IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

33 Pages V  « < 31 32 33  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ShowtimePPV@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Canelo vs. Lara-SPOILERS, No New Threads or Public Streams(Free Showtime Fight@4:30PT/7:30ET)
Cshel86
post Jul 16 2014, 01:16 PM
Post #321

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jul 16 2014, 01:55 PM) *
What you say makes mucho sense... I just cannot see why Canelo would not do like Floyd and offer an immediate rematch to the guy who make him look bad and he did not win emphatically against. I have not been high on Canelo, yet if he is considered to be the face of boxing etc... I just don't see how he does not try to make a statement against Lara in a rematch

The fact that he gave Lara a chance to be on PPV with him, says alot. As we all saw, those Angulo numbers weren't anything to talk about, so you already know who those Lara numbers are gonna look.

Lara's knocked dudes clean out, so that should've been the headline last Saturday night after the fight. Instead, it went to the cards, and it hurt Lara. Honestly, Lara could've beaten the stuffing out of Canelo, and he still would've lost on the cards. I know that Lara isn't the most aggressive of the bunch, but he does have enough skill, speed, and precision to get a guy outta there.

He's knocked guys out, even after usign his legs as much as does, so I can't see why it didn't happen. It's not like I'm being unrealistic and asking Trout to knock Canelo out (which he should've aimed for), but we all know that Lara's capable of putting a guy on the deck.

You can't make the case of wondering why Canelo doesn't rematch Lara, since he's considered the face of boxing, when in all essence, the true face of boxing has yet to fight Pacquiao, but guys here will defend that fight not happening, to the bitter end. Most of yall thought Canelo would never give Lara the shot, but again, he did and Lara didn't make the most of it...so, is that Canelo's fault?

I know we're talking about a fight that has happened, vs a fight that will never happen, but my point is, if folks consider Floyd the face of boxing and he's yet to give the world a fight that they want, then Canelo shouldn't be criticized for not giving an immediate rematch for a fight that most felt was boring, close, indecisive, a head-scratcher, etc.

My point is, we as boxing fans need to be consistent with our logic and expectations. If it's good enough for one fighter (which may have happen to be your favorite), then others shouldn't be exempt from it, because they aren't what you like in a fighter.

We can't have it both ways...kinda reminds me of when Froch blitzed Bute and everybody was saying how Froch resurrected his career and so on, but in the same sentence, they barked about how much of a bum Bute was. Exactly how much credit would most of yall have given Lara, if he stopped Canelo? Sad thing is, people are saying that Canelo is being protected, and isn't an elite fighter (which I wouldn't go as far as saying either).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 16 2014, 03:37 PM
Post #322

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Interesting comments on the fight here:

http://ringtalk.com/canelo-vs-larathe-psyc...ring#more-44608

Credit: Ringtalk.com

Jack

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 16 2014, 11:23 PM
Post #323

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 16 2014, 12:20 AM) *
Unfortunately,

I don't think the Showtime people would be happy with an unauthorized stream, so we would not be able to allow it on the public forum thread. You can however PM the link to someone who may want to see it, but not on the forum. We would not ban you for posting the link in public, but would have to remove it. We can't have any unauthorized links to fights on here.

Jack

Administrator

Thanks Jack, I don't want no problems lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 16 2014, 11:23 PM
Post #324

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 16 2014, 01:16 PM) *
The fact that he gave Lara a chance to be on PPV with him, says alot. As we all saw, those Angulo numbers weren't anything to talk about, so you already know who those Lara numbers are gonna look.

Lara's knocked dudes clean out, so that should've been the headline last Saturday night after the fight. Instead, it went to the cards, and it hurt Lara. Honestly, Lara could've beaten the stuffing out of Canelo, and he still would've lost on the cards. I know that Lara isn't the most aggressive of the bunch, but he does have enough skill, speed, and precision to get a guy outta there.

He's knocked guys out, even after usign his legs as much as does, so I can't see why it didn't happen. It's not like I'm being unrealistic and asking Trout to knock Canelo out (which he should've aimed for), but we all know that Lara's capable of putting a guy on the deck.

You can't make the case of wondering why Canelo doesn't rematch Lara, since he's considered the face of boxing, when in all essence, the true face of boxing has yet to fight Pacquiao, but guys here will defend that fight not happening, to the bitter end. Most of yall thought Canelo would never give Lara the shot, but again, he did and Lara didn't make the most of it...so, is that Canelo's fault?

I know we're talking about a fight that has happened, vs a fight that will never happen, but my point is, if folks consider Floyd the face of boxing and he's yet to give the world a fight that they want, then Canelo shouldn't be criticized for not giving an immediate rematch for a fight that most felt was boring, close, indecisive, a head-scratcher, etc.

