> Just rewatched Mayweather vs Mosley, Questions
Dolimite
post Feb 21 2014, 12:04 PM
Post #41

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 21 2014, 09:11 AM) *
Floyd was determined to not get hit with a shot like that from Shane again, he became a completely different boxer in the ring that night and that is one of my favorite Floyd performances

I think all fighters have a mean streak but not all perform well when they've been upset or agitated by their opponents. Mayweather takes his game to a higher level when he's mad at his opponent

Jordan played well when he was mad and sick. LeBron has the quality as well. The greats step up.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Feb 21 2014, 12:30 PM
Post #42

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 21 2014, 11:11 AM) *
Floyd was determined to not get hit with a shot like that from Shane again, he became a completely different boxer in the ring that night and that is one of my favorite Floyd performances

I think all fighters have a mean streak but not all perform well when they've been upset or agitated by their opponents. Mayweather takes his game to a higher level when he's mad at his opponent

As cliche' as the above "bolded" words may be, rarely has it been more applicable. There was "history", dare I say angst b/t he and Shane. IMO, this was apparent in the 24/7 build up. You could tell he was hell bent on stopping Shane, b/c IMO, he's held a grudge from the days where I think he feels, both Shane and Oscar were "icing" him out of the big $$$, by not fighting him. He made reference to that, by saying, (paraphrasing) "NOW Shane wants to fight, b/c he has no other options for big $$$$..." I think that Shane fight is possibly a lil' preview of what to expect should he and Emmanuel ever share the same ring, on the same night, at the same time.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Feb 21 2014, 04:11 PM
Post #43

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 21 2014, 12:30 PM) *
As cliche' as the above "bolded" words may be, rarely has it been more applicable. There was "history", dare I say angst b/t he and Shane. IMO, this was apparent in the 24/7 build up. You could tell he was hell bent on stopping Shane, b/c IMO, he's held a grudge from the days where I think he feels, both Shane and Oscar were "icing" him out of the big $$$, by not fighting him. He made reference to that, by saying, (paraphrasing) "NOW Shane wants to fight, b/c he has no other options for big $$$$..." I think that Shane fight is possibly a lil' preview of what to expect should he and Emmanuel ever share the same ring, on the same night, at the same time.

Good analysis.. Mayweather would try to tear Pacs head off -- the mean streak would be on display for sure. Manny might want to get his IRS money from somewhere else.. Floyd will wreck his ass

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 21 2014, 04:50 PM
Post #44

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 21 2014, 11:30 AM) *

Yes there was some history there. I do agree that he felt some type of way about Oscar and Shane not fighting him before they did. I remember an interview he did back before the Oscar fight where he kinda alluded to not being bigger then he was because he wasn't getting the big fights

I think a potential fight between him and Manny would be better then many expect it to be. I didn't think so before but I do now. Yes, Manny isn't the same and he's lost x amount of fights but everybody gives their best when they're fighting Floyd and add that to the history of false starts with negotiations, the back and forth in the media. We would be in for something special. Floyd would have anger but so will Manny

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Feb 21 2014, 04:51 PM

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Feb 21 2014, 07:17 PM
Post #45

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 21 2014, 04:50 PM) *
Yes there was some history there. I do agree that he felt some type of way about Oscar and Shane not fighting him before they did. I remember an interview he did back before the Oscar fight where he kinda alluded to not being bigger then he was because he wasn't getting the big fights

I think a potential fight between him and Manny would be better then many expect it to be. I didn't think so before but I do now. Yes, Manny isn't the same and he's lost x amount of fights but everybody gives their best when they're fighting Floyd and add that to the history of false starts with negotiations, the back and forth in the media. We would be in for something special. Floyd would have anger but so will Manny

manny's anger and aggressiveness got him KOd by marquez..Floyd's anger is controlled and he raises his game.. Angry Mayweather gets the aggressive Manny like Marquez with a counter shot

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 08:42 AM