IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Pac vs Marquez IIII (Preview and Poll), if your complaining just fuck off really...
Pacquiao-Marquez IV
Who Wins?
Pacquiao by Dec (Close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Pacquiao by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Pacquiao by TKO/KO [ 2 ] ** [22.22%]
Marquez by Dec (Close) [ 4 ] ** [44.44%]
Marquez by Dec (Wide) [ 1 ] ** [11.11%]
Marquez by TKO/KO [ 2 ] ** [22.22%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 9

mgrover
post Nov 1 2012, 06:15 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

seriously if your complaining this is happening just get out.

anyways, there have been a lot of fights in boxing that have warranted trilogies and I don't see why this is any different, people complained about the 3rd fight and now a fourth one is in the works, and its odd, Arum for once seems to be talking Manny down saying recently he's not looked as sharp in training, while other reports Pac has been demolishing his sparring partners.

Is this maybe Arums way to ready the public not to expect too much from Pac? Whatever the excuse used in the 3rd fight, Pac didn't seem himself, but I think it's because Marquez's trainer said it best, he's not the same animal that KD Marquez 4 times, he's very very predictable and interrupting his rhythm seems to fuck everything up for him. Marquez did it with feints and what not. How do you guys think Manny could actually convincingly beat Marquez without a KO
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 1 2012, 06:35 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

I feel a ko coming for pac. I think marquez is convinced he has to stand and fight instead of BOXING in a BOXING MATCH to not get robbed.... again. And no offense to marquez but thus may be his Erik morales moment. He's up there in age swells up tremendously very fast and has not had a fight since the last pac fight. I hope I'm wrong because I'm a huge marquez but those are just my sentiments.

But I don't agree with the fact that you said pac wasn't himself, I think the problem was that he was himself and marquez knew he would be. The truth is pac is wild and has always been wild, a good boxer will always make him look like shit. No knock on pac because he is an animal

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Nov 1 2012, 06:48 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

i don't know, he seems so much more controlled than before, also marquez had one fight since pac and just dominated.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 1 2012, 07:39 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 1 2012, 06:48 PM) *
i don't know, he seems so much more controlled than before, also marquez had one fight since pac and just dominated.

Are you talking about the sedchenko fight before marquez pac 3? Cause if you are that was a dive if I've ever seen one bro.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Nov 1 2012, 07:57 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

no that was after, the ramos fight in KO1 was the obvious dive. the sedchenko fight was a UD for Marquez, after that fight he was supposed to fight Brandon Rios, but Rios got his ass handed to him by Abril.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Nov 1 2012, 08:40 PM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 1 2012, 06:15 PM) *
seriously if your complaining this is happening just get out.

anyways, there have been a lot of fights in boxing that have warranted trilogies and I don't see why this is any different, people complained about the 3rd fight and now a fourth one is in the works, and its odd, Arum for once seems to be talking Manny down saying recently he's not looked as sharp in training, while other reports Pac has been demolishing his sparring partners.

Is this maybe Arums way to ready the public not to expect too much from Pac? Whatever the excuse used in the 3rd fight, Pac didn't seem himself, but I think it's because Marquez's trainer said it best, he's not the same animal that KD Marquez 4 times, he's very very predictable and interrupting his rhythm seems to fuck everything up for him. Marquez did it with feints and what not. How do you guys think Manny could actually convincingly beat Marquez without a KO

Too bad this bullcrap fight is happening when we all know it's just another way for Arum to avoid having Pac get his anus kicked by Floyd but whatever and now that it is going to happen vs JMM I'm looking forward to seeing JMM totally dominate him even easier than he did in their last fight. I'm so sick of the PacHype that I'm praying someone like JMM or Bradley (who he is also running from) beats him so easily that we know he's been all hype.

Manny will never be able to beat JMM convincingly, in fact IMO he has lost to him all 3 times in their previous bouts, this one should top it all off for JMM, if he pushes Pac backwards and make him commit to punches while doing so it will enable JMM to counter Pac even more effectively because Manny cannot fight going backwards.

