BoxingStill#1
post Jun 5 2012, 06:42 AM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 5 2012, 12:55 AM) *
Most of you guys have named fighters on my list but I'll name a few anyway

Chad Dawson-This guy is the biggest waste of talent in boxing to me. He has all the skills to be a P4P guy but his lack of intensity and will is really disturbing. I believe that if/when he fights Ward, he's going to get his ass handed to him. He shows up for fights not even half the time. He wins on his boxing ability most of the time. He won't have his usual advantages against Ward. And his voice is one of the worst in sports history. He's #2 in sports right now for worse voice, right next to that sack of shit Evan Turner from the 76ers lol

JCC jr-This big bum is getting by on his father's name. He balloons up over 2 weight classes past his opponents and thinks that he's supposed to be celebrated as some great champ when in fact his promoter and the WBC protect him like he's the golden child. he has gotten better each time he fights, but the problem is that his level of fighting is still nowhere near where it needs to be to beat Martinez. Hence the reason why their running from him. JCC jr will eventually have to move up and it'll be ass whoop central from there. Who he beating at 168? Dirrel? No. Froch? No. Bute? Shit, my bad lol. Ward? Hell no.

Canelo Alvarez-He finally fought a "name guy" but it's unfortunate that guy hasn't seen a sunny day in the ring in over 3yrs now. I think Canelo will eventually be something to like in the sport but right now, the way GB and HBO are promoting him as some world beater is laughable. Obviously they are trying to pair him with Mayweather some day. And when that day happens I'll bet the farm against him. I might use the my winnings to put my daughter thru college. Him and JCC jr need to fight soon, the over rated fight of the decade

Brandon Rios-This guy hasn't done shit since he won the belt. He's a brawler, fan friendly as well, and he talks cash shit, which I like. But let's be real, he is shaming his self with his lack of dedication to making weight. He should re-do 50's first album and name it "Got title, stopped tryin".

Andre Berto-Al Haymon has done a great job with him, until the Ortiz fight. He doesn't do anything exceptionally well, he's been matched too soft

Devon Alexander-Fights amateurish to me like Khan, those noises are annoying when he punches. When he fights it's the only time I want a 1st round ko lol.

Amir Khan-This dude talks so much shit but he hasn't earned the right. I read his statement saying he didn't give Ariza permission to leave. He must've forgot that Pacquiao is Durant and he's Westbrook lol. He's not the man. He doesn't fight well with pressure, he backs up and runs all the time and his punches really have no steam to them in the 2nd half of fights. He's another anoyying little shit

There's more but I'll spare those fighters. These are the ones who completely baffle me the most

Im like "... damn.. do you even like boxing?"..

Imo opinion its hard to say right now, a lot of these fighters listed are fighters who are still in the process of making a name for themselves .. I think the thread was more directed towards fighters who the media and people EXPECT to win and look good doing so...

But to give a quick list cuz Im at work,.. Im not sold on

Martinez.. (likely known if yall read my previous post in recent thread)... This guy has the talent, and has the draw.. But I will want to see him really taken into deep waters... both mentally and physically ..I respect him, but I just wann see more..

Ummmmm.. I gotta get back to yall.. a lil busy

(Side note) despite his last loss.. im completey SOLD ON ANDY LEE....and fully expect him to him in this upcomming fighte....this guy can box his ass off.... problem is, from what Ive seen, isnt a grit typa fihhter.. not fan friendly ..bhe needs to stick to his fundamentals. And not get into heavy exchanges ...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 5 2012, 01:29 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

all the above fighters mentioned are what they are....fighters.

some are better than others...all are beatable. most are still developing.

