IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

32 Pages V  « < 29 30 31 32 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO PPV@09:00(ET)/6:00(PT)- Pacquiao vs Bradley-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later, New Video on Page 32 Shows HBO's Biased Commentary!
The Original MrF...
post Jun 17 2012, 02:54 AM
Post #301

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

I was watching the Lampley show tonite after the fights. he scrutinized all things Bradley in the ring. The 2 questionable judges gave Bradley the 7th. They showed the compubox numbers per round. They highlighted the 7th and showed the 7th round without commentary. Was it me or did compubox have Pacquiao landing 21 shots and Bradley only 8 for that round, if so, then it goes to show that Compubox is straight bullshit. It looked to me like Bradley landed way more than 8 punches and Pacquiao landed fewer than 21. Bradley had at least 2, 3 punch combos that landed that round where it looked to me that all 3 landed. Lampley shat all over himself by showing us that round. Not enough scrutiny was given to compubox. Who are the morons doing compubox?? Bradley was clearly not the harder hitter, but he made contact with Pac's head or body, which are scoring blows. Lampley should have discussed how compubox works for all the novices, so that it can be known that its up to some monkey's interpretation as to what a scoring blow is AND these monkeys are doing it right there in real time. They don't get the benefit of an eraser, per say. i would dare to guess that the compubox monkeys for this fight were Philipino.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Thickback
post Jun 17 2012, 07:33 AM
Post #302

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,355

HBO's commentary is a joke. Lampley once was my favorite but now he is just a Top Rank cheer leader. He aggravates the fuck out of me to say the least.

"Big Left hand from my boo Manny"
"And another"
"And another"
"There is no one on this or any other planet that can move from one place to the other like Manny"
"What extraordinary footwork"
"I love Manny and would love to suck him off"
"Look at those calves"

Bradley lands multiple punches....

Lampley "*silence*"

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 17 2012, 08:48 AM
Post #303

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I was disgusted. The fact that this show doesnt come on weekly, i thought it would encompass all things boxing. Instead, it became a butt heart song cry for Manny Pacquiao. Wipe your mouth Lampley and get over it. This show has one more time with me. I thought it would be an informative Real Sports type look at the sweet science. Instead, its becoming TopPrank TV

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 17 2012, 09:42 AM
Post #304

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

also one of the judges Ford who had the first 6 rounds to Pac right, had Bradley winning 7-5...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 17 2012, 12:07 PM
Post #305

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 17 2012, 09:48 AM) *
Instead, it became a butt heart song cry for Manny Pacquiao.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I couldn't even read past this part! Lampley is the fuckin' worst! It's always good to have him around to represent the HBO brand...that's until he opens his mouth and tries to call a fight. Kellerman and RJJ all day! The only times those biased ass HBO commentators call a good fight, is when the lesser known fighters are in the ring...check that out to make sure Im not by myself on this one.

+Quote Post
Thickback
post Jun 17 2012, 12:29 PM
Post #306

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,355

I was really looking forward to this show. With all of the interesting stories of each fighter's history, with all of the controversy surrounding the sport, I figured it was going to be a good show for the sport. I was sadly mistaken. They should have Roy and Kellerman host the show.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 17 2012, 12:46 PM
Post #307

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Thickback @ Jun 17 2012, 01:29 PM) *
I was really looking forward to this show. With all of the interesting stories of each fighter's history, with all of the controversy surrounding the sport, I figured it was going to be a good show for the sport. I was sadly mistaken. They should have Roy and Kellerman host the show.

That's not a bad idea at all. It can still be Lampley's show, but Kellerman and RJJ need to host it, while Lampley drops in every other episode. At least this will make him feel important, while he stays out of the way of ruining his own show.

+Quote Post
hitman
post Jun 17 2012, 02:31 PM
Post #308

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 1,342

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 17 2012, 10:42 AM) *
also one of the judges Ford who had the first 6 rounds to Pac right, had Bradley winning 7-5...

he did not say he won ALL 6 rounds.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jun 17 2012, 04:26 PM
Post #309

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Moving to the Pacquiao-Bradley Thread and Will Repin. for a couple more days. There's more to talk about with regards to the HBO replay.

Jack

Administrator

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jun 17 2012, 04:41 PM
Post #310

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I think that Jim Lamply's pop-poming for the house fighter (Pacquiao) was so bad. Punch Stats played along with it, and so did Harold Ledrman's unofficial scorecard. 10-1 for Pacquiao (119-110) is almost as fucked up as Brian Kenny giving that fight, 116-112 to Bradley. (8-4.)

Don't be fooled. Unbiased commentary from the other world outlets, such as the BBC Service, did have Tim winning the last 3 rounds. Watching the replay, Jim and Crew chose to ignore almost any time Bradley applied decent head-movement or threw good combo shots. I saw rounds 1, 9, 10, and 12 as close rounds, but the way that Jim Lamply was calling the fight, you would think that Pacquiao was Larry Holmes and that Bradley was Randy "Tex" Cobb! LOL! Make no mistake, while Manny should have won by I would say 2-5 points. Jim's voice inflections may have shown that commentators may have an "agenda" of their own, to credit the "star" fighter whenever possible.

This fight shows good reason why Punch stats has to go!

Jack

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 29 30 31 32 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 12:30 AM