IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

26 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10:15PM(ET)/7:15PM(PT) Bradley vs. Provodnikov, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams
daprofessor
post Mar 26 2013, 04:21 PM
Post #241

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 26 2013, 08:53 AM) *
Its like all sports, it morphs into what the public thinks it wants and it is run by people who never played the sport. Football is turning into a passing league and two hand touch. You can't touch the quarterback you can't hit hard, it makes the 70 and 80s football look like gladiator. Basketball is a shooting contest, no defense just dunking and shooting. No one takes pride in steals or shut down defense. Not even passing is looked as being an asset to the game. Baseball is about home runs. Boxing is not longer about hitting and not getting hit. It is trying to turn into Rocky movies. Eventually they are going to want someone to die in the ring in order for it to be exciting. I think HBO is lost right now. They have no idea what direction they want to go in. Lampley has turned into a bitter sardonic asshole. Kellerman tries so hard to be cutting edge and Ward wants to fit in while Jones says whatever the hell he wants to say. I am a bit taken back. They are not fans of the sport they are critics, I think one of the reason why Floyd left was he got tired of being shitted on by a company that he makes big time money for. Showtime they are fans of the sport.

To the Bradley and Ruslan fight, sadly if this fight wasn't a war and Bradley boxed the HBO cheerleaders would only focus on the seats being empty (which Lampley could not help but to keep mentioning throughout the fight) and how Pac was cheated. Or they would just ignore the fight and talk about their other upcoming fights. I honestly do not understand how they continue to rip apart certain fighters. Neither Kellerman or Lampley ever laced them up. Tim showed a ton of heart and stupidity and Ruslan fought his Russian ass off. My hats off to both guys as much as I like fights like they displayed I would rather see them around for the next five years with their senses in tact, fighting smarter fights.

well said. couldn't agree more. solid post.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Mar 26 2013, 04:35 PM
Post #242

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 26 2013, 07:53 AM) *
Its like all sports, it morphs into what the public thinks it wants and it is run by people who never played the sport. Football is turning into a passing league and two hand touch. You can't touch the quarterback you can't hit hard, it makes the 70 and 80s football look like gladiator. Basketball is a shooting contest, no defense just dunking and shooting. No one takes pride in steals or shut down defense. Not even passing is looked as being an asset to the game. Baseball is about home runs. Boxing is not longer about hitting and not getting hit. It is trying to turn into Rocky movies. Eventually they are going to want someone to die in the ring in order for it to be exciting. I think HBO is lost right now. They have no idea what direction they want to go in. Lampley has turned into a bitter sardonic asshole. Kellerman tries so hard to be cutting edge and Ward wants to fit in while Jones says whatever the hell he wants to say. I am a bit taken back. They are not fans of the sport they are critics, I think one of the reason why Floyd left was he got tired of being shitted on by a company that he makes big time money for. Showtime they are fans of the sport.

To the Bradley and Ruslan fight, sadly if this fight wasn't a war and Bradley boxed the HBO cheerleaders would only focus on the seats being empty (which Lampley could not help but to keep mentioning throughout the fight) and how Pac was cheated. Or they would just ignore the fight and talk about their other upcoming fights. I honestly do not understand how they continue to rip apart certain fighters. Neither Kellerman or Lampley ever laced them up. Tim showed a ton of heart and stupidity and Ruslan fought his Russian ass off. My hats off to both guys as much as I like fights like they displayed I would rather see them around for the next five years with their senses in tact, fighting smarter fights.

Very articulate post! Good stuff!