+Quote Post
flazi
post Jun 5 2012, 01:46 PM
Post #13

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

canelo alvarez
jcc jr
cloud

all these guys are tough but i am suspect on them reaching the elite level. they all can but i just doubt it.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 5 2012, 02:59 PM
Post #14

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I don't get the Canelo Alvarez overrated label. He's like 12 years old. Cut him some slack lol

Plus he's banging a former Miss Mexico... I'd say he's pretty accomplished lol

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 5 2012, 11:12 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 4 2012, 09:46 AM) *
Timothy Bradley- a very mentally strong guy. very physically strong guy. Imposes his will on people to break them down and win. Skills wise and talent wise, I just don't see it though. Although I don't like him, I think he has potential to become a lot better only because he's one of the most determined fighters in the fight game. I also think Joel Diaz is a VERY underrated trainer.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.- People always talk about Canelo being overrated. I'm way more impressed with Canelo than this kid. If someone would utilize a jab to set up an uppercut, this guys chin would go through the roof of his mouth. He bends low and hunts for body shots so much.

Brandon Rios- I'm really still trying to figure out the hype behind this guy. I mean he hits hard but he has very little skill. He consistently struggles to make weight. I'm just not impressed.

Wladimir Klinch-ko- (He clinches...and KO's people lmao) This may come as a surprise but I've never been sold on him. His brilliance is fueled by his lack of competition. Unlike others, I think there is a distinct difference in skill level between him and Vitali. Also, his chin is suspect. I also don't think "domianted" Haye like a lot of analyst were saying. Both fighters looked like shit IMO. Haye just looked worse.

Devon Alexander- I was impressed by his performance against Maidana. Other than that, I never really cared for him. The constant noise he makes when he punches; unnecessary wasted energy and reeks of a B-class fighter at best.

Chris Arreola- Sure, he punches really hard. Show me something new.I can't trust a guy as a top prospect when even tomato cans can drop him. He is a fundamental nightmare. I respect him because unlike a guy like Rios, he finally decided to tackle his weight issues but c'mon. This guy is a waste of great punching power if you ask me.

Tavoris Cloud- I've NEVER been impressed with this dude. Arguably the most overrated fighter in boxing IMO. I thought Glen Johnson beat him or at least drawed with him. That last Campillo robbery...don't even get me started. I think, unless he gets lucky and lands something big, that Pascal is going to beat the breaks off of him.

Cornelius Bundrage- 1st of all, his name is Cornelius lol j/k. 2nd of all, he was getting schooled by guys on the Contender. Now I'm supposed to recognize you as a champion? Sorry...not sold.

Lamont Peterson- He gutted out a tough victory against a more talented Amir Khan. However, I think it was the home crowd that willed him to that victory. Lamont throws very nice body shots and hooks, but his jab and straight are suspect. More importantly, his footwork is absolutely atrocious. I don't even blame it entirely on him. I'm sure most of you guys know about my beef with neighborhood trainers at this point lol.

Robert Guerrero- In his mind, he's the best and most popular Mexican American since De La Hoya. In everyone else's, he's a nobody. I very rarely form personal opinions about athletes because I don't know them, but I really don't liek this guy lol Hands down, he overtook Bradley for the most annoying fighter in boxing IMO.As Sduck said, typical southpaw. Very run of the mill. As a fighter, if you know how to fight a sout paw, you know how to fight him. He's not going to present and wrinkles.

This is a strong list too

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 4 2012, 10:24 PM) *
Tell me about it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I was expecting a name or two, followed by an explanation, but these lists are funny as hell! Franchize always kills me with his lists of ANYTHING! Lol

Im still not sold on Donaire, sorry. He's athletic and all, but the only reason he's been knocking these guys silly is because they're dwarfs and he's able to get to the target quick enough to land those punches. The real reason is because these guys are smaller than him.

When he gets in there with somebody who has the balls enough to fight a disciplined technical fight, he tends to look a bit shitty. Guys hung on to that Montiel knockout (which was impressive), and I believe Nonito got spoiled after that as well.

