IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Beta Chatroom Invite List and Bug Report (NO FIGHT SPOILERS), This is only for name invites/bugs to report with the chat!
Jack 1000
post Apr 12 2014, 02:19 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Guys,

This will be our invite list to get into our new Beta Chatroom. NO INFORMATION ABOUT THE FIGHT SHOULD BE IN THIS THREAD. ONLY TWO TYPES OF POSTS:

1.) Your registered Fighthype user-name to request an invite or.

2.) Any bugs with the software that you find.

Any and all round-by-round updates must go in the traditional round-by-round spoiler thread OR discussed in the chatroom ONLY! Violations of this rule may result in us being forced to not use that chat system in the future. See the Pacquiao-Bradley thread page 1-SPOILER thread for specific instructions about the chat software and how to use this new feature.

3.) This is a link to the chatroom (also in Pacquiao-Bradley SPOILER thread.)

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23f...hype&uio=d4

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 12 2014, 11:15 PM
Post #2

The Consultant

My chat screen shows nobody in the room. (as of 11:15PM(CST)

Jack

+Quote Post
Col Reb
post Apr 13 2014, 12:35 AM
Post #3

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,564

As does mine right now. Did people use the chat? I'm the only one in here now.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 13 2014, 12:59 AM
Post #4

The Consultant

We had server problems that affected the whole site. Most likely due to heavy traffic on the homepage. (Where Ben does the fight updates.) We will note this for future use.

Jack

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 13 2014, 06:07 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

are people managing to join the channel?? i thought it was set to invite only.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 13 2014, 01:53 PM
Post #6

The Consultant

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 13 2014, 06:07 AM) *
are people managing to join the channel?? i thought it was set to invite only.

That's what I was trying to figure out.

When I got in, I didn't have to do anything, I just got in, and my impression was the mods/admins could get in without registering, but everyone had to go through the instruction process. However, when portions of the site all went down, although briefly due to server overloads, my impression was that:

1.) People either forgot about the chat.
2.) People were watching at a bar or friends' place and didn't have time to do the registration process. OR
3.) They saw nobody in the room, waited for a few minutes, and than left, posting in our traditional round by round thread

We didn't really "learn" anything from a positive or negative experience with the chatroom this first night. My recommendation is at least another Beta run for the next HBO or Showtime fight, just to see what happens.

Users, do us a favor. Go to the Chatroom link first post above, and report back in here if you can get in: If you GET IN:

1.) Did you have to complete the registration steps?
2.) Do you see anyone else in the room?

Post back in here what you find. Thanks!

Jack

Administrator

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 13 2014, 02:10 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 13 2014, 07:53 PM) *
That's what I was trying to figure out.

When I got in, I didn't have to do anything, I just got in, and my impression was the mods/admins could get in without registering, but everyone had to go through the instruction process. However, when portions of the site all went down, although briefly due to server overloads, my impression was that:

1.) People either forgot about the chat.
2.) People were watching at a bar or friends' place and didn't have time to do the registration process. OR
3.) They saw nobody in the room, waited for a few minutes, and than left, posting in our traditional round by round thread

We didn't really "learn" anything from a positive or negative experience with the chatroom this first night. My recommendation is at least another Beta run for the next HBO or Showtime fight, just to see what happens.

Users, do us a favor. Go to the Chatroom link first post above, and report back in here if you can get in: If you GET IN:

1.) Did you have to complete the registration steps?
2.) Do you see anyone else in the room?

Post back in here what you find. Thanks!

Jack

Administrator

Ah see this chat is completely seperate from the forums in terms of permission. What username where you using on it so I can just add you to the invite list. Then you should just be able to invite yourself to join.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 13 2014, 03:10 PM
Post #8

The Consultant

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 13 2014, 02:10 PM) *
Ah see this chat is completely seperate from the forums in terms of permission. What username where you using on it so I can just add you to the invite list. Then you should just be able to invite yourself to join.

I tried some different ones. If we get this finalized, I will be Jack 1000 (same as the forum.) But why was I able to get in without needing to go through any registration process at all? It's cool if you changed a setting so mods won't have to go through that process! But did the other users who tried it have to get in through the invite process, or did they just pick a user name and they were in?

Jack

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 13 2014, 03:29 PM
Post #9

The Consultant

Now,

Can't get in at all.

I bolded a part of the instructions that may be confusing people.

a. /msg NickServ REGISTER <password> <youremail@example.com> (Where, when, or how, do you get to this prompt?)

Fight Hype Chatroom link: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23f...hype&uio=d4
1. Go log into the chat, you will receive this error the first time

#fighthype Cannot join channel (+r) - you need to be identified with services

You will have to register the username you can do this like this:

a. /msg NickServ REGISTER <password> <youremail@example.com>
b. use a valid email, and youll receive a command to paste in to confirm

2. Post your name on the forums so we can invite you in

3. After this when connecting just tick the box that says Auth to services: and input your username and password

4. When in you can invite anybody else, that way we don't need to depend on a mod on all the time as long as the community keeps things in check

To invite someone:
/Invite username #fighthype

To permanently add someone to the invite list(I think this can only be done by mods):
/mode #fighthype +I $a:<persons username>

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 13 2014, 05:24 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

just paste that into the window where it shows the error. At the bottom

The am forcing people to register than pick random nicknames, is that then I can add them to the invite list and they can just invite themelves. Since if there trusted people of the forum we don't need to worry about them spamming links all over the place.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 12:25 PM