Garcia. Pac needs to keep winning so the fight.can gain full steam and hype again.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 9 2014, 09:38 AM
Post #72

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 9 2014, 06:05 AM) *
You know what? You are right about the fight happening. The thing is Mayweathe has to keep winning and so does Pac. Unless Rob Arum dies suddenly, we won't get the fight until next year. It all still depends on Pac resigning with TR. The ball is in his court. Pac may take the safe route and fight Robert Guerrero and in October he can fight Jessie Vargas or Mikey Garcia. Pac needs to keep winning so the fight.can gain full steam and hype again.

How's he going to fight Guerrero when Guerrero is with GB? I know you don;t think Schaefer is going to help Arum, Manny, and TR profit. He won't be fighting Garcia this year either

Check that, I just saw the article on the front page, I'm actually happy now. Guerrero was beaten into invisibility now he can go get pasted by Pacquiao and his career will basically be over. There's nothing at TR in and around his weight class that can get him money. He's a POS who used his wife's illness as a marketing shtick. And I'm also happy because Bradley and Pacquiao are free to keep on winning and get whipped by Mayweather in the future if they jump ship

2014 is shaping up to be better then I thought lol

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Jan 9 2014, 09:43 AM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 9 2014, 12:56 PM
Post #73

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 9 2014, 06:38 AM) *
How's he going to fight Guerrero when Guerrero is with GB? I know you don;t think Schaefer is going to help Arum, Manny, and TR profit. He won't be fighting Garcia this year either

Check that, I just saw the article on the front page, I'm actually happy now. Guerrero was beaten into invisibility now he can go get pasted by Pacquiao and his career will basically be over. There's nothing at TR in and around his weight class that can get him money. He's a POS who used his wife's illness as a marketing shtick. And I'm also happy because Bradley and Pacquiao are free to keep on winning and get whipped by Mayweather in the future if they jump ship

2014 is shaping up to be better then I thought lol

What is truly hard to believe five years later we are still talking about this fucking fight! AHHHHH... it is tiring. Now, if Schaefer tells Arum that he can rent Guerrero to fight Pac in exchange for Pac and May fight then, great. But I know that ain't happening. Now I know you are going to call me an ass for saying this, but shit, fair exchange, TR can get Guerrero if Arum will let Bradley fight May in September. Seems fair to me.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 9 2014, 06:17 PM
Post #74

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 9 2014, 11:56 AM) *
What is truly hard to believe five years later we are still talking about this fucking fight! AHHHHH... it is tiring. Now, if Schaefer tells Arum that he can rent Guerrero to fight Pac in exchange for Pac and May fight then, great. But I know that ain't happening. Now I know you are going to call me an ass for saying this, but shit, fair exchange, TR can get Guerrero if Arum will let Bradley fight May in September. Seems fair to me.

That's fair but Bradley can just walk away after this year. Why are we rushing to see a fight between Mayweather-Bradley? It already has a better probability of happening then Floyd and Manny fighting. Mayweather-Bradley 2015...what's the difference between then and now? I don't see one

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 09:12 PM