IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Amir Khan, A lot of bark. Does he have the bite to match?
PR316
post Sep 23 2011, 03:47 PM
Post #41

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 107

^^Nahh. Pacquiao has a MUCH BETTER shot at Mayweather than Khan. Amir goes in straight lines and has no defense at all. Pac may not be Pernell Whitaker, but he uses angles, feints, and upper body movement to throw off his opponents.

I don't see how anyone could pick Khan over Ortiz with any type of certainty. Amir isn't the most intelligent guy in the ring and his punch resistance is very questionable, along with his defense, or lack there of. And though he's a good puncher, for the most part he doesn't commit to his shots because he's worried about the incoming.

A Khan-Ortiz fight could go either way and I think Ortiz has a good chance of KOing him.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Sep 25 2011, 09:36 AM
Post #42

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 11,536

In response to the original poser, no, Khan can't match his bark with his bite just yet; at 147, I believe Mike Jones will beat him. Those Khan legs just look as unsteady as mosquito legs to me, and will be even more so north of 140.

P34c3

+Quote Post
CrazyBuffalO
post Sep 25 2011, 10:12 AM
Post #43

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,128

Khan is overrated. Way overrated.

His wins were all mediocre. I mean I seriously don't even have any idea how he got much talked about.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 25 2011, 03:34 PM
Post #44

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Just watched Khan vs Judah a few minutes ago, smh. Freakin' Zab Judah man, smh. He talked us all into watching that fight, and he barely lifted a finger during those 5 rounds. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

This post has been edited by cshel86: Sep 25 2011, 03:39 PM

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Sep 25 2011, 03:34 PM
Post #45

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 11,536

QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Sep 25 2011, 10:12 AM) *
Khan is overrated. Way overrated.

His wins were all mediocre. I mean I seriously don't even have any idea how he got much talked about.

He gets talked about so much because he talks about himself and tweets so much, sometimes with reckless abandon. Also, it's my take that he is talked about so much because, along with Froch, he is the most visible British boxer on the world stage right now, so more British writers and commentators tend to mention/focus on him. But then, it is the era of self promotion. He has obviously learnt one or two things about self promotion from Mayweather.

P34c3

+Quote Post
brisgreat2007
post Sep 25 2011, 08:25 PM
Post #46

Amateur

Member No.: 12,935

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 23 2011, 07:44 AM) *
Yep Khan has had one KO loss. But then a first ballot hall of famer like Hopkins lost his first professional bout. Your point is?

Bhop began boxing in his late teens and early twenties. His early losses were literally the beginning of his career. Khan does NOT have power in both of his hands, he DOES have fast hands, he is an above average boxer, but like Manny he relies solely on his offensive abilities. A young JMM or Morales would rip Khan apart. Any decent counter puncher dominates Khan.

That's the difference between boxers and elite boxers. JMM, Morales and FMJ are all elite boxers, and I don't suspect any of them for using PED's. I can't say the same for anyone who trains with Freddie Roach or Alex Ariza.

+Quote Post
brisgreat2007
post Sep 25 2011, 08:27 PM
Post #47

Amateur

Member No.: 12,935

QUOTE (PR316 @ Sep 23 2011, 04:47 PM) *
^^Nahh. Pacquiao has a MUCH BETTER shot at Mayweather than Khan. Amir goes in straight lines and has no defense at all. Pac may not be Pernell Whitaker, but he uses angles, feints, and upper body movement to throw off his opponents.

I don't see how anyone could pick Khan over Ortiz with any type of certainty. Amir isn't the most intelligent guy in the ring and his punch resistance is very questionable, along with his defense, or lack there of. And though he's a good puncher, for the most part he doesn't commit to his shots because he's worried about the incoming.

A Khan-Ortiz fight could go either way and I think Ortiz has a good chance of KOing him.

A motivated Ortiz should beat Khan. Note the word 'motivated' because Ortiz seems to lack that in the big fights.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 25 2011, 09:09 PM
Post #48

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (duwdu @ Sep 25 2011, 04:34 PM) *
He gets talked about so much because he talks about himself and tweets so much, sometimes with reckless abandon. Also, it's my take that he is talked about so much because, along with Froch, he is the most visible British boxer on the world stage right now, so more British writers and commentators tend to mention/focus on him. But then, it is the era of self promotion. He has obviously learnt one or two things about self promotion from Mayweather.

P34c3

I definitely agree this portion of your post...self-promotion is the way to go nowadays. A fighter cant solely depend on their promoter, especially if they (the fighter) have envisioned themselves becoming a professional boxer/superstar one day, then you would figure they had some type of ring gimmick together. Just my thoughts...

QUOTE (brisgreat2007 @ Sep 25 2011, 09:25 PM) *
Bhop began boxing in his late teens and early twenties. His early losses were literally the beginning of his career. Khan does NOT have power in both of his hands, he DOES have fast hands, he is an above average boxer, but like Manny he relies solely on his offensive abilities. A young JMM or Morales would rip Khan apart. Any decent counter puncher dominates Khan.

That's the difference between boxers and elite boxers. JMM, Morales and FMJ are all elite boxers, and I don't suspect any of them for using PED's. I can't say the same for anyone who trains with Freddie Roach or Alex Ariza.

Khan does heavily rely on his offense, but he also uses his legs a lot to circle and avoid being hit (along with head movement). A young JMM would've been able to take those shots to get inside, because his height and reach (somewhat) would put him at a disadvantage against Khan. If it came down to an all-out slug-out, then I would give it to JMM, because Khan would probably be surprised by JMM's ring intelligence and willingness to brawl. A young Morales would give Khan a hard time, because Khan has a slight height advantage over JMM and he is "more Mexican" than JMM when it comes to somewhat abandoning his technique and engaging in an all-out brawl. JMM always keeps his composure when brawling, but Morales digs deep and goes for broke.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Sep 26 2011, 05:08 AM
Post #49

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (brisgreat2007 @ Sep 26 2011, 02:27 PM) *
A motivated Ortiz should beat Khan. Note the word 'motivated' because Ortiz seems to lack that in the big fights.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. ..................

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 26 2011, 07:58 AM
Post #50

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 26 2011, 06:08 AM) *
Coulda, woulda, shoulda. ..................

...but he caint (can't), so he aint! Hahahaha!!!

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 12:03 PM