IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Floyd getting worked in sparring??, Does this mean anything?
leonthegee
post Apr 19 2013, 07:15 AM
Post #31

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,401

I wouldnt be surprized if Floyd punched himself to hype the fight. Make people think Guerreros has a chance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post Apr 19 2013, 07:45 AM
Post #32

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

Floyd has been in great shape for this fight for over a month. Now is just about getting his mind and instincts back sharp. RG is still trying to get into physical shape. When Floyd shifts into plans B and C just to get him off balance, RG wont be able to think in the ring fast enough to adjust. Heck, I think once the ref stops him from the extra rough stuff he did in the Berto fight and Floyd takes him to the center of the ring, it is over for him.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 19 2013, 08:17 AM
Post #33

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Seems like guys are somewhat giving Floyd a pass for what happened in sparring...I wonder if people would give Guerrero that same courtesy if he sustained a black eye in sparring. Hmm...me thinks that people would go ahead and give Floyd the W for this fight, if Guerrero got a black eye in sparring. Just sayin'

I think that it's natural for athletes, fighters, etc. to get hurt to some degree while training. Most injuries occur during camp...we all know this. I've also been hearing that Spence has been giving Broner that work in sparring too. It must have been quite apparent if the word has been spreading, but who knows.

As somebody already mentioned, these guys (Floyd and Broner) don't like to look bad, so any little thing that happens in camp or in the ring, is gonna get blown out of the water. I also remember when Floyd caught the rib injury in sparring, nobody was saying that he got bested, they just chalked it up as the fight not selling as they thought it would, so it was postponed. I believe that a black eye is more convincing, though it can be also be spun in quite a few different directions.

Floyd only allowed his sparring session to be taped before the Cotto fight, because he was sparring guys that he knew and had sparred before. I believe he had mouse under his eye before the Mosley fight, nobody made that much of a deal out of it then. Rueben is doing what he's supposed to do...sell the fight, which Robert absolutely sucks at.

His father is convincing us that we're gonna see a fight on May 4th, while his son has us thinking that he's going to Iraq with a huge chance of not coming back...especially with him getting prayed over before sparring and the media workouts. Gotta love Rueben, he's another Angel Garcia...overly excited about the spotlight and relishing in the villain role!

Sparring says a lot, but then again, it says so little. Something is telling me that Guerrero is STILL spending too much time trying to make weight, because he still looked heavy early this week. I could be looking too much into it though. Since Floyd's right eye is black, its safe to say that it came from a left hand...something that Robert is pretty good at when he doubles up on them.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Apr 19 2013, 10:19 AM
Post #34

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

I have seen the great HOPKINS wear the effects of sparring.. A BLACK EYE in sparring? WHO THE FUCK CARES PLEASE!!! Shows me Mayweather is getting the work and prep he needs--- I would be willing to bet Guerrero will have black eyes for sure on May 4th

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Apr 19 2013, 10:20 AM

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Apr 19 2013, 11:42 AM
Post #35

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

The most intriguing thing about this fight is whether or not Mayweather can perform at the same level. The black eye adds fuel to that fire and will help sell the fight which is not sold out as of yet. The threat of FMWJR going up against the ghost is definitely not what's going to sell the fight.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 19 2013, 12:44 PM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Just because he has a black eye don't mean he got worked, people reading way too much into it on both sides

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 19 2013, 01:32 PM
Post #37

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 19 2013, 06:51 AM) *
Gentlemen this is boxing you are going to get touched even Floyd. This is what we want. We want to know that Floyd is going balls to the wall for this fight. It is just like in basketball or football when the players try and beat the shit out of each other. It gets them prepared for the game. He is in fight mode and of course he is going to get touched. I love this and guess what no matter how he is doing in sparring his record his professional record speaks volumes. So while Guerrero Sr. is salivating on the fact that Mayweather may have a black eye and talking about how great his prison stint was he needs to figure out a game plan for Mayweather. Talking shit can only take you so far and the last guy to talk shit majorly like this to Mayweather ended up on his face in the corner post... Mr. Hatton. Don't fuck with the bull if you don't want the horns.

ricky was shook the whole way leading up to the fight. i don't recall him talking much.

i'm just hoping floyd doesn't leave it all in the ring. like i said before....there's a fine line between reaching that peak and over training. floyd and his ppl have been at this a very long time. i'm sure they know what they're doing. mishaps are common.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 19 2013, 01:34 PM
Post #38

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 19 2013, 11:19 AM) *
I have seen the great HOPKINS wear the effects of sparring.. A BLACK EYE in sparring? WHO THE FUCK CARES PLEASE!!! Shows me Mayweather is getting the work and prep he needs--- I would be willing to bet Guerrero will have black eyes for sure on May 4th

bhop got dropped in sparring before his first fight with ward. i think things like that are very telling and follow them into the fight.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Apr 19 2013, 01:37 PM
Post #39

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 19 2013, 06:25 AM) *
Sure but there must of been a reason to show it then and not now. Clearly Floyd doesn't like looking bad at all, which is most likely why he doesn't let people film them. So why did he in the Cotto fight? Why then and not now

The only footage Floyd has ever released of himself sparring are for Cotto and another i forgot. So what youre saying is he looked bad for the sparring during all 41 of his other training camps? Only Floyd knows why he allowed his sparring footage to be released. We can't answer that question nor do i think its that critical for us to look for an answer. it was never that real.

As for what ruben said its a rumor. Whether true or false this is boxing. Shit happens. Many sources outside Floyds camp have said Floyds looking great. This is also his longest training camp.

As for Floyd sparring bigger dudes, he always spars bigger guys. Always. Thats nothing new. He spars them to familiarize himself with the power and weight/height advantage of his opponents.

If your sparring partners aren't giving you work then you need new sparring partners. the fight isn't won on fight night but in training camp. This is boxing gentlemen. Not that serious.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Apr 19 2013, 01:38 PM
Post #40

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 19 2013, 01:44 PM) *
Just because he has a black eye don't mean he got worked, people reading way too much into it on both sides

Thank you. its not that serious.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 04:33 AM