Jack

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 26 2013, 10:59 PM
Post #243

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

I was thinking that HBO should hire Steven A. Smith and Skip Bayless to their cast. Why not... more critics and even bigger assholes. The HBO model.\

Bradley if I am him, would take the rest of the year off but I have a feeling that he is going to fight very soon. I wonder what the Bob Father has in stored for him. Let's be honest he hates Bradley and has 0 interest in promoting his career. I think Bradley may get the winner of the Peterson fight. I think Pac will fight Rios.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 27 2013, 11:53 AM
Post #244

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 26 2013, 11:59 PM) *
I was thinking that HBO should hire Steven A. Smith and Skip Bayless to their cast. Why not... more critics and even bigger assholes. The HBO model.\

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Pretty much

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Mar 27 2013, 12:40 PM
Post #245

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Watched the replay,

Gave rounds 1, 2, 6, and 12 to Prod and the rest to Bradley,

Round 6 could have gone even, to Prod, or to Bradley, That's where Bradley moved great until the last 20 seconds of the round where he got nailed badly by Ruslan.

I think if fights were still 15 rounds, Bradley would have been KO'd in the 13th round. How did you see Round 6?

Jack

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 27 2013, 05:02 PM
Post #246

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 26 2013, 10:59 PM) *

Bradley if I am him, would take the rest of the year off but I have a feeling that he is going to fight very soon. I wonder what the Bob Father has in stored for him. Let's be honest he hates Bradley and has 0 interest in promoting his career. I think Bradley may get the winner of the Peterson fight. I think Pac will fight Rios.

Bradley won't be fighting no Peterson any time soon. He's with GB now so get that out your head. I wouldn't be surprised if JMM is in Tim's future though

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Mar 27 2013, 06:33 PM
Post #247

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 20 2013, 11:23 PM) *
I believe it was for this fight because he's stated numerous times in the past that he walks around in the 160's.

Physically he looked bigger to me, he looked like he should be competing in a strong man competition instead of a boxing match. I think he was punching with more authority too, but when you swing and load up and you miss those punches and your big ass head is still in the bullseye area, chances are your going to get buzzed more then a few times

yeah he did.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 28 2013, 08:16 AM
Post #248

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 27 2013, 01:40 PM) *
Watched the replay,

Gave rounds 1, 2, 6, and 12 to Prod and the rest to Bradley,

Round 6 could have gone even, to Prod, or to Bradley, That's where Bradley moved great until the last 20 seconds of the round where he got nailed badly by Ruslan.

I think if fights were still 15 rounds, Bradley would have been KO'd in the 13th round. How did you see Round 6?

Jack

Speaking of replay...what was up with that replay??? They had Lampley speaking in that staged boxing gym, as if Bradley/Provodnikov was part of the Best of Boxing 2013. I mean, I'm pretty it's gonna make the list, but I've never seen HBO replay a fight like this, not even a PPV bout...it only gets replayed like this at the end of the year.

Was I the only one that was this replay version???

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 28 2013, 09:06 AM
Post #249

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 28 2013, 05:16 AM) *
Speaking of replay...what was up with that replay??? They had Lampley speaking in that staged boxing gym, as if Bradley/Provodnikov was part of the Best of Boxing 2013. I mean, I'm pretty it's gonna make the list, but I've never seen HBO replay a fight like this, not even a PPV bout...it only gets replayed like this at the end of the year.

Was I the only one that was this replay version???

HBO has nothing! I mean nothing. So much buzz was over the war Bradley and Ruslan had that they kept showing it to prove that they still put on great cards but if people heard the original commentary they would hear Lampley and Kellerman piss on Bradley so they had to change their tune. April and May will belong to Showtime. HBO has Sergio but let's face it Sergio is exciting and I love seeing him box but that is one out of many. Showtime will Have Swift and Judah, Canelo and Trout and of Course May Day. The Only card I am looking forward to that HBO will show is The Filipino Flab and Rig! Right now HBO is trying to reestablish itself but they look like the desperate chic at the bar during closing who is trying to get some D but no one is buying.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 28 2013, 11:00 AM
Post #250

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 26 2013, 11:59 PM) *

If I didn't know better I would swear skip owned hbo

+Quote Post

26 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 06:21 AM