IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Khan vs Garcia, (Poll Added) Thanks Checkleft!
Khan vs Garcia
Who takes it?
Garcia by decision (close) [ 1 ] ** [20.00%]
Garcia by decision (wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Garcia by KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Khan by decision (close) [ 1 ] ** [20.00%]
Khan by decision (wide) [ 1 ] ** [20.00%]
Khan by KO/TKO [ 2 ] ** [40.00%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate loser in response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 5

xxxxxx
post May 25 2012, 04:16 PM
Post #21

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (wolterb @ May 25 2012, 07:51 AM) *
only garcia fight i've caught was the morales bout...does he have a solid chance against khan? from what i saw, garcia looked tense and apprehensive to throw. think he'll have a better outing against a fighter he may not respect as much?

Garcia is a decent fighter, but he don't win this fight unless he KO's Khan which I don't see happening.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 25 2012, 07:25 PM
Post #22

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ May 25 2012, 05:16 PM) *
Garcia is a decent fighter, but he don't win this fight unless he KO's Khan which I don't see happening.

I agree. Im not sure how he'll do that, because he isn't ring savvy enough to get on the inside w/o brawling and he starts engaging well, but then stops in midstreak for some odd reason. Khan moves too much and punches in volumes, this fight will be nothing more than Khan circling Garcia all night.

It all depends on how Khan decides to fight. If he decides to fight head-up, then we'll get a treat. If he does the usual run, throw combinations, and run again, then let's not be surprised.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 25 2012, 08:35 PM
Post #23

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I think its sad that Khan isnt better than he is. Freddy hasnt developed his skills. His raw talent..yes. Khan has no ring savvy though. Him and Manny are like the Clippers. Tons of explosiveness and raw talent, but when you get a few guys in there that can withstand their initial attack and slow things down (Spurs); when it becomes a battle of the minds instead of physical attributes, they struggle. When Khan throws his arsenal, he looks ultra impressive. When hes done, hes lookin around like ok whats next. Thats when he gets to that running around the ring like a circus act.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 26 2012, 02:09 AM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 25 2012, 08:35 PM) *
I think its sad that Khan isnt better than he is. Freddy hasnt developed his skills. His raw talent..yes. Khan has no ring savvy though. Him and Manny are like the Clippers. Tons of explosiveness and raw talent, but when you get a few guys in there that can withstand their initial attack and slow things down (Spurs); when it becomes a battle of the minds instead of physical attributes, they struggle. When Khan throws his arsenal, he looks ultra impressive. When hes done, hes lookin around like ok whats next. Thats when he gets to that running around the ring like a circus act.

I like the comparison, definitely agree. I don't think Garcia can slow it down to that popavich pace though, if anything I think this will be like the time Khan fought Paulie.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 30 2012, 08:37 AM
Post #25

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Still cant believe this fight was made. Are they working on unifying the titles? Any word back Amir's belts?

+Quote Post
Sunni6Killer
post Jun 1 2012, 06:31 PM
Post #26

Flyweight

Member No.: 10,998

Khan by schooling.
Garcia will be shock, this isn't an old Morales.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 4 2012, 10:22 PM
Post #27

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

I dont know how much of this you guys can actually sit through, but here it goes...

Sad shit, but this is what happens when people get money. Why in the fuck did I even go to college? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif)

I wonder if Khan happens to have a rap video out there. He seems to think he's "down" from time to time. Look like he wears big chains, fitted hats, and says the 'N' word on his spare time too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Jun 5 2012, 04:55 AM
Post #28

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 30 2012, 08:37 AM) *
Still cant believe this fight was made. Are they working on unifying the titles? Any word back Amir's belts?

I'm with you Cshel. I was surprised Golden Boy made this one also, but with Peterson failing the drug test it really through a curve ball at Golden Boy and they had to get a legit guy in here for Khan. Last I heard about the World Titles is the WBA was gonna prolly vacate the Title and put it on the line, but the IBF may stay with Peterson. We should know by Mid June.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 5 2012, 03:53 PM
Post #29

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Regardless of the outcome, I have a lot of respect for GBP for making this fight. This move was full of balls. Putting 2 guys against each other in their ascend to notoriety...guys who have a legit shot at killing each other's buzz...that's big time. That's what boxing needs! I think GBP does some shady shit, especially in the state of Texas, but this fight makes me happy lol

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 5 2012, 06:01 PM
Post #30

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 4 2012, 10:22 PM) *
I dont know how much of this you guys can actually sit through, but here it goes...

Sad shit, but this is what happens when people get money. Why in the fuck did I even go to college? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif)

I wonder if Khan happens to have a rap video out there. He seems to think he's "down" from time to time. Look like he wears big chains, fitted hats, and says the 'N' word on his spare time too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

the videos kids make these days...i don't think they realize this shit stays in cyber space. there's no retracting any of this shit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

as for this fight being made....everyone is cashing out because the world is going to end in december. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 05:28 PM