Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Broner vs Garcia
leonthegee
post Nov 19 2012, 09:10 AM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,401

Mark it down. This will happen by the end of 2013, assuming Garcia gets past Judah. This could be Broners first PPV fight and the 24/7 would be epic. Starting with Angel Garcia throwing Broners brush in the trash at the press conference.

Main Event: Broner vs Garcia
Co Main Event: Josesito Lopez vs Lucas Matthysse
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 19 2012, 09:49 AM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

LMAO @ Angel Garcia throwing Broner's brush in the trash. Follow that by Broner's pops eating Angel Garcia and using his bones as a comb for Broner's newly grown fro lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 19 2012, 10:18 AM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Man, Danny's dad just needs his own show, period. They'd be doing him an injustice by sharing a 30 minute segment with his son and his opponent. That dude is wild!

Anyhow, I think Broner still needs that defining fight. I mean the Demarco fight was okay, but Linares could've finished Demarco, had he had some pop to his punches. That's like somebody beating Antonio Margarito, he throws a lot of punches, but he's slow, stationary, and doesn't use head movement.

Garcia has had his defining fight thus far...he stopped Khan, which hasn't been done in years, and actually took some of Khan's shine. Broner hasn't beaten a guy with a lot of shine, but that may be due to the fighters in the division that lack that appeal.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Nov 19 2012, 10:36 AM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 19 2012, 08:18 AM) *
Man, Danny's dad just needs his own show, period. They'd be doing him an injustice by sharing a 30 minute segment with his son and his opponent. That dude is wild!

Anyhow, I think Broner still needs that defining fight. I mean the Demarco fight was okay, but Linares could've finished Demarco, had he had some pop to his punches. That's like somebody beating Antonio Margarito, he throws a lot of punches, but he's slow, stationary, and doesn't use head movement.

Garcia has had his defining fight thus far...he stopped Khan, which hasn't been done in years, and actually took some of Khan's shine. Broner hasn't beaten a guy with a lot of shine, but that may be due to the fighters in the division that lack that appeal.

I dont see anybody at 135 giving Broner that defining fight. He unifies with Burns then moves up. No way GBP risks anybody knoking the kid off.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Nov 19 2012, 12:41 PM
Post #5

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

I think Broner stops Garcia, what I want to see is Broner vs Matthysse.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 19 2012, 03:04 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

first of all...props to broner for dominating demarco. that was a real test that he passed with flying colors.

there aren't any real tests left for broner at 135. at 140 there are more than a few great fights to be made! i like garcia/broner...but i think broner takes that one. it'll be a stern test though. i think matthysse would be a really good fight. bradley is another that comes to mind. i'm looking forward to some good fights from broner. the competition is only going up from here. i don't see the garcia/broner fight happening because of the al haymon connection. maybe further down the line...but not now.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 19 2012, 03:34 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Nov 19 2012, 10:36 AM) *
I dont see anybody at 135 giving Broner that defining fight. He unifies with Burns then moves up. No way GBP risks anybody knoking the kid off.

Me either...nobody there sticks out. I agree with you as well on GBP not risking anybody knocking him off. As history has proven, it's always the hungrier, unknown fighter not-so-elite skills, who upsets the fan favorite. I

believe the Burns fight is in the works, and he better bring his ass to the U.S. for the fight...I've yet to see a fighter get famous fighting and winning in other countries...but I DO remember the 42-1 favorite Mike Tyson getting famously getting smashed by Douglas in Tokyo, Japan...and they were both American. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 19 2012, 03:55 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Garcia could give broner a lot of trouble because of his good jab and very good timing but I think broner beats him. Garcia is best in exchanges and counters but in a fight with broner I think he would be forced to be the aggressor and broner wouldn't give him chances to counter. But it would be interesting. Lucas needs to have a crack at both of these guys but at this point in his career I think he's just too scary for his own good.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Nov 19 2012, 04:57 PM
Post #9

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 19 2012, 10:18 AM) *

Hmmmm...my opinion is, he won't get it w/ Garcia. I think Danny is a good, young fighter, but I'm not so high on him. As far as stopping Khan, I think you make that a more lofty accomplishment than it really is. I mean, Khan has been/is/always will be "chinny" and it was only a matter of time before someone reminded us, exactly how delicate of a flower he has doubling as his mandible. LOL. Moreover, let us not forget, Khan was winning that fight easily before he decided to imitate Zab a la the Kostya fight. Even before that, in Morales I, he, Danny, was getting more than he wanted, I'm sure. MORALES!!!! Let me be clear: He is nothing remotely close to "garbage"....again, he's a good young fighter, but I think people are forcing us to like him more than we should....kinda like when the fashion world tells you Kate Moss his one of the most beautiful women walking the planet. <---- word?

My point is (finally, I know), I don't see Danny being THAT much of a problem for him. I see Rios being more of a problem, if for no other reason, I want to see how Broner keeps him off of him.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Nov 19 2012, 04:59 PM
Post #10

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Plah @ Nov 19 2012, 12:41 PM) *
I think Broner stops Garcia, what I want to see is Broner vs Matthysse.

Uuuuugggghhhhh....Matthysse is my dude!!!!! I favor Broner, b/c he seems to have a good "ticker"....he'll need it messin' 'round w/ Matthysse.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 02:21 PM