Plus one on donaire

Would have been nice to see him fight anselmo moreno

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 6 2012, 09:51 AM
Post #16

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 6 2012, 12:12 AM) *
Would have been nice to see him fight anselmo moreno

+1000 I'd LOVE to see him fight Moreno! That would be a good fight! Correction, a GREAT BOXING MATCH!!! It wouldn't just be a slug fest. There would be some good tactical and mental wars going on in that one.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 6 2012, 11:23 AM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I believe the HBO announcers play a HUGE part in us NOT being sold on these fighters, agree? All of excessive praising and nuthugging, has trained us to look for more than what's actually there. Either that, or the fighters themselves, began to play into their own hype.

For instance, Nonito knocked Montiel out his socks, and Sergio knocked Paul into next week...from those points to now, HBO wanted us to believe that EVERY one of their fights will go in that manner. So, when they experience difficulty in the ring (against a solid guy) or have an off night, the announcers start making excuses for them.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 6 2012, 01:30 PM
Post #18

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 6 2012, 12:23 PM) *
I believe the HBO announcers play a HUGE part in us NOT being sold on these fighters, agree? All of excessive praising and nuthugging, has trained us to look for more than what's actually there. Either that, or the fighters themselves, began to play into their own hype.

For instance, Nonito knocked Montiel out his socks, and Sergio knocked Paul into next week...from those points to now, HBO wanted us to believe that EVERY one of their fights will go in that manner. So, when they experience difficulty in the ring (against a solid guy) or have an off night, the announcers start making excuses for them.

I think it brings up another point in that HBO announcers have kinda pissed on competitiveness. It's like they hate on a guy for not fighting top competition, but they want the big name guys to blow everyone out of the water. If you want the sport to last, then why wouldn't you embrace fights being tough? It's like they only want to see competitive fights if it's a marquee event. If a guy is fighting an up and comig fighter, then it better be a landslide. I personally like to see guys win tough fights. It lets me know that when the going gets tough; when things don't come easily said fighter won't cave in from the pressure. I thik it's part of the reason why guys don't take on rematches immediately after closely contested fights. I think they feel like if they don't blow the guy out of the water in the remath, then it's not even worth it. Some of the greatest rivalries in boxing were built on nail biters. You eliminate that when you put a guy down for having a tough battle with an opponent even if that guy isn't as well known.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Jun 6 2012, 01:32 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 6 2012, 01:35 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 6 2012, 11:23 AM) *

this is why i don't like hbo commentators. they don't know what the fuck they're talking about. jim and larry constantly shit on fighters and match ups. not every match up is going to produce fireworks. they miss all the subtle stuff that takes place during a match and if the fighters aren't pummeling each other like rock 'em sock 'em robots...they aren't happy. u add steward to that mix and they sound like grumpy old men. steward who knows more than all the commentators combined often follows suit with whatever larry and jim have to say when he knows better.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 6 2012, 01:40 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 6 2012, 01:30 PM) *
I think it brings up another point in that HBO announcers have kinda pissed on competitiveness. It's like they hate on a guy for not fighting top competition, but they want the big name guys to blow everyone out of the water. If you want the sport to last, then why wouldn't you embrace fights being tough? It's like they only want to see competitive fights if it's a marquee event. If a guy is fighting an up and comig fighter, then it better be a landslide. I personally like to see guys win tough fights. It lets me know that when the going gets tough; when things don't come easily said fighter won't cave in from the pressure. I thik it's part of the reason why guys don't take on rematches immediately after closely contested fights. I think they feel like if they don't blow the guy out of the water in the remath, then it's not even worth it. Some of the greatest rivalries in boxing were built on nail biters. You eliminate that when you put a guy down for having a tough battle with an opponent even if that guy isn't as well known.

i think the main problem with hbo is that they always have an agenda. if the opponent isn't cooperating with that agenda they undermine his efforts with bullshit comments or just piss on him outright. they manufacture situations and outcomes with their bullshit compubox and bullshit lederman. it's all spin. i know what it is i am seeing...i don't need jim lampley's "bang, bang, bang...." to let me know what's really happening. they often create controversy where there is none with their bullshit comments alone. it always makes me laugh when i go to boards and hear ppl regurgitate their bullshit verbatim.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 03:20 AM