Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Floyd Vs. Trout?
duwdu
post Feb 10 2013, 07:53 AM
Post #11

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,536

This issue is getting nowhere, and is beginning to get boring... Let Floyd/GBP just offer Guerrero $3mil so we can move on.

P34c3
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 10 2013, 08:16 AM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Feb 10 2013, 03:50 AM) *
Why would Floyd fight in the UK? Those fans are the worst. They handle loosing terrible. Why would anybody want to stand in the ring getting peppered with bottles after you beat their fighter? I doubt Floyd signs up for that.

I don't know about that, look at when Hatton lost recently.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Feb 10 2013, 09:44 AM
Post #13

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

I doubt Mayweather is going to come back and fight someone above his weight class. So come back almost off a whole year layoff and fight probably the biggest, strongest, and fastest JMW out there?! And Mayweather? Cmon let's be real. I doubt, no pun intended, Mayweather picks Trout. Trout is supposed to fighting Canelo first anyway! Canelo still needs a name to be worthy of fighting Mayweather too.

Robert guerrero is ranked #3 welterweight (with bradley, above pacquiao!). When Mayweather fought Marquez and Mosely, they were both at #3 in Welterweight. So I guess this may be the next fight then. I have no idea how he made it that far up, but hey to each his own. Him demanding more money is just him using his luck. He is going to get PPV$ too anyway right? 2.5 could be low but just give him 3 million because he is only ranked 3. kick in the nuts haha

Amir Khan is probably the safest pick he can have. Easy Paycheck. But if he was going to pick Khan he should done it at the beginning of the year. Khan should've been his warmup fight for the rest of the year. Would still probably chilling off that 30-40 million paycheck. Damm that would be nice.

Yuri Gamboa was a crazy pic of mine, but at this point. Never say never, people will do crazy things for money. With the weight jump it wouldn't be wise. Yuri has been calling out Mayweather for as long as the other choices, he is undefeated, a gold medalist, has a fanbase and with 50 cent in the picture with their "beef" the fight promotion would be handled easily...If Robert Guerrero deserves a shot at Mayweather than Gamboa definitely does too no question...

This post has been edited by Jovi: Feb 10 2013, 09:45 AM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 10 2013, 10:30 AM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 9 2013, 09:43 PM) *
Yup, thats the way i see it too. Guerrero knows exactly how much he's worth because Floyd wants no part of Trout or Alverez. Guerrero is the last man standing. If Floyd doesnt take any of these 3 fights then he loses credibility. Perhaps he stays retired. OR, he takes on Paulie Malignaggi in MSG. Somehow I'm sure his fans will be cool with that.

In what universe is Guerrero worth 4 million dollars? Cotto didn't even get that much money! Why does Roberto deserves 4 million? Who exactly has he beaten? Victor Ortiz didn't get 4 million JMM didn't get 4 million. Explain this to me!

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 10 2013, 11:19 AM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Cotto received 8 million. JMM received 3.2 million, but Mayweather himself received 10 million in that fight, so the its a ratio type of thing. I think 4 million is fair enough since Mayweather will walk out with something like 25 million plus.

This post has been edited by mgrover: Feb 10 2013, 11:30 AM

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Feb 10 2013, 12:12 PM
Post #16

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 9 2013, 08:40 PM) *
Amir Khan would be a perfect opponent! UK fans travel well and they love Floyd. Amir has the mouth needed to sell this fight and not only that but Ricky Hatton could make a guess appearance on 24/7! Plus I would love to hear Virgil Hunter and Floyd Sr. strategies against one another. Good thoughts bro.

In terms of everything besides legacy this fight would be beneficial. And even enetertaining. I'd pay to see it. But at this point even with Virgil Hunter, i dont think ANYONE would get credit for beating Amir Khan. Exposure? Definitely, but credit? No. He is talented without a doubt but his glass jaw, tendency to get knocked out, and his loses in the biggest fights throughout his career outweigh his talent. As a HUGE Mayweather fan if i hear Mayweather Vs. Khan for May 4, please move Andre Ward to number 1 P4p...

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 10 2013, 11:19 AM) *
Cotto received 8 million. JMM received 3.2 million, but Mayweather himself received 10 million in that fight, so the its a ratio type of thing. I think 4 million is fair enough since Mayweather will walk out with something like 25 million plus.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 10 2013, 12:07 AM) *
guerrero is worth the 4 mil he's asking for. he is floyd's best option available. i'm not interested in seeing floyd fight khan. trout is the only other guy available. i seriously doubt floyd wants to fight trout.

