Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BRADLEY VS MAYWEATHER, talk is Bradley deserves a shot
Jack 1000
post Oct 15 2013, 07:47 AM
Post #21

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Bradley is the flip-side of Mayweather. Not good enough to beat him, but good enough to give him problems by boxing and moving, using angles. I don't think Tim has the chin of Floyd or the defense of Floyd, but he can give Floyd some of the boxing tools that Mayweather uses on his own opponents to make this a touch chess match. I would pick Floyd by fair split decision in a close fight, with Floyd scoring a flash knockdown as the difference in the fight.

Wouldn't it be funny if Tim fought Floyd and beat him? Controversially or not. Bradley would make a historic note by beating both fighters in the proposed superfight that never took place.

I think Tim should fight Floyd. The fight won't happen because of Arum, but if it could, why not?

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Plah
post Oct 15 2013, 08:27 AM
Post #22

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,629

Tough fight for Floyd. Tim will fare better than Cotto imo. But ultimately the lack of punching power and Floyd's accuracy will be the difference. No way Floyd TKO's Tim.

+Quote Post
emd01
post Oct 15 2013, 11:56 AM
Post #23

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

I dont think Bradley could beat Canelo.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 15 2013, 12:41 PM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 14 2013, 11:41 PM) *
This year has been amazing as far as boxing goes, but this would be epic.

Bradley has had all my respect. The guy trains like a football player, treats boxing like an art and as a warrior, and his diet in training is remarkable (lots of props because I know how hard that type of nutrition is).

His speed and activity would definitely trouble mayweather and he also knows how to apply smart pressure. But as others have said mayweathers accurate, and it will take its toll I suspect.

But Bradley is a dawg!!!!

It really has, I'm hoping 2014 is an even better year....need to keep the momentum going

It sucks that somebody who puts the work in to be elite doesn't get the credit but he always had my respect. I picked against him when he fought Holt and Peterson and when he won his first title but he made me a believer. His ring IQ is underrated too. A fight between he and Mayweather Jr should be on everyone's wishlist

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 15 2013, 12:44 PM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (emd01 @ Oct 15 2013, 11:56 AM) *

Don't be so sure of that, Canelo has problems with fighters with the ability of a Tim Bradley. Canelo should be 0-2 this year, Trout beat him imo and Mayweather Jr showed just how far Canelo had to go to get to the pinnacle of the sport. Bradley won't make himself available to be hit by Canelo, that's a difficult fight for Canelo

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 15 2013, 12:45 PM
Post #26

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Plah @ Oct 15 2013, 08:27 AM) *
Tough fight for Floyd. Tim will fare better than Cotto imo. But ultimately the lack of punching power and Floyd's accuracy will be the difference. No way Floyd TKO's Tim.

Speed and accuracy kill

+Quote Post
NoCatchweights
post Oct 15 2013, 01:02 PM
Post #27

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,908

QUOTE (emd01 @ Oct 15 2013, 11:56 AM) *

I would pick Canelo but Bradley can win, if that had been Canelo Saturday Bradley would have won.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 15 2013, 01:23 PM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 15 2013, 01:41 PM) *
It really has, I'm hoping 2014 is an even better year....need to keep the momentum going

It sucks that somebody who puts the work in to be elite doesn't get the credit but he always had my respect. I picked against him when he fought Holt and Peterson and when he won his first title but he made me a believer. His ring IQ is underrated too. A fight between he and Mayweather Jr should be on everyone's wishlist

The holt fight basically says everything you need to know about the guy, he's a no bullshit fighter with a motor that won't quit. I won't lie I thought Peterson could have won that fight but that boy Bradley doesn't know how to lose! Lol

He's a very smart fighter.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Oct 15 2013, 05:55 PM
Post #29

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 15 2013, 08:47 AM) *
Bradley is the flip-side of Mayweather. Not good enough to beat him, but good enough to give him problems by boxing and moving, using angles. I don't think Tim has the chin of Floyd or the defense of Floyd, but he can give Floyd some of the boxing tools that Mayweather uses on his own opponents to make this a touch chess match. I would pick Floyd by fair split decision in a close fight, with Floyd scoring a flash knockdown as the difference in the fight.

Wouldn't it be funny if Tim fought Floyd and beat him? Controversially or not. Bradley would make a historic note by beating both fighters in the proposed superfight that never took place.

I think Tim should fight Floyd. The fight won't happen because of Arum, but if it could, why not?

Jack

Gotta disagree w/ you there, Jack, a.k.a. FH Yoda. I don't think it's a SD and if May can flash knock him down, it's game on. To offset that "flash knockdown", Tim will likely have to be more aggressive (not the guy you wanna trail). I like Tim, but let's not get enamored w/ what he does against a stationary targets. Early on, I'll admit, it will be interesting, but as that fight goes on, there will be nothing "split" about that fight, other than Bradley's wig. He throws waaaay too wide at times and Floyd, like a batter, is sittin' on fastballs. Let's not forget Floyd's 72" reach compared to Tim's 69". I think it'll be interesting early on and Bradley will have his moments. However, that "I will die in the ring" mentality that likes to show up briefly, may get his "on" switch turned off.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 15 2013, 06:46 PM
Post #30

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 15 2013, 06:55 PM) *
Gotta disagree w/ you there, Jack, a.k.a. FH Yoda. I don't think it's a SD and if May can flash knock him down, it's game on. To offset that "flash knockdown", Tim will likely have to be more aggressive (not the guy you wanna trail). I like Tim, but let's not get enamored w/ what he does against a stationary targets. Early on, I'll admit, it will be interesting, but as that fight goes on, there will be nothing "split" about that fight, other than Bradley's wig. He throws waaaay too wide at times and Floyd, like a batter, is sittin' on fastballs. Let's not forget Floyd's 72" reach compared to Tim's 69". I think it'll be interesting early on and Bradley will have his moments. However, that "I will die in the ring" mentality that likes to show up briefly, may get his "on" switch turned off.

Good breakdown bro

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 02:07 AM