Manny on the other hand has to ensure that he is always going forward firing combinations not giving JMM any time or openings from which to counter him, as long as he stays busy going forward with combinations after a double-jab then he can beat Marquez but honestly without the benefit of a KO Pac will not beat JMM and he's definitely not getting a close decision vs JMM in Mexico (if this is where the fight takes place).

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 1 2012, 09:07 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Nov 1 2012, 08:40 PM) *
Too bad this bullcrap fight is happening when we all know it's just another way for Arum to avoid having Pac get his anus kicked by Floyd but whatever and now that it is going to happen vs JMM I'm looking forward to seeing JMM totally dominate him even easier than he did in their last fight. I'm so sick of the PacHype that I'm praying someone like JMM or Bradley (who he is also running from) beats him so easily that we know he's been all hype.

Manny will never be able to beat JMM convincingly, in fact IMO he has lost to him all 3 times in their previous bouts, this one should top it all off for JMM, if he pushes Pac backwards and make him commit to punches while doing so it will enable JMM to counter Pac even more effectively because Manny cannot fight going backwards.

Manny on the other hand has to ensure that he is always going forward firing combinations not giving JMM any time or openings from which to counter him, as long as he stays busy going forward with combinations after a double-jab then he can beat Marquez but honestly without the benefit of a KO Pac will not beat JMM and he's definitely not getting a close decision vs JMM in Mexico (if this is where the fight takes place).

Don't think its gonna be in Mexico. But I agree w/ you about how the fight should go unless manny happens to hurt or drop marquez. He's just not very good against boxers. Morales and barrera are more in your face fighters while marquez is more of a counter puncher.

I also agree w/ the notion that this sort of a "buying time" sort of fight and that the Bradley fight would have drawn more interest. I know a lot of die hard and casual fans who already said they don't want to even watch the fight let alone pay for it. But i might tune in if the undercard is cool (not paying for it tho). I'm anxious to see how Gamboa looks even tho I'm sure its gonna be against someone not very challenging.

This post has been edited by checkleft: Nov 1 2012, 09:08 PM

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Nov 1 2012, 10:18 PM
Post #8

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

What i notice is that Marquez seems to be doing better through each fight. Last fight was the only one he hadn't been knocked down, and was actually looking like he was stronger than pacquiao. Hes in much better shape than he was back then when he fought mayweather. I Actually enjoyed the last 24/7 and will enjoy the next because i get to be along for history if he does do it. If Marquez does win, i think it may be more likely if a knockdown occurs.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 2 2012, 12:07 AM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Jovi @ Nov 1 2012, 10:18 PM) *
What i notice is that Marquez seems to be doing better through each fight. Last fight was the only one he hadn't been knocked down, and was actually looking like he was stronger than pacquiao. Hes in much better shape than he was back then when he fought mayweather. I Actually enjoyed the last 24/7 and will enjoy the next because i get to be along for history if he does do it. If Marquez does win, i think it may be more likely if a knockdown occurs.

He does look very strong, I saw a video of him sparring and he looks even more top heavy than that last pac fight. And he hurt stunned and knocked down his partner w/ a brutal right hand.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Nov 2 2012, 07:49 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

because he's totally not on PEDs...Am surprised the Mayweathers haven't had anything to say about that. Marquez is a smart guy, he knows Pac better than anyone else, so every fight is more and more experience while Pac doesn't really think he just does, instinctive like an animal, which technically isn't boxing and is why he's pretty much losing to boxers.

While every man has his limit to the amount of punishment he can take, I just have never seen Marquez in serious amounts of trouble, he never seems hurt, maybe that's because the minute he's down hes just rallying away when he gets back up. But he does a good job against that do knock him down. If Pac can actually get a few KDs he may have a good shot of taking the UD but if he doesnt, i doubt it, since Roach pretty much said he's training him the same way he did for the other fights, so no real change in anything at all, ever.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 04:05 AM