As for Guerrero and that 4 million I guess it makes sense why he wants that purse. He knows Floyd has his back against the wall and in fact its smart of him to try to milk the situation as much as he can. But that doesn't mean thats what he's worth and i can't respect him for turning down that 2.5. His highest purse to date is 1 million. He'd be getting 250% more than he's ever made and this man won't fight because he wants 4 million ?! C'MONSON. As I mentioned before Victor Oritz had a FAR more extensive and impressive campaign at 140-147 and he stayed in his place and held on tight to his 2.5. Why can't Guerrero do the same? For a man that has no paper views, no belt at 147, who was unknown to even casual boxing fans 2 fights ago he sure has his nose held high. Why should he get half of what Cotto got? He hasn't contributed or accomplished half of what Cotto has in the sport and Cotto is the 3rd biggest draw in boxing with over 3 million ppv's!! Cotto broke records at MSG! No way in hell Guerrero deserves 4 million. He brings nothing to the table and win lose or draw he's the only one truly gaining from this situation.

Guerrero is no Roberto Duran. At least if he was a Force/Star at 135 with an impressive resume that jumped two weight classes. But this guy wasnt even that well known, publicized, or impressive.

This guy has been calling Floyd out for the past 2 years, claiming he wants to be the best. Claiming he wants to shock the world, and now when the opportunity is presented to him he gets money hungry? This guy is just trying to catch a come up.

I don't think anyone in Floyd's position would want to fight trout and i don't think Floyd will fight Trout. But thats the only viable option Floyd has unless Bundrage comes out victorious against Smith and Trout vs. Canelo happens on the undercard. Bundrage isn't a big draw either but if Floyd was willing to fight Alexander the great im sure they could make Bundrage work especially since Floyd/Bundrage are from Michigan. Bundrage is also very entertaining. But a Mayweather Bundrage fight is unlikely as well and thats not a fight i'd want to take after a layoff either. Floyd better hope Trout doesn't come out a Canelo fight with his hands raised because September will be a nightmare. Mayweather-Trout could go EITHER way.

I think someone mentioned Malinaggi. Malinaggi wants Maidanna so i don't think we'll see him in the ring with Floyd either.

QUOTE (Jovi @ Feb 10 2013, 09:44 AM) *
Yuri Gamboa was a crazy pic of mine, but at this point. Never say never, people will do crazy things for money. With the weight jump it wouldn't be wise. Yuri has been calling out Mayweather for as long as the other choices, he is undefeated, a gold medalist, has a fanbase and with 50 cent in the picture with their "beef" the fight promotion would be handled easily...If Robert Guerrero deserves a shot at Mayweather than Gamboa definitely does too no question...

As for Mayweather PEDboa lmaooo it would sure as hell be interesting /entertaining but Gamboa would get KTFO. And IF that fight materializes (coming from a big Mayweather fan) please put Floyd #3 P4P beneath Ward and Marquez. Floyd should just let Broner handle that on the undercard but Broner-Gamboa is to big of a fight to be an undercard fight.

This post has been edited by Marcus: Feb 10 2013, 12:35 PM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 10 2013, 01:45 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 10 2013, 09:19 AM) *

Cotto received 8 million? I thought it was less. I knew Marquez didn't reach 4 million. All I have to say is Guerrero can eat dog shit. This dude is pricing himself out way too much. He is the one who has been calling May out and now this dude doesn't want to sign the contract because he thinks he is worth more? If Mayweather would not budge to make the highest grossing fight in history than there is no way he is budging to Roberto on any means. I do respect Roberto for trying to strong arm Floyd but it doesn't make sense.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 10 2013, 09:08 PM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Wow, another Floyd vs TBA thread?

Gosh, some of you have no shame in clutching for straws to see who he'll fight next. It seems like guys just want bragging rights after he announces his opponent. As if it wasn't enough when he pumpfaked us with the Devon Alexander news, now this?!

I know guys will say, oh "He's the biggest name in the sport" blah, blah, blah. That's a fact, but this is starting to get out of hand.

While we're at it, is 2Pac still alive and hiding out somewhere??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 10 2013, 10:37 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Didn't this thread die like two minutes after someone posted it after trout beat miguel...?

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 11 2013, 05:21 AM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 10 2013, 06:45 PM) *
Cotto received 8 million? I thought it was less. I knew Marquez didn't reach 4 million. All I have to say is Guerrero can eat dog shit. This dude is pricing himself out way too much. He is the one who has been calling May out and now this dude doesn't want to sign the contract because he thinks he is worth more? If Mayweather would not budge to make the highest grossing fight in history than there is no way he is budging to Roberto on any means. I do respect Roberto for trying to strong arm Floyd but it doesn't make sense.

It kinda does, the minute he loses this fight while he maybe an exciting fighter he'll think he's redundant, I personally think the opposite will happen and that he will get a bigger fan base if he make May weather look a bit old. But like I said May weather walks out with 25+ million, I don't see the massive problem with letting the guy have 4 million. Just incase May weather isn't sure he's a draw they could always put a clause to say if we break 1 million ppvs he could have his 4 million otherwise its whatever there asking for

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 01:54 AM