My point is, we as boxing fans need to be consistent with our logic and expectations. If it's good enough for one fighter (which may have happen to be your favorite), then others shouldn't be exempt from it, because they aren't what you like in a fighter.

We can't have it both ways...kinda reminds me of when Froch blitzed Bute and everybody was saying how Froch resurrected his career and so on, but in the same sentence, they barked about how much of a bum Bute was. Exactly how much credit would most of yall have given Lara, if he stopped Canelo? Sad thing is, people are saying that Canelo is being protected, and isn't an elite fighter (which I wouldn't go as far as saying either).

So what's your official prediction on the PPV #'s?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 17 2014, 08:35 AM
Post #325

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 17 2014, 12:23 AM) *
So what's your official prediction on the PPV #'s?

Man, I hate to be negative here, but I put it lower than the Angulo numbers...hell, maybe somewhere around the Hopkins/Dawson 1 numbers...that low number that nobody wants to discuss. If anything, this fight with Lara messed up Canelo's percentage, lol.

EDIT: Now that I'm reading around, it looks like Hopkins/Dawson did under 100k buys...some rumors are saying that it did 40k buys. I usually don't follow rumors, but, if your numbers are being reported at an all time low of 40k buys, then the true numbers can't be all that high anyway. Lol

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Jul 17 2014, 08:31 PM
Post #326

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Cshel. Boy you Cray if you think Lara/Canelo did around 100K, you dont give Lara/Canelo/ and GBP enough credit... With all the promotion they had on regular cable i'm sure it did about the same as Canelo/Angulo... I think canelo vs Anyone could be a consistent 300k buys as long as its a interesting fight, which that fight was.

I believe it did the same as Canelo/Angulo or even better this time around. but only better by alil bit. like if Canelo/Angulo did 350k, then i think Canelo/Lara did 400k. Just slightly more... Just sucks because Lara has the shitty cuban support, which isn't his fault, but his country just isnt in the best condition. Mexico isn't in the best condition either but atleast Canelo is celebrated in his Country, for Lara its the complete opposite.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 17 2014, 08:52 PM
Post #327

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 17 2014, 08:35 AM) *
Man, I hate to be negative here, but I put it lower than the Angulo numbers...hell, maybe somewhere around the Hopkins/Dawson 1 numbers...that low number that nobody wants to discuss. If anything, this fight with Lara messed up Canelo's percentage, lol.

EDIT: Now that I'm reading around, it looks like Hopkins/Dawson did under 100k buys...some rumors are saying that it did 40k buys. I usually don't follow rumors, but, if your numbers are being reported at an all time low of 40k buys, then the true numbers can't be all that high anyway. Lol

You just had to bring up Hopkins-Dawson 1 didn't you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 19 2014, 09:29 PM
Post #328

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

I just rewatched the fight, Canelo did not win. I'm sorry. At worse a draw. Lara won by two rounds maybe even three. A rematch is needed. Canelo's corner don't look sure. On the British tv they had it split but all Showtime seemed to favor Lara. Teddy was right. The house fighter won.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 22 2014, 11:25 AM
Post #329

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Jovi @ Jul 17 2014, 09:31 PM) *
Cshel. Boy you Cray if you think Lara/Canelo did around 100K, you dont give Lara/Canelo/ and GBP enough credit... With all the promotion they had on regular cable i'm sure it did about the same as Canelo/Angulo... I think canelo vs Anyone could be a consistent 300k buys as long as its a interesting fight, which that fight was.

I believe it did the same as Canelo/Angulo or even better this time around. but only better by alil bit. like if Canelo/Angulo did 350k, then i think Canelo/Lara did 400k. Just slightly more... Just sucks because Lara has the shitty cuban support, which isn't his fault, but his country just isnt in the best condition. Mexico isn't in the best condition either but atleast Canelo is celebrated in his Country, for Lara its the complete opposite.

I wouldn't say the numbers were that horrible, but to say that it even slightly exceeded the 300k range, is a stretch. Lara isn't a seller, so I can't see him outselling the Canelo/Angulo fight, sorry.

You may get caught up in these All Access segments and feel for these fighters, but it's not enough to help sell this one.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 17 2014, 09:52 PM) *
You just had to bring up Hopkins-Dawson 1 didn't you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I remember how your girl was acting at that fight!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 22 2014, 11:26 AM
Post #330

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 19 2014, 10:29 PM) *
I just rewatched the fight, Canelo did not win. I'm sorry. At worse a draw. Lara won by two rounds maybe even three. A rematch is needed. Canelo's corner don't look sure. On the British tv they had it split but all Showtime seemed to favor Lara. Teddy was right. The house fighter won.

You can stop failing now, we've pretty much beat this discussion to the ground, and you're not saying anything new.

+Quote Post

33 Pages V  « < 31 32 33
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 01